It's Over

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

Beat Carlisle at Hillsborough, they lose to MK, win at Brentford to go 2 points ahead, watch them bottle it on Sky after against Stevenage, both of us win on last day meaning it all turns out well - that's probably 100% happening.

Beat Carlisle at Hillsborough, they lose to MK, win at Brentford to go 2 points ahead, watch them bottle it on Sky after against Stevenage, both of us win on last day meaning it all turns out well - that's probably 100% happening.

This is still possible. Fingers crossed.

Deal with it.

Mistakes during Megson's reign have ultimately cost us.

But to draw away at Colchester at such an important part of the season is unforgivable.

First half performances, Huddersfield aside, in the last 5 or so games have been nothing shy of awful - we don't come out the traps quick enough.

Are you my dad in disguise?? Only difference is you've not put skin flint Milan needs to sell up in the summer like he said today!!

laugh.png

i can picture the poor kid with some safety scissors frantically trying to get his vein, while at the same time searching for a strong enough beam while he types this boll0x. ten points clear in third, and have only dropped 4 points in Jones reign and this is how he reacts?

Guest wilyfox

we're unbeaten in 11 games and still going...could hardly have asked for more. we went into the derby on the back of 3 straight defeats, and were 5 points behind with United having 2 games in hand; let's be honest, we thought it was all over then. we used our share of good luck in getting that lead overturned. once on terms, we needed to earn it for ourselves from that point on; against Walsall and Colchester, we've been that little bit short. fair play to United, they've matched us point for point in recent weeks despite our pressure. we could clear 90 points and still not go up automatically; has that even happened before with 3 teams exceeding 90 points? if so, i can't remember...

You know what - this is utter crap.

A point at Colchester is a decent point most of the time - we're on a great run, looking like one of the best teams in the league and playing some good attacking football. Whilst I hate saying it, and it's not over just yet, the pigs have rose to the challenge - amazingly winning their last 6 games on the bounce - and there's nothing we can do about that - if they go up - they deserve to - if they are in 2nd place after 46 games.

We're in so much better shape than this time last year - we might sneak automatics - if not, our 3rd place is poles apart from other play-off teams - and no disrespect to those teams, but if we play reasonably well, we will be too good for the other contenders - and so have a great chance of getting promotion this season.

So why all the doom and gloom - we've had a great season overall - and even if we don't go up this season - no-one can tell me we are not on our way back - and next season will see us even stronger - possibly even another 8-10 points better off than this season if we (worst case) stay in this league.

We're scoring, having fun, winning much more than we lose and seeing some exciting players putting on the shirt.

Patience - and it will come - I'm certain. So, enjoy it and get behind them - I actually feel no pressure - because we will have our time in the very near future.

Top post.

In fact, I'll make it the last one I read tonight!!

Deal with it.

Mistakes during Megson's reign have ultimately cost us.

But to draw away at Colchester at such an important part of the season is unforgivable.

First half performances, Huddersfield aside, in the last 5 or so games have been nothing shy of awful - we don't come out the traps quick enough.

Just thought I'd let you know they have Drew against Us, Pigs, Hudders, and won Charlton away 2-0, err your logic is laughable

Guest JohnFantham

You know what - this is utter crap.

A point at Colchester is a decent point most of the time - we're on a great run, looking like one of the best teams in the league and playing some good attacking football. Whilst I hate saying it, and it's not over just yet, the pigs have rose to the challenge - amazingly winning their last 6 games on the bounce - and there's nothing we can do about that - if they go up - they deserve to - if they are in 2nd place after 46 games.

We're in so much better shape than this time last year - we might sneak automatics - if not, our 3rd place is poles apart from other play-off teams - and no disrespect to those teams, but if we play reasonably well, we will be too good for the other contenders - and so have a great chance of getting promotion this season.

So why all the doom and gloom - we've had a great season overall - and even if we don't go up this season - no-one can tell me we are not on our way back - and next season will see us even stronger - possibly even another 8-10 points better off than this season if we (worst case) stay in this league.

We're scoring, having fun, winning much more than we lose and seeing some exciting players putting on the shirt.

Patience - and it will come - I'm certain. So, enjoy it and get behind them - I actually feel no pressure - because we will have our time in the very near future.

Spot on Daz, don't you just get sick of the moaners!

Guest greggo1867

We look very likely to reach 90 points this season. Most seasons that would be enough to go up, so I can't see how anybody can lay into either of the managers we've had this season - they've both played their part in what would ordinarily be a very successful season. Which it may still turn out to be. OP is talking utter drivel. We've two home games and a tricky trip to Brentford, the pigs have got to play two teams who between them scored nine goals and conceded none away from home today, and an Exeter side who've turned us over three times out of four.

It's over when the mathematics say so. Not now.

Guest phshaw

That is a brilliant post Darryl. Although I think it is quite possible for the Blades to lose at MKD and draw against Stevenage, if they do hold off our challenge then we just have to hold our hands up. I would expect us to win the playoffs but even if we don't, we are on the way back that is for sure. When we got relegated in 1970 and 2000 we knew we were fooked. In 1990 we all knew we would come straight back. So I agree there is every reason to be positive; I just know that it'll be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end!!

Guest CowshedLad

United are 2nd in the league.

4 weeks ago they drew 1-1 with Colchester down there.

It's hardly the easiest place to go.

We won 5-0 there... Just sayin.

What a fool this guy is, a point away at Colchester is a very good result and we could have won it if Ranger had bagged and Antonio's goal stood.

I wasn't at the game today but listened to it and it sounded like we wern't at our best. I do believe we are tired after playing so well for so long. It sounded like Antonio had another quiet game, his third on the trot.

I can't believe how fickle this guy is. Yes I do believe our chances of automatic promotion are over, I don't believe United are gonna loose twice, but we were always gonna drop points somewhere along the lines, and a point down in London isn't bad.

I think the biggest mistake of the season was not letting Megson go a couple of weeks earlier, and I said that at the time.

Definitely going up in the play-offs though, and we getta go to Wembly.