RIP Jack Smith

Guest Deleted member

My bestest mates (MSOwl) Dad passed away last night, peacefully in hospital, at the age of 78.

It was quite sudden - he'd only gone in on Wednesday after complaining of pains in his stomach.

Jack loved Wednesday - used to sit on the uncovered terrace in front of the South Stand with MSOwl when he was growing up. He was very cynical like the rest of us - always believed that the worst would happen (and very usually was right lol)

He was a bloody smashing bloke - and I'll be having a little think about him today as we kick off.

RIP Jack - he's reunited with his lovely wife now who I know hes missed terribly for a few years now

Thanks so much for this mate

I'm still in shock..........................He was as fit as a fiddle, walked for miles......Loved my Dad so much.

Then gone...........................What's that all about!!!!!

Thanks for all your words of support guys, I'm just stunned.

football may only be a game but Sheffield Wednesday are a brotherhood,

this is why even though I didnt personally know Jack I feel saddened by this news and wish everyone touched by his passing my condolenses,

he was one of us RIP

this

I'm still in shock..........................He was as fit as a fiddle, walked for miles......Loved my Dad so much.

My mother was talking to me, next second she fell backwards dead it was so quick, that was in 1991 I still have flashbacks, so I do feel for you, mate.

i loved my Dad so much, we went to every home game for years, we'd catch the bus into town and have a chip butty at the market then he'd put a bet on whilst i waited outside (he like the houses back then) then we'd get the special bus to the ground, pick up a bag of sweets from the news agent then into the ground we went.

As Nige said we sat on the uncovered bit of the old southstand just behind the away box, we always had a Pie & bovril from the old dears that used to serve you back then.

He brought me into the Wednesday family as his Grandad did before.

RIP Dad, god bless find my mum and be happy again.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

i loved my Dad so much, we went to every home game for years, we'd catch the bus into town and have a chip butty at the market then he'd put a bet on whilst i waited outside (he like the houses back then) then we'd get the special bus to the ground, pick up a bag of sweets from the news agent then into the ground we went.

As Nige said we sat on the uncovered bit of the old southstand just behind the away box, we always had a Pie & bovril from the old dears that used to serve you back then.

God Bless you mate - feel for you at this terrible time

RIP your Dad

Sorry for your loss mate. Glad we got 3 points for your dad today.

So sorry for you MS. Let's hope the lads do it for all of you this season.

R.I.P. Jack