PHONE SIGNAL INSIDE HILLSBOROUGH

Guest Shythawk

I sit in the North stand on the halfway line about halfway back.

My iPhone is on the Orange network but I always struggle once inside the ground to get a strong enough 3G signal to get the Sky Sports app to work.

Is it my poo phone or do other fans have same problem?

Until this season I had not had a problem, last half a dozen plus games none of the texts I have sent have got through.

Guest aphextwins

Isn't there a free wireless thingymabob we can connect to at the ground??? I think you need a password but I'm sure there is one.

I'm on Orange. I sit on the South stand, and get good HSDPA reception (I used to work in telecoms-and that's the fastest)

As mentioned before, if you have thousands of people in a concentrated area, all using the same cell, then network traffic is going to be severly affected, no matter what network you are on. It's a shame SWFC don't install 20-30 wireless hubs/routers for the fans so we can keep abreast of things. It would be relatively inexpensive to install.

Guest Grez Bez

I think the WiFi is the biggest issue

Couldnt SWFC install a WiFi signal and turn it off after match days. Password protected?

I dont get people who say 'invest it in the team', thats so narrow minded, there are budgets in place. Its about building the CLUB, that includes the mathc day experience. We want away fans to bring loads and if they are to do that we need to improve the customer experience. We want them to come away thinking "Hillsborough is great, Wednesday are MASSIVE, I cant wait for next seasons fixture"

Me too, I use O2 and it is fine until the stand fills up. I think it is to do with the signal being distorted by the number if people in the area.

Maybe someone should get the swfc hotspot password and pass it on or they could put scores on the scoreboard other than a selected half dozen !!!

Guest peterathertonfanclub

I have no problems on my nokia 3310, ring the missus get the footy scores easy........... You kids and your modern technology ...............and if I lose my hammer at work I can knock nails in with it .............

I have an iPhone 4 on 3 network sit on the kop row p near to north stand and don't have any problems at all, only occasionally can't get on the live score app but can get on sky sports app all the time.

Maybe it's because I'm near the open space and get a better signal, my son also has a iPhone 4 on O2 he never as a problem either

Guest khukin

i sit on south near leppings lane end, im O2 got blackberry curve andthe signals there just can never check scores, text or tweets

Guest dorisowl

The Eurosport live score app works but you need to tinker with the settings. League 1 is not included as standard. It's an alternative to the skysports app when their server is too busy.

I've got an iPhone 4 and the 3G works most times that I use it.