The Run-In Updated

Who do you think has the hardest run in there? Huddersfield, Colchester, Carlisle and Brentford look tough to me, really tough. For the pigs, I'd say County, Hartlepool, MK and Stevenage are tough but I really don't rate MK.

Looking at that I'd say we are slightly worse off but hopefully I'm wrong.

IMHO the fixtures are starting to look easier.

Let the other teams worry about us for a change and how they are going to cope with our fast flowing passing game.

The home matches all look winnable. Its the away ones that slightly concern me, but Nott County was a big one before we beat them on saturday.

Still think its going to go to the last day.

However, as an omen lived in Wolverhampton at the time when Dave Jones's wolves side got promoted to the PL after beating the blades 3-0 in the playoff final, walked up to see the team parade though the city centre in a open top bus, and remember thinking at the how brilliant would it be if we got back to the PL league, and how much fun the celebrations would be.

I can't see us being able to do it if we drop any points at home.

All of those away games are very, very difficult. I can't help but think that united have the easier run in.

Brentford and Colchester may have nothing to play for by the time we play them. This could be important.

Rochdale and Exeter may need wins against United to keep them up.

Mid table teams are the best to be playing at the business end of the season - is there any way of highlighting relegation threatened clubs?

Edited by Random Task

April looks fairly tough for us.

We need to win all our games in March to ease the pressure a bit.

My view currently is that if we win our remaining 5 home games we will grab second. 5 homes wins would put us on 85 pts and assume we'll pick some bits and pieces up away that would take us around the 90 pts mark which has to be enough surely.

Win all our home games and that will give us 85 points, meaning a couple of draws away should be enough. Easier said than done mind.

As for those saying United have an easier run in, trips to notts county, Hartlepool and Exeter, as well as a home game against stevenage will be anything but easy.

Win all our home games and that will give us 85 points, meaning a couple of draws away should be enough. Easier said than done mind.

As for those saying United have an easier run in, trips to notts county, Hartlepool and Exeter, as well as a home game against stevenage will be anything but easy.

And MK away

I listened to Brentford vs United whilst driving a few weeks ago, and believe me, Brentford sounded horrific. Obviously anything can happen on the day, but don't just assume that because Brentford has been a noriously tough place to go in the past that we should be overly worried about them.

We really shouldn't fear anyone going into these last few games. I am fairly confident we will grab that 2nd spot, but let's keep our feet on the ground for now ey.

Edited by standerino