Sheffield Wednesday wanting to sign Robbie Fowler till end of the season

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

He's hardly a Jeffers Mark 2. He's scored more goals than Jeffers over his career and was a far better player. He has a combined wealth of approx £28million which says a lot about his motivation (ie he's not playing solely for the money). So whereas Jeffers was a leach, Fowler is self-sufficent.

The only similarities are that he is a Scouser and a striker.

Jeffers mark 2 = lazy comment.

For 1,000 a week Madine et al will learn alot from him even if he never plays for us.

He coached the LIverpool forwards in 2011.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Can't believe this on so many levels.

1. He was washed up as an attacking force years ago.

2. He has a bad attitude - cost Roy Evans his job.

3. Why would he turn down the championship and silly money for League 1 and (surely) much less?

He was offered £100 a week and £5,000 a game. I guess he saw it as being a bit disrespectful as £100 wouldn't even cover his expenses.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

And the real Clinton Morrison obviously disappeared before he joined Wednesday as well.

one one one with two minutes to go COG or Fowler?

There's more chance of a fit Clinton Morrison getting in that position than a Robbie Fowler who hasn't played at a decent level for years.

You're getting excited about the name.

Again, you do Clinton a dis-service. I don't think his form has been bad at all at times this season- especially at MK.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I think he would be a great boost.. love him in to coach madine alone ,,would be worth it....

Plus it would be great to see such a name knocking in a few for us before the end of the season..

AND he may stay on as a coach for the forwards next season which again would be marvellous....

I think he would be a great boost.. love him in to coach madine alone ,,would be worth it....

Plus it would be great to see such a name knocking in a few for us before the end of the season..

AND he may stay on as a coach for the forwards next season which again would be marvellous....

I agree entirely!

What everyone fails to realise is that footballers train all week prior to the game. Maybe our strikers can gain a lot just by playing practice games alongside Robbie Fowler i.e. movement, positioning, timing of runs, etc. in that respect, he could be a great signing.

Edited by shandypants

Guest pops55

What everyone fails to realise is that footballers train all week prior to the game. Maybe our strikers can gain a lot just by playing practice games alongside Robbie Fowler i.e. movement, positioning, timing of runs, etc. in that respect, he could be a great signing.

This for me, i think he would be great signing just for the buzz and experience he would bring to the sqaud.

There's more chance of a fit Clinton Morrison getting in that position than a Robbie Fowler who hasn't played at a decent level for years.

You're getting excited about the name.

Again, you do Clinton a dis-service. I don't think his form has been bad at all at times this season- especially at MK.

Again, you do Dave Jones a disservice - do you seriously believe that if Dave Jones is contemplating signing Fowler that he is not aware how old he is, has not checked his fitness levels etc. He has worked with him before. He knows what he is getting. If he thinks he can add to the squad, I'm in.

Guest mark ward

robbie fowler at wednesday ? not too sure about this,would all depend on wages and wether he is still good enough for league one.at the right price he might be worth the gamble.he might also be a long term help to our strikers after all hes been there and done it.now if it would have been kevin philips id say yes all the way.