Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
@owlstalk

Sheffield Wednesday wanting to sign Robbie Fowler till end of the season

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

Again, you do Dave Jones a disservice - do you seriously believe that if Dave Jones is contemplating signing Fowler that he is not aware how old he is, has not checked his fitness levels etc. He has worked with him before. He knows what he is getting. If he thinks he can add to the squad, I'm in.

I can see where he may add value to the squad (possibly) but what I don't agree with is how people seem willing to put him above the likes of COG and Clinton in the pecking order without even knowing if he's anywhere near match fit.

If this is our signing to get us over the line then I'd be disappointed, and that's what some seem to be viewing it as.

We need someone who is match fit and has been scoring regularly at a level we can measure them at when given the opportunity. Fowler doesn't tick any of these boxes for me.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

robbie fowler at wednesday ? not too sure about this,would all depend on wages and wether he is still good enough for league one.at the right price he might be worth the gamble.he might also be a long term help to our strikers after all hes been there and done it.now if it would have been kevin philips id say yes all the way.

Look at Mark with his fancy font! Georgia serif - very nice.

Yes get him in

If he can stand your fitness test, yep.

He could be signed as a warning to Madine. In a 'carry on partying and this is where you will end up' type scenario.

Where has this rumour started? He barely made an impact under Jones at Cardiff and sat on the bench/treatment table with Maclean.

£5k a game would also be mental.

cant harm, even just for his experience around the place

could be this years Tricky Trev, 10 mins to go...

I can see where he may add value to the squad (possibly) but what I don't agree with is how people seem willing to put him above the likes of COG and Clinton in the pecking order without even knowing if he's anywhere near match fit.

If this is our signing to get us over the line then I'd be disappointed, and that's what some seem to be viewing it as.

We need someone who is match fit and has been scoring regularly at a level we can measure them at when given the opportunity. Fowler doesn't tick any of these boxes for me.

When was the last time Clinton scored? For me, Clinton has been almost as disappointing as Jeffers. He was a "name" and he's really failed to deliver. In hindsight a poor signing. I wish we'd spent his wages on Mellor.

Match fit and scoring = not going out on loan to league 1.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

cant harm, even just for his experience around the place

could be this years Tricky Trev, 10 mins to go...

Cheers mate!! lol

No, no, no. Past his sell by date by about 5 years. Would rather see what he have play up there. This would be a bad costly move.

On the other hand, if he turned out to be Kevin Phillips-esque...

true, though phillips has been lethal all his career while fowler has been passed it for 5+ years

Waste of time

Importantly, when was the last time he scored? What have his recent performances been like?

also

Is this just all BS?

Could be useful psychologically against teams

Some of his goals for Perth Glory here

He could be signed as a warning to Madine. In a 'carry on partying and this is where you will end up' type scenario.

Yeah, that'll teach him!!!

If you don't sort out your partying you could end up with £28 million in the bank, still playing professionally at 36 and with 26 international caps for England!

So just you watch it Gary!!

Some of his goals for Perth Glory here

Pens and tap ins dont count...

Please, God, intervene and don't let this happen

Amen