Sheffield Wednesday wanting to sign Robbie Fowler till end of the season

Again, you do Dave Jones a disservice - do you seriously believe that if Dave Jones is contemplating signing Fowler that he is not aware how old he is, has not checked his fitness levels etc. He has worked with him before. He knows what he is getting. If he thinks he can add to the squad, I'm in.

I can see where he may add value to the squad (possibly) but what I don't agree with is how people seem willing to put him above the likes of COG and Clinton in the pecking order without even knowing if he's anywhere near match fit.

If this is our signing to get us over the line then I'd be disappointed, and that's what some seem to be viewing it as.

We need someone who is match fit and has been scoring regularly at a level we can measure them at when given the opportunity. Fowler doesn't tick any of these boxes for me.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

robbie fowler at wednesday ? not too sure about this,would all depend on wages and wether he is still good enough for league one.at the right price he might be worth the gamble.he might also be a long term help to our strikers after all hes been there and done it.now if it would have been kevin philips id say yes all the way.

Look at Mark with his fancy font! Georgia serif - very nice.

I can see where he may add value to the squad (possibly) but what I don't agree with is how people seem willing to put him above the likes of COG and Clinton in the pecking order without even knowing if he's anywhere near match fit.

If this is our signing to get us over the line then I'd be disappointed, and that's what some seem to be viewing it as.

We need someone who is match fit and has been scoring regularly at a level we can measure them at when given the opportunity. Fowler doesn't tick any of these boxes for me.

When was the last time Clinton scored? For me, Clinton has been almost as disappointing as Jeffers. He was a "name" and he's really failed to deliver. In hindsight a poor signing. I wish we'd spent his wages on Mellor.

Match fit and scoring = not going out on loan to league 1.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

Guest GodsanOwl

He could be signed as a warning to Madine. In a 'carry on partying and this is where you will end up' type scenario.

Yeah, that'll teach him!!!

If you don't sort out your partying you could end up with £28 million in the bank, still playing professionally at 36 and with 26 international caps for England!

So just you watch it Gary!!