Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIG D

Robbie Fowler?

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Trevor Francis was a has been reject. And one of the best players to pull on the blue and white jersey.

trevor francis was a top-flight player for qpr when we signed him,fowler hasnt played top-flight football for years and just left the thai league( which i'm guessing is a lower standard than league 1 )and wasnt a success in that .....

Yes please. At 36 and with no pace he is still a very good player.

Edited by SuperKevin

I wouldn't right Fowler off at League 1 level.

Out manager will know for certain if he still has it.

Just keep the faith guys!

Yes please. At 36 and with no pace he is still a very good player.

his recent record suggests otherwise .....

Even though he rejected Blackpool?...

I don't want him either but just saying..

Yes but even I would reject Blackpool. You can see the beach from the stand, and I mean below your feet through the hole

I wouldn't mind tbh. Would draw some media attention and I'm sure the players would love to have a player of his stature in the dressing room.

A look at his stats suggests he hasn't really cut it for 9 years- regardless of the level he's player at.

It's easy to dream about him rolling back the clock but the truth is the games would probably just pass him by.

agreed - the potential for it to go badly would be much higher than the potential for it to be a success - as you say there is nothing in his recent history to make this seem a wise move

A 1 in 3 return in Australia isn't that bad at all.. The mentor for Madine is also very interesting and a good shout IMO...

Fowler vs Clinton...Fowler with a fairly recent decent goal return in Aus... Mmmm which one would you have?

I always really liked Fowler as a goal poacher, and we make a lot of chances which he may stick away, it's the instinct that he has, right place right time...he was never about pace etc.. just sticking em in... I think this would be a decent signing and may cause consternation in Div 1 defences leaving Madine more room to score... Just a thought..

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

his recent record suggests otherwise .....

1 in 3 in Aus?

agreed - the potential for it to go badly would be much higher than the potential for it to be a success - as you say there is nothing in his recent history to make this seem a wise move

No problem for me as long as the emphasis is on him coming in as a mentor/player. Therefore, even if it doesn't work out for him on the pitch his experience and knowledge of the game would sitll be beneficial for our strikeforce. I really can't see why it could go badly!

Win win situation IMO.

1 in 3 in Aus?

Not that great is it really?

And more recent than that 2 in 10 in Thailand.

Look at Heffernan. I bet he's at about 1 in 3 in the SPL, Never really looked like cutting it here though.

I would suggest League One is a higher standard than Aus and Thailand.

We need pace not a poacher - he is well past it . Earnshaw would be better.

he'll enjoy the presence of lines I understand :ph34r:

Hehehe

The "old star" type signing has always been a favourite of Mandaric. If it is true then perhaps he is keen?

If Megson was here we'd have laughed this rumour off entirely but now who knows?

As the manager mentions that Coke's gone, Fowler looks dejected.

The "old star" type signing has always been a favourite of Mandaric. If it is true then perhaps he is keen?

If Megson was here we'd have laughed this rumour off entirely but now who knows?

I hope Jones is as strong and single minded as Megson was, something I loved about Meggo.

Love Mandy but we won't want him picking any of the signings. Has to be totally the managers say, if Jones really wants him the fair enough.