SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE

Hillsborough has been trouble free for years. Yet a new bright idea of introducing barriers to Leppings Lane to avert fan clashes appears to have had the opposite effect.

Not only were the West Ham fans cattled down Parkside Road headlong into a sea of Joyous Wednesday Fans but there was not a police officer in sight.

The dissapointed WHU fans took out their anger on the jubilant Owls fans.

Nice try SYP 0/10 once again, Failure !

Guest 03 owl

do you think the site of such barriers makes trouble happen as that they are a visable thing for averting trouble but can ignite it as you are already sub-consiously thinking they are there for a reason in that trouble is going too happen and puts people on edge?

do you think the site of such barriers makes trouble happen as that they are a visable thing for averting trouble but can ignite it as you are already sub-consiously thinking they are there for a reason in that trouble is going too happen and puts people on edge?

bang on

Owlstalk Shop

...the sort of thing you expect in a police state or when there were troubles in NI...totally inappropriate for a football match but no doubt cheaper than actually using police with intelligence and understanding...I think they do incite trouble and send out the wrong message..

It was a trial. It's failed.

not nesesarily.

the people who make these decisions do not always follow what is reasonable but could be influenced by other factors?

it is up to SWFC, wednesdayite and whoever else to make the point to SYP that these barriers are NOT and never were the answer.

For me the same attitude is prelevant when games are moved to morning kick offs when we play United or whoever.

Moving games to a Sunday and kicking off early basically says "Go out and get drunk as today is so important we have to move the time of the kick off so we can handle you all..."

Would love a Saturday kick off at 3.00 against United.

Guest 03 owl

For me the same attitude is prelevant when games are moved to morning kick offs when we play United or whoever.

Moving games to a Sunday and kicking off early basically says "Go out and get drunk as today is so important we have to move the time of the kick off so we can handle you all..."

Would love a Saturday kick off at 3.00 against United.

I've never got my head around this, as if people want too drink they will whether its 12:00 09:30 or 15:00 prob maybe they consider volume consumed but when the world cup was on in japan and korea and England played brazil think in the semi's, i was in the deep end at 07:30 and it was packed i have never drank that early before and since, and after the game finishe's what do you do then when young free and fancy free, you stay out with your mates, so moving kick offs...if the reason is consumption of alcohol it does not equate...people who want/need a beer will do soo no matter what time the Kick Off is...and add to that reason people who want too be trouble makers suppose?.