Clinton Morrison

Guest Big Guns

How many goals has Ryan Lowe scored in the past 18 months?

But hes not suited to how we play its usually rob Jones who's our threat if madine isn't playing yesterday it was Reda.

Mellor would fit in to how we play.

Its not all you said though; you made the quite frankly crazy post that forwards should be dropped if they don't score in ONE game!!! I would love Mellor here; but would prefer more pace in all honesty given the choice. Mellors fee and wage demands are also huge and him and Madine didn't seem to fit in many games last season. Think COG does the link play better and helps Madine a lot when they play together

Its not all you said though; you made the quite frankly crazy post that forwards should be dropped if they don't score in ONE game!!! I would love Mellor here; but would prefer more pace in all honesty given the choice. Mellors fee and wage demands are also huge and him and Madine didn't seem to fit in many games last season. Think COG does the link play better and helps Madine a lot when they play together

Back down to the mighty bigguns before bradass gets involved!

'Not just for not scoring but for not playing well. IMO Lowe didn't have a good game yesterday. Now how good would it be to have a player like Neil Mellor ready to replace him for the next match for him to realise that he needs to play well every match?' That's one of the last things I said on the matter.

If you don't play well, we would have a good replacement.

I might get slated for this, but I don't think COG is the answer. Promotion winning sides usually have two strikers who can bag 15-20 goals a season at least, and COG doesn't look capable of that. Not saying he isn't a good player because he is, but a Mellor/Madine partnership would be more effective. We can't rely on one bagging all the goals and COG chipping in with 5-10, it's not enough.

'Not just for not scoring but for not playing well. IMO Lowe didn't have a good game yesterday. Now how good would it be to have a player like Neil Mellor ready to replace him for the next match for him to realise that he needs to play well every match?' That's one of the last things I said on the matter.

How do you get an understanding of who you're playing with? Your role in the team? How the team play? Any chance of consistency?

People need a run of games; look at Madine last season he had a run and I dare say that's part of what helped him find his touch this season. As you said we don't have players of the calibre of Messi et al. We're a league 1 club and league 1 players no matter how well we're playing will never play 46 games brilliantly or they'd be playing in the PL

I might get slated for this, but I don't think COG is the answer. Promotion winning sides usually have two strikers who can bag 15-20 goals a season at least, and COG doesn't look capable of that. Not saying he isn't a good player because he is, but a Mellor/Madine partnership would be more effective. We can't rely on one bagging all the goals and COG chipping in with 5-10, it's not enough.

I'm pretty sure i've just been saying that? But yeah, I agree. COG is a decent player but isn't capable of getting many goals.

How do you get an understanding of who you're playing with? Your role in the team? How the team play? Any chance of consistency?

People need a run of games; look at Madine last season he had a run and I dare say that's part of what helped him find his touch this season. As you said we don't have players of the calibre of Messi et al. We're a league 1 club and league 1 players no matter how well we're playing will never play 46 games brilliantly or they'd be playing in the PL

Then you bring in players that do have an understanding. Mellor & Madine do.

COG & Lowe play well as a partnership away but not very well at home.

Guest foreverSWFC

Lowe had a good game yesterday. His movement and work rate is second to none, creates alot of space, and the beauty of him is he'll be there when we have a genuine oppurtunity.

Melllor is a player from the past, who's injured and did not come to us when in the Summer. Move on forget about him.

Lowe had a good game yesterday. His movement and work rate is second to none, creates alot of space, and the beauty of him is he'll be there when we have a genuine oppurtunity.

Melllor is a player from the past, who's injured and did not come to us when in the Summer. Move on forget about him.

Why forget about him when he would be a good signing in January?

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Madine and Lowe are those 2 forwards. If COG gets 10-12 goals with the amount of work and assists he gets through he's more then worth his place in the squad. We'd all love players like Mellor but we have a budget maybe if we had Mellor instead of COG we wouldn't have got Ben Marshall or Chris Lines?

Megson thinks right now he's the answer and that's enough for me; he's using the squad and budget very well and behind the scenes COG sounds like he fits in well; its not just so and so's better you have to consider a lot of things

I'm pretty sure i've just been saying that? But yeah, I agree. COG is a decent player but isn't capable of getting many goals.

You were saying drop em if they don't score every game!

I'm a bit weary about Lowe as well. Not because he hasn't got goalscoring ability (which he has) but at Bury the team was built around him, its a lot different here, and I think we've seen that during his short time with us. I'd have Mellor/Madine with Lowe making occassional appearances

Guest foreverSWFC

COG isn't an out and out goalscorer, he holds the ball up, wins it with this strength and links players into the game. Not all about scoring goals is it? Currently Charlton rely on Wright Phillips, and Huddersfield rely on Rhodes to get the goals, i think we are well more equipped striker wise than both of them are.

Why are people on here moaning about O'Grady and Lowe?! Absolutely crazy, Lowe has scored the winner in two away games, and if it wasn't for O' Grady the piggies would have beaten us. Cut them some slack, and trust Megson, he knows what he is doing.

Guest foreverSWFC

Why forget about him when he would be a good signing in January?

He wouldn't be a good January signing. I think he's found his level in League One, thats why no Championship club took a risk on him in the summer. Hate it when we go back for players, rather we'd just move on, we are in the position to find a better, hungrier striker than Mellor.