Clinton Morrison

You're seriously telling me if you brought someone into the team you'd be happy if they played very poorly?

I'm saying players need a run of games! the reason we're doing so well is Megson has a settled team and players know they'll be given a chance once they have the shirt. It works in football; cricket; rugby. Tell me how many big teams regularly drop players after one game, I can think of Man City and that's more to do with keeping the squad fresh and is hardly based on performances at all I'd say

I'm saying players need a run of games! the reason we're doing so well is Megson has a settled team and players know they'll be given a chance once they have the shirt. It works in football; cricket; rugby. Tell me how many big teams regularly drop players after one game, I can think of Man City and that's more to do with keeping the squad fresh and is hardly based on performances at all I'd say

They do need a run of games. But if a player comes in and is shocking you're telling me you would keep them in the team?

Guest foreverSWFC

How have I? saying he's a good player doesn't mean I want him in the starting line up

Trust me, the team would look alot weaker without O'Grady in the starting line up. I'm so pleased we've finally got a striker who can use his strength effectively, he's playig in a winning side at the time being, so your suggesting we drop him because he doesn't score enough?

Megson knew O'Grady wasn't a prolific goalscorer, hence the fact he only got 9 for Rochdale last season. It's his other qualities which Megson and the majority of Wednesday fans appreciate.

Mellor would make us a lot stronger in the striker department.

That's it.

Lowe will probably become a key player for us but he's not going to continue to get the goals all the time.

Mellor would give us more options and make us more of a threat.

was Mellor a constant goal scoring threat all season?

I'd have him if we shipped Morrison out but your thinking about rotation is ludicrous, and you can slate OGrady all you want but he brings more than goals to us. are you not glad we have someone with his particular attributes?

Guest foreverSWFC

I'd bet a lot of money on us not going up if COG & Lowe are our front 2 for the rest of the season.

Get real, why are you criticising the a winning strike partnership?

Guest foreverSWFC

was Mellor a constant goal scoring threat all season?

I'd have him if we shipped Morrison out but your thinking about rotation is ludicrous, and you can slate OGrady all you want but he brings more than goals to us. are you not glad we have someone with his particular attributes?

This. Mellor was only a real threat towards the end of the season when he knew he needed a contract somewhere. Where was he when we were in dire straits, either injured or not scoring. Mob=ve on from Mellor, i think Megson has aswell.

Also, he's crocked again.

I'd bet a lot of money on us not going up if COG & Lowe are our front 2 for the rest of the season.

How many points have we dropped with them playing up front recently

I'm guessing fans are grateful we have no nose dived since our top scorer has been out, but you on the other hand are claiming they will cost us promotion.

Give me strength

Guest foreverSWFC

They do need a run of games. But if a player comes in and is shocking you're telling me you would keep them in the team?

Your on the wind up, why are you being so negative? We are second in the league and we are winning. How the flip has Lowe been shocking.

Some of you are PROPER drama queens :laugh:

All i'm saying is Lowe didn't play well in the last match and if we had Mellor I would have him upfront.

I haven't slated O'Grady once, I said he's a good player but not a goal scorer because he brings other things to the team.

I would start Lowe & O'Grady in the next match.

What in their is so unbelievably negative?

Guest foreverSWFC

Some of you are PROPER drama queens :laugh:

All i'm saying is Lowe didn't play well in the last match and if we had Mellor I would have him upfront.

I haven't slated O'Grady once, I said he's a good player but not a goal scorer because he brings other things to the team.

I would start Lowe & O'Grady in the next match.

What in their is so unbelievably negative?

Well you didn't structure your argument very well. Personally i think Lowe had a good game yesterday.

I might get slated for this, but I don't think COG is the answer. Promotion winning sides usually have two strikers who can bag 15-20 goals a season at least, and COG doesn't look capable of that. Not saying he isn't a good player because he is, but a Mellor/Madine partnership would be more effective. We can't rely on one bagging all the goals and COG chipping in with 5-10, it's not enough.

Agreed for me!