Reynolds & Madine Sign

Among all the brilliant signings we made since our Premiership relegation...

Go on then - why are these the best signings for 10 years?

Therefore rating them above EVERY signing we've made since relegation.

By the way, I'm happy with Reynolds, so so on Madine, so I'm not here to criticise them.

Reynolds was regular for most Scotland underage squads, is around their senior national squad, and in my opinion one out of two or three best defenders outside of old firm. He was linked with both, was linked with Premiership and Championship clubs last Summer, and if someone told us then, that we will bring him here in 6 months time I would laughed my ears off.

Don't forget that Madine is just 20 years old, and he already has plenty of first team football under his belt, and fair share of goals scored. He is good player already, and excellent prospect who will learn, and mature both as player and as a person. He had excellent end of last season, and was linked with good clubs all summer. Seemingly he improved further bit more this season, and is looking as one of better young strikers around. All others are either not good enough for us now, or we can't afford them. Please don't say Austin as I believe we are nowhere near to spend kind of cash that will make Swindon sell him, especially considering that he signed new deal with them not long ago. Last not but the least - Madine seems as a profile of striker that we need, or at least that Irvine desperately wants here.

Perhaps I chose wrong words above, as we signed likes of Brunt, Whelan, and perhaps one or two others who did brilliantly here, and these might not do as well. But signing of these two strikes me as most ambitious signings we made for a long, long time. Can't remember last time I felt we signed a player of good age, and good quality.

Hope I did myself some justice here :blush:

Reynolds was regular for most Scotland underage squads, is around their senior national squad, and in my opinion one out of two or three best defenders outside of old firm. He was linked with both, was linked with Premiership and Championship clubs last Summer, and if someone told us then, that we will bring him here in 6 months time I would laughed my ears off.

Don't forget that Madine is just 20 years old, and he already has plenty of first team football under his belt, and fair share of goals scored. He is good player already, and excellent prospect who will learn, and mature both as player and as a person. He had excellent end of last season, and was linked with good clubs all summer. Seemingly he improved further bit more this season, and is looking as one of better young strikers around. All others are either not good enough for us now, or we can't afford them. Please don't say Austin as I believe we are nowhere near to spend kind of cash that will make Swindon sell him, especially considering that he signed new deal with them not long ago. Last not but the least - Madine seems as a profile of striker that we need, or at least that Irvine desperately wants here.

Perhaps I chose wrong words above, as we signed likes of Brunt, Whelan, and perhaps one or two others who did brilliantly here, and these might not do as well. But signing of these two strikes me as most ambitious signings we made for a long, long time. Can't remember last time I felt we signed a player of good age, and good quality.

Hard not to think Andy Carroll.

Probably paid a little bit too much for Madine, but saying that, he is only 20.

Think Reynolds is a bit of a bargain tbh. About time we sign players beneath their value when they have little time on their contract left. So used to that happening to us.

Yes you did. Impressive signings (well certainly one is) but to say the best for 10 years is taking excitement a little too far.

However, I agree with your comments, and I'm extremely pleased with Reynolds. Re: Madine - I expected a little better to be honest if we are to push for promotion (and personally today its hit me that it won't happen under Irvine) but he's young, raw and can learn a helluva lot from players like Clinton & Mellor.

Yes you did. Impressive signings (well certainly one is) but to say the best for 10 years is taking excitement a little too far.

However, I agree with your comments, and I'm extremely pleased with Reynolds. Re: Madine - I expected a little better to be honest if we are to push for promotion (and personally today its hit me that it won't happen under Irvine) but he's young, raw and can learn a helluva lot from players like Clinton & Mellor.

Well, Madine is a targetman we are missing, and certainly one Irvine wants in his team. In all honesty I don't think he is as good as either Mellor or Morrison yet... But, he fits in the mix, and fills the role that needed filling. I believe it is better paying for someone who can improve, and become mainstay of our team in years to come (or earn us some tidy profit), then paying similar money for likes of Howard or Parkin who might help more early on, but wont bring long term value to the club.