The old guard on the board?

Lee Strafford?

Co-op Bank?

A collective decision?

Who was responsible for Lee leaving?

Himself?

The board?

BANK, NOTEHOLDERS, KEY SHAREHOLDERS

THE BOARD (though Lee chose the timing and the manner - resignation rather than "removal")

Guest JonR

Board and Bank.

Lee Strafford probably felt shafted (by CS9)

The rest is history.

Maybe i should just stick to commenting on bears and sharks.

obviously we can only speculate but what i would like to know:

who rejected C9S

The old guard on the board?

Lee Strafford?

Co-op Bank?

A collective decision?

Who was responsible for Lee leaving?

Himself?

The board?

i think the old guard reject C9S.. didn't want to give up the control the have had for years.

i think lee was responsible for his own departure. realised his hands were tied and didn't want to devote anymore time to it when all efforts would be fruitless with the current regime controlling the vote.

happy to be proven wrong.

WTID.

Guest JonR

BANK, NOTEHOLDERS, KEY SHAREHOLDERS

THE BOARD (though Lee chose the timing and the manner - resignation rather than "removal")

Bill, you were very patient with me last night while we were talking over the C9s. I have to admit that you were very convincing.

However you painted such a negative picture on the possible benefits of investment, i cant see any investor wanting to come anywhere near us now. As a fan it isnt a particular sticking point for me really, i will be at Hillsborough when i can rain or shine but i would like to know if you think there is any hope

Guest billsaja

Bill, you were very patient with me last night while we were talking over the C9s. I have to admit that you were very convincing.

However you painted such a negative picture on the possible benefits of investment, i cant see any investor wanting to come anywhere near us now. As a fan it isnt a particular sticking point for me really, i will be at Hillsborough when i can rain or shine but i would like to know if you think there is any hope

JonR

Sorry if you thought that, in fact quite the opposite. Never has investment in SWFC been MORE attractive. For a mere 10mm it is obvious that 75% of the club can be obtained (valuing us around the same as Southampton) and that the Co-Op will forgive some of their debts and park the rest until progress has been made either financially or in terms of promotion back to the Premiership - this afternoon several posters on here have been starting discussions with major (and credible) investment groups with names you'd recognise without the aid of google and with other interested individuals. Whether anything comes of this or not who knows, but if you knew some of the discussions friends of mine were having and who they were involving (sorry to go all Owlsman) and how this was all being done with ZERO personal interest by ANY of the groups or individuals involved, you'd be happy to know that investment is far from impossible and that some very disparate parties are coming together for the good of the club as I sit here typing.

WTID is a great idea and should be explored, but if a figurehead who has demonstrated his Wednesday credentials, backed by serious and credible money, could make a bid for the club soon, there would be great cause for optimism. Certainly sorry if I painted a bleak picture, I think that investment is more feasible now than at any time in the club's recent history.

Cryptic enough for OT?

Edited by billsaja

JonR

Sorry if you thought that, in fact quite the opposite. Never has investment in SWFC been MORE attractive. For a mere 10mm it is obvious that 75% of the club can be obtained (valuing us around the same as Southampton) and that the Co-Op will forgive some of their debts and park the rest until progress has been made either financially or in terms of promotion back to the Premiership - this afternoon several posters on here have been starting discussions with major (and credible) investment groups with names you'd recognise without the aid of google and with other interested individuals. Whether anything comes of this or not who knows, but if you knew some of the discussions friends of mine were having and who they were involving (sorry to go all Owlsman) and how this was all being done with ZERO personal interest by ANY of the groups or individuals involved, you'd be happy to know that investment is far from impossible and that some very disparate parties are coming together for the good of the club as I sit here typing.

WTID is a great idea and should be explored, but if a figurehead who has demonstrated his Wednesday credentials, backed by serious and credible money, could make a bid for the club soon, there would be great cause for optimism. Certainly sorry if I painted a bleak picture, I think that investment is more feasible now than at any time in the club's recent history.

Cryptic enough for OT?

just about.

JonR

Cryptic enough for OT?

Hmmmm......interesting.

Guest JonR

I have to admit i have been corresponding with various people over the past few weeks. i think the reason i spent so much time last night going over the points is i'm having different things said to me by different people.

For me this has come to boiling point now LS has resigned. I would like to know what side of the argument he was on regarding C9S. I dont think i will be entirely satisfied until i have the whole story, although i expect i ever will.

I suppose its over now C9S probably have moved on. I wont criticize them but im pleased once this has died down we can start talking about wednesday again.

Guest owlsowlsowls

too cryptic ya fecker

A person we all know has formed a consortium of wealthy individuals to invest (loosely) in the club. Simples !!

Guest JonR

A person we all know has formed a consortium of wealthy individuals to invest (loosely) in the club. Simples !!

I dont know how i feel about this.

someone is playing games. I dont know which side is, so i shall be reserving judgement.

unless it's ac v nt like billsaja who only wants to make money on the back of our misery

Guest billsaja

I dont know how i feel about this.

someone is playing games. I dont know which side is, so i shall be reserving judgement.

Appreciate you've been getting love letters from C9S and their "reps" and sorry if I was being flippant earlier.

Basically there is an effort to mobilise people who are lifelong Wednesday fans and who for whatever reason have not been part of processes before, in to getting real money in to back a takeover. There is no firm commitment yet and there is nothing more than vague intent, but if the Americans are trying to make out that this club is beyond help and they are the only option, you can pretty much figure out why that would be I would think - doesn't matter how much discontent and rumour they spread though, they are not getting the club for a couple of million quid and some vague promises of more (that's not me saying that, that's just fact, bank and noteholders won't go for it however much they craw and FUD).

What can happen is someone with the sufficient amount of money, who actually can show it, can get a majority control of this club now, and that is not as far fetched as some would have us believe. There are posters on here and connected to this site who have access to that type of money.

But it requires real money, not "plans" or "soft circled commitments".

Watch this space.

Guest JonR

unless it's ac v nt like billsaja who only wants to make money on the back of our misery

this is the missing piece of the puzzle that i need to fully understand what has just happened. I have spoken to various people on current events. This keeps getting brought up.

Guest billsaja

Tell you what mate, I am here phoning round contacts trying to see who will take LS's call and talk to him about backing him in a bid for the club.

What are you doing, other than repeating the same boring snide remarks?

And what will I get if I introduce Lee to the right moneymen? Not one rumbleing penny, just the satisfaction of helping out the club, so do me a favour and until you're willing to actually contribute something of value, I know you think I'm a edit, I get it, so why not knock it on the head for a few days maybe?

obsession.jpg

post-12723-127413335395_thumb.jpg