Budget for the summer

Last season, we spent probably about £9m alone on FF, Joao, Hooper.

I don't think we need to question that Carlos will be backed with some serious money to get the players he thinks are needed. 

I would prefer 3 or 4 good quality additions, get rid of some that won't get a game in a month of Sundays and lets see what Carlos has learnt after his first season in the Championship, because I think we will all agree in the early parts of the season just gone he got it wrong and had to learn fast, which he did.

I can see his book being re-written after he leaves us.

2 questions ....................

How much did the Club make by getting to the playoffs and eventually Wembley ?

What is the limit we can spend to keep within the Fair Play Rules and how is it calculated ?   I've never got my head around this one. Thanks.

Budget will depend on where we shop. If we go European we will get better value for the money. My guessing is that we will go for it and spend big. IMO we require:

1 x Left Back

2 x Wingers

1 x Center Back (none if we decide that Hutch will be a centre back which I think he should).

1 x Midfield Hardman

1 x Striker

As for whom I have no idea but a decent striker will cost over 5 million quite possibly nearer to 10 million if shopping in the UK. I would hope that we get in some of the best out of contract players available as well.

We cannot continue to play 3 central midfielders in the first 11 unless they actually play in the center and not out wide! 

Need to get shut of Melo, Helan, Soogoo or whatever his name is, Price and a few others. 

Although he is 30, I would love to see us go for McCormack, He won't want another season at Fulham. Guerdiola for midfield. 

Edited by WayneTheOwl

Guest Ash76

Budget will depend on where we shop. If we go European we will get better value for the money. My guessing is that we will go for it and spend big. IMO we require:

1 x Left Back

2 x Wingers

1 x Center Back (none if we decide that Hutch will be a centre back which I think he should).

1 x Midfield Hardman

1 x Striker

As for whom I have no idea but a decent striker will cost over 5 million quite possibly nearer to 10 million if shopping in the UK. I would hope that we get in some of the best out of contract players available as well.

We cannot continue to play 3 central midfielders in the first 11 unless they actually play in the center and not out wide!

Need to get shut of Melo, Helan, Soogoo or whatever his name is, Price and a few others.

Although he is 30, I would love to see us go for McCormack, He won't want another season at Fulham. Guerdiola for midfield.

Add a RB and I agree

LB - think we may keep Pudil and Bennet

RB - the Turkish link?

CB - no idea who but we need one even if Hutch plays there considering Turnwr and Sasso likely to be off

Wingers - Hammil could be worthy punt with another of more proven quality

Midfielder - Would Love is to get Guedioura

Striker - Kodja would be perfect but I don't think they'd sell at a fee that isn't a massive gamble and places massive expectation on his shoulders

It will be an interesting summer that's for sure

Edited by Ash76