Ball carrying midfielder

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Agree but these a rare beasts nowadays, especially at our level  - also higher, Arsenal just had to pay £30 million for a decent ball winner

Like that Sam Hutchinson?

I'll be honest, I thought we looked at our best with a triumvirate of Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson.

I do wonder though if we could get in 'the next model up' whether Hutch might be better deployed at centre half.

Guest wilyfox

Can't think of too many better, not if we're being realistic

He'd be very high up on my shopping list when looking at central midfielder.

He'd be the first I'd get through the door. Double-deal with Watford for Guedioura and Pudil.

I'll be honest, I thought we looked at our best with a triumvirate of Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson.

I do wonder though if we could get in 'the next model up' whether Hutch might be better deployed at centre half.

This, def see Hutch as a centre half option, seems to make less rash tackles when playing in defence as well, also as a ball playing centre half, would allow the midfield to sit 10-15 yards further forward instead of needing to pick the ball up from current defenders feet!

I completely agree that we need a driving midfielder. Someone who can take us from defensive third of pitch to attacking third, stretch the game creating space for attacking players. Tall and rangey.....I'll get hammered for this but someone years ago said the best midfields have a runner, a floater, a spreader and a buzzer. Best midfield of recent times, Beckham, Scholes, Keane and Giggs. Best Wednesday midfield I've seen, Palmer, Sheridan, Wilson and Worthington. Both these midfields had these elements. I'd say this season we just lacked someone who could take us from our box to opposites box in quick time.