Side for Nxt year

Guest jeffrey

Guest jeffrey

I think from reading through the comments we all have a simular thinking 4-5 quality players. With obvious who should leave. A decent strong tacking quality centre mid a quality winger a striker and maybe a defender. May the search begin.

Guest Fedor

Westwood

Hunt Lees .A Beast Pudil

A.Beast

Lee Bannan

Wallace Fernando

A.Beast

Three beasts down the spine and we'll not be far off the top two.

I said this to a mate this morning. We are too nice. We need a Karl Henry type in middle of park, and a Kenwyn type up front.

I said this to a mate this morning. We are too nice. We need a Karl Henry type in middle of park, and a Kenwyn type up front.

I genuinly think that's how Carlos would want us to set up.

Two things that raises though.

1) How much does a young Drogba cost?

2) After the (expensive) outlay on Hooper will we look to build around him and a 2 up top system?

Don't get people not picking lee for next year, a quality underrated player, personally think there is room for him and bannan in a narrow diamond with a new dm behind. As good as bannan is, we won the 3 games he was suspended for easily yet he gets in over lee most times.

Westwood

Hunt Lees New CB Pudil

New RM Bannan/Lee New CM Forestieri

Hooper New FW

to have a chance of getting out of the league I think those are the minimum changes we need.

Anyone on bench at the moment should be shipped off and the likes of Wallace, Lee, Loovens can be out bench players.

Nuhiu is a fan favourite and would be sad to see him go but it summed it up for me when on the coach radio 5 was playing and the reverend and the makers bloke jokingly said he'd get the winner, and the whole coach laughed. We are laughing at the concept of one of our strikers scoring a goal. It's funny but we can't have that in a promotion side.

I have received flak in the past for saying we need better than Wallace and Lee but it is true, they are good championship players but you need better to go up. They don't offer enough of a threat.

No problems in the goalkeeping department 

I think the back four are fine . we kept a lot of clean sheets again this season . Just need good back up at centre half. Assuming we sign Pudil , then another LB needed as cover. Hunt is solid and palmer is a capable back up. 

I think our weakness is a lack of a midfield destroyer , and a couple of pacy , powerful wingers. 

Up front we need another proven , quality striker as there is too much pressure on Hooper to score. 

So for me we need

Another centre half 

left back

midfield destroyer

2 pacy wingers 

proven striker 

6 players 

Edited by S36 OWL

I genuinly think that's how Carlos would want us to set up.

Two things that raises though.

1) How much does a young Drogba cost?

2) After the (expensive) outlay on Hooper will we look to build around him and a 2 up top system?

I really thought that Joao was our young Drogba after he burst onto the start of our season. I still hope he can adapt to the English game and up his effort and desire. Drogba didn't really take off in his first season in England. 

In my own little dream world

--------------------------Westwood-------------------------

-Hunt-------------Lees------------T. Smith-------Bidwell-

-----------Lee-------------NEW-----------Bannan---------

---------H. Ziyech--------------------------Forestieri------

-----------------------------NEW------------------------------

New faces

-Tommy Smith from Ipswich. Free transfer and a sold young centre back. Excellent defensive pairing that'll be able to play with each other for years. Failing that Aden Flint from Bristol just because he's a giant

-Jake Bidwell. Young but omnipresent in the Brentford line up. Really, really consistent.

-NEW defensive midfielder. Don't know who, but needs to be a monster. 6ft tall at least, probably in his late 20s/early 30s so is savvy and needs to be able to be strong and distribute the ball. Doesn't necessarily need to be nimble or the most mobile in the world, just someone that can really break up the opposition. Hutch will be an excellent backup to whoever this new one is

-Hakim Ziyech. Almost no chance of signing this lad but technically he's better than Forestieri. Phenomenal young talent. Robbie Kruse would be a good alternative and significantly more likely to be interested

-NEW striker. Needs to be a 6ft (at least) complete striker, able to do everything. Of the Connor Wickham mold. Again, can't think of one off the top of my head

Would imagine in total you're looking at a total spend of c. £10 million for all the above, and would certainly see us in a very strong position. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Big question is what formation we will play next season. It's so hard to accommodate Hutchinson/Bannan/Lee into midfield unless we play a 433, which then means FF is forced out wide and Hooper as lone striker. Although that gives us a solid midfield, i personally feel FF is much better when allowed to roam around in that number 10 role, and Hooper is much more effective when he has another striker along side of him, preferably one of Joao/Nuhiu.

For me, I honestly think we are only 3 or 4 more quality players away from being able to compete for a top 2 stop next year. Even though the 3 teams coming down, Newcastle, Villa and Norwich will all want to go straight back up and all have good squads already, if we sign the right players we have a real chance.

I would go for

Westwood

Hunt      Lees      *New* or Hutchinson     *New* maybe Pudil or Iorfa?

Bannan   *New* Guedioura would be ideal 

*New* Matias/Wallace                 Fessi              *New* Redmond /Judge/Phillips?

Hooper

-Something like that, then interchange a winger for Joao/Nuhiu and play 442 with Fessi outside some games.

In my own little dream world

--------------------------Westwood-------------------------

-Hunt-------------Lees------------T. Smith-------Bidwell-

-----------Lee-------------NEW-----------Bannan---------

---------H. Ziyech--------------------------Forestieri------

-----------------------------NEW------------------------------

New faces

-Tommy Smith from Ipswich. Free transfer and a sold young centre back. Excellent defensive pairing that'll be able to play with each other for years. Failing that Aden Flint from Bristol just because he's a giant

-Jake Bidwell. Young but omnipresent in the Brentford line up. Really, really consistent.

-NEW defensive midfielder. Don't know who, but needs to be a monster. 6ft tall at least, probably in his late 20s/early 30s so is savvy and needs to be able to be strong and distribute the ball. Doesn't necessarily need to be nimble or the most mobile in the world, just someone that can really break up the opposition. Hutch will be an excellent backup to whoever this new one is

-Hakim Ziyech. Almost no chance of signing this lad but technically he's better than Forestieri. Phenomenal young talent. Robbie Kruse would be a good alternative and significantly more likely to be interested

-NEW striker. Needs to be a 6ft (at least) complete striker, able to do everything. Of the Connor Wickham mold. Again, can't think of one off the top of my head

Would imagine in total you're looking at a total spend of c. £10 million for all the above, and would certainly see us in a very strong position. 

Height is definitely a top priority when looking at new players for me.

Big question is what formation we will play next season. It's so hard to accommodate Hutchinson/Bannan/Lee into midfield unless we play a 433, which then means FF is forced out wide and Hooper as lone striker. Although that gives us a solid midfield, i personally feel FF is much better when allowed to roam around in that number 10 role, and Hooper is much more effective when he has another striker along side of him, preferably one of Joao/Nuhiu.

For me, I honestly think we are only 3 or 4 more quality players away from being able to compete for a top 2 stop next year. Even though the 3 teams coming down, Newcastle, Villa and Norwich will all want to go straight back up and all have good squads already, if we sign the right players we have a real chance.

I would go for

Westwood

Hunt      Lees      *New* or Hutchinson     *New* maybe Pudil or Iorfa?

Bannan   *New* Guedioura would be ideal 

*New* Matias/Wallace                 Fessi              *New* Redmond /Judge/Phillips?

Hooper

-Something like that, then interchange a winger for Joao/Nuhiu and play 442 with Fessi outside some games.

that side wouldn't be half bad!

I'm slightly anxious about next season.

We over achieved this year with the squad we have, as such big changes are required if we are seriously looking at top 2.

We need a full back maybe 2, a strong midfielder and another striker as a minimum. I don't get too hung up on the need for a 'pacey winger' - plenty of successful teams don't have out and out wingers they get the width from the full backs.

I think big Dave and / or Joao will go and quite right. We need a proven partner for Hooper and neither of those fit the bill, although I cannseenhim keeping one as cover. Obviously LJ has potential, but I don't see much improvement from him over the past 6 months.

As good as Bannan and Lee have been, we need better. We struggle for height through the team and this is an area where we need change. Premiership quality is required now, not if we go up.

I said in another thread we'd possibly got 2 or 3 Prem quality players at the club, we need 5 or 6 to get up there IMO

It's all down to DC and his wallet. Surely after what he's seen this first 12 months or so he's gonna dig deep and back Carlos. The club has come on leaps and bounds - we must keep the momentum going and push on.

Have faith in Carlos. Can't remember for the life of me who it was but when we signed him Carlos said he'd been watching his progress for 4 years. I reckon he'll know exactly who we want,if they are available and have the funds to buy at a sensible price

I think CC clearly has a formation that he likes to play. It's just trying to get the right players to fit that model. Think we are 3 (maybe 4) players away from that. 

My biggest concern (and it's the only thing that worries me with CC) is the fact there rarely seems to be a plan B. 

Guest wilyfox

My biggest concern (and it's the only thing that worries me with CC) is the fact there rarely seems to be a plan B.

He must address that, otherwise our off-games (mistakes, as he calls them) will continue. We rarely win ugly. We either play lovely stuff and get a decent result, or we get turned over looking very weak. I hate the term lightweight, but it's a reality. Carlos must strike a balance between muscle and technique. At the moment, we favour the latter. We need both.