Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Can't agree with author as Hooper will get 20 goals plus next season with a full ter 

Look at full game again and you will see it was him and FF a bit in early stages who gave us a little hope.

His skill and experience nearly - briefly - got us into the game, not to say considerable effort. 

Hull's quality then negated him and FF and , with Wallace showing his age and McGeady cast out, our attacking prowess was way below Hull's defensive and midfield strengths

Agree , though, we need a Connor Wickham - type centre forward, also with his quality, to progress 

Some folk on here literally can not wait for Wednesday to lose so they can start singling players out and try to put them down.

The same people go f*cking quiet when results are going our way.

That is what is truly embarrassing.

Bang on the OP has been waiting to stick the knife in all season .

Hoopers play in the first 20 mins was very good , but he aint a target man against 2 very good centre backs , needs help .

Our best setup is Hooper up front with Joao/Aty, Fernando on the left, Bannan in the middle. Hooper is significantly better when Fernando is in the left, Fernando is miles better when he's on the left and Bannan is better in the middle.

We lost the game yesterday when the team was announced. Fernando is a winger and shouldn't be partnered up front with Hooper.

Got to agree.

When I stand in the gangway watching the team announcement, my heart sinks when I see that neither Joao nor Nuhiu start, because it means Hooper, Fessi and Bannan are going to be a poor shadow of their true ability.

Do you know what?  I think it's a case of we've made our bed with Hooper.  

Next season is a different prospect, we won't be needing to take other sides unfit misfits to make do, he'll have a full pre-season under his belt after playing a lot of football since he joined us.   

We won't be making wholesale changes in much volume, maybe 5 players in, not much more and that kind of stability is going to help.  

I get people shouting on here at me "Wallace" when I say we are lacking a decent cross in our team, but if you have decent crosses coming in and some more cutting passes through the middle Hooper is precisely the kind of striker who can get a team out of this division.    

FF on the left does seem to work better, but the truth is with Hooper, Joao and Dave we still lack one thing - a big hard nasty poopydoo up top.

It was apparent to me that our midfield was the 'issue' on Saturday - I agree with whats been said previously, that we played too deep, too defensive. There were a number of occasions where second balls dropped between the centre circle and hull box and there wasn't a Wednesday midfielders within 30 yards. we played two up top, neither of who had outright strength or pace so they were always going to struggle when isolated against four defenders.

It was just a bad day at the office, Hull dominated for large parts so we were inevitably going to get camped in our own half at times. Nail on the head!

He made two terrific runs where, if FF and Hutch looked up and passed, he'd probably be through on goal.

He's not a 100 miles an hour striker.

He's a right place right time striker.

And the service given on Saturday was little to non-existent.

That said, his first touch was poor at times. He wasn't alone on that though.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Nuhiu and and a young Lucas J? Are you joking?

Those 2 Hull centre halfs would eat those 2 with their rice krispies.

Our only chance was FF or Hooper deep lying, etc

What may have been interesting would have been 3 - 5 - 2, given Hull always play with just 1 upfront and we had already had 2 defensive midfielders in Lee and Hitch. Loovens , not Lees, would then have to be dropped.

Still, great base for next season and, with quality signings, we won't need a play off 

Some strikers need a fighter alongside them, they will never be able to throw their weight around to win a ball on their own. I'm not defending him; a game like Saturday's demands everyone gives their all and does whatever they can to win - that's what separates mediocre from great.

If you accept that a player in your team needs feeding like that, then you have to accommodate that in the game plan. Passing the ball amongst the back four, probing it into midfield only for it to be dropped back again - doesn't feed a player like Hooper. It needs someone to scrap for the ball, push the defensive line back to the final third and then a striker like Hooper gets in to the box where he can do the most damage. We had no real width on Saturday to give us the options to get to the final third and to give Hull something to think about. Most of the time we came at them through the same channels and it doesn't work with a more organised defence which at times was a six man defence with the other four waiting for the clearance to counter us.

Saturday wasn't particularly anybody's fault - we aren't ready yet IMO.

If Forestieri had played Hooper in instead of trying do it all himself, Hooper would had smashed it in and this thread wouldn't exist .

This. I couldn't believe he didn't slip him in with the space he'd created.

Hooper's a 20 goal a season man, he's had a disjointed season and still banged 13.

Him and Joao up top for me next season, Fessi either out wide or in the hole and then a pacey striker to come on off the bench.

Guest wilyfox

He needs service. When he doesn't get it, you can see he's not a happy bunny. But, that's to be expected.

Nuhiu and and a young Lucas J? Are you joking?

Those 2 Hull centre halfs would eat those 2 with their rice krispies.

Our only chance was FF or Hooper deep lying, etc

What may have been interesting would have been 3 - 5 - 2, given Hull always play with just 1 upfront and we had already had 2 defensive midfielders in Lee and Hitch. Loovens , not Lees, would then have to be dropped.

Still, great base for next season and, with quality signings, we won't need a play off

e

What was it anout Hoopers 9 goals in 13 playing with them that you didnt like?

What was it about the 4 goals (Hooper 4 Fessi 0) when together that you did like?

Did you hear Dawson talking about Nuhiu's threat after the match?

Edited by Holmowl

Personally I don't think he fits our style saw a lot of him in Scotland at Celtic he is a 18 yard box player nothing else if he is not scoring he can look extremely poor im afraid

He's not though really, he's a link man between the midfield and the man up top and then his runs past him make the chances.When we don't play a man up top he's lost

The team has been good enough against practically every single side we have played this season. That is the problem.

We haven't been better than the very best teams. It is evolution not revolution that is needed. I think most people will

agree that Hull were bigger, stronger and better than us in midfield, which is where most of the most forward action was for us.

We either have defensive midfielders, ( Hutchinson, Lopez possibly and Semedo previously) wide midfielders (Wallace, Matias and

Forestieri) or neat passing midfielders who chase very hard when not in possession (Lee and Bannan)

I think we need two very good all rounders in central Midfield with Forestieri on the left and Wallace on the right

Basically strong competition for Lee and Bannan which I don't think we have with the exception of Lopez who appears to be leaving.

Joao will be better next season alongside Hooper and the defence will be fine with a stronger midfield

And people will still moan that he puts 'no effort in'

You must recognise that he's a lazy player, right?

I get the argument that he'll score enough goals to make upfor it, but for top 2 we'll need both.

I'm NOT blaming hooper for the goal, but if he closes down 0.5 secs quicker, who knows? Its about small details, imo hooper attitude is all wrong.

Not sure he's being used effectively enough to play to his strengths, that's the bit that concerns me. Why sign him and then play him if you aren't going to play to his strengths?! Lost count of how many balls were pumped up in the air for Hooper to try and win against Dawson and Davies. When it did get played up to him on the floor he was probably trying too hard to make something happen as he'd been starved of decent service. We needed to get the Hull defence turned which was difficult in the first half especially as they just sat back deep with a bank of four and five. We seriously lacked quality wide men with pace on Saturday.

Edited by Babushka1867