Watched the game in full last night.

Hoopers performance, workrate, attitude, body language, little strops were embarrasing.

He's a fair weather player who plays for himself.

The history of football is littered by self-centered stroppy strikers, who hate it when they are not scoring, and are only happy when they are.

If you look at his website (yes his own website - there is a clue to his character flaws there) it is pretty clear he sees success in terms of goals scored.

But do you know what, I couldnt give two hoots. I want my striker to hate goalless games and barren runs. I want my striker to be arrogant when it goes well and angry when it doesnt.

I can only begin to imagine how frustrated he must be right now. We found a way to play which gave him the freedom of Hillsborough, then we threw it away.

Imagine how elated he must have felt after Cardiff. Back to playing alongside a partner after 9 games without a goal alongside Fessi. He scores two, hands the third to Joao for a one inch tap in, then finds himself back to square one for the play-offs. Not surprised he got stroppy.

Edited by Holmowl

Its a football forum.

Imo Westwood stood out for a good performance, hoopers attitude & workrate made him stand out for the opposite.

He's a complete individual, not a team player. Good enough when things are going good, but cant or wont roll his sleeve up. Wouldnt want him anywhere near my dressing room.

We need better and comitted players. Celtic is the perfect team for him; favourites every week. Not a hard slog in the championship.

Sorry, I can't recall ever reading a positive thread by you, hence my post.

Everyone except Westwood stood out as being under-par. It happens. Hull had a plan and executed it well.

I can barely recall us having the ball in Hull's final third after the first 30 mins, and that is where Hooper does his work - if that ball is rarely there, how do you expect him to do his job?

We seem to play better with Forestieri out wide, with Hooper having Nuhiu or Joao next to him. That's when we are the most effective and that is when Hooper is effective.

Not sure why Carlos isn't playing that set up, but he knows more than both of us out together.

Sorry to say but carvahal got it wrong Saturday...hopper needed a full time partner!! Joao or nuhiu. He was to isolated and Dawson n Davies are very good centre halves. Hard work for hooper...easy work for the two hull lads

This sums hooper for me.

Managers tactics maybe wrong for hooper

Partner not right for hooper

Service (midfield) not right for hooper

defenders to strong for hooper

So what, roll your sleeves & put the effort in. For hooper, its all about hooper. Lazy mardy bums arent what you need in our league.

Watched the game in full last night.

Hoopers performance, workrate, attitude, body language, little strops were embarrasing.

He's a fair weather player who plays for himself. When the going gets tough and need players to standup, Hooper is useless.

No surprise he did well at Celtic, but failed at Norwich. He's a good finisher, awful player & attitude. Personally hope he's not here next year.

Completely agree his work rate and ethic is poor and personally I think he is lazy which has shown throughout the season and I don't know if it just because it's because he's a dad now but if it continues into next year then I can see him being dropped tbh

his game is about scoring goals and his record stands up ....i dont know what is attitude is like as ive never met him but he seems

to try his best to me and its only 4 games ago he was outstanding giving one of the best forward displays ive seen in a long time .

This sums hooper for me.

Managers tactics maybe wrong for hooper

Partner not right for hooper

Service (midfield) not right for hooper

defenders to strong for hooper

So what, roll your sleeves & put the effort in. For hooper, its all about hooper. Lazy mardy bums arent what you need in our league.

I have worked with lazy, mardy, obnoxious, miserable, bigheaded, pigheaded arrisholes that you wouldcross the street to avoid outside work. But they were superb at their job, and worth their weight in gold.

Our best setup is Hooper up front with Joao/Aty, Fernando on the left, Bannan in the middle. Hooper is significantly better when Fernando is in the left, Fernando is miles better when he's on the left and Bannan is better in the middle.

We lost the game yesterday when the team was announced. Fernando is a winger and shouldn't be partnered up front with Hooper.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Like other have said, play him with a big powerful striker and he will bag 15-20.

My picks would be either Gestede or Chris Martin (never been a huge fan of his but he has proven himself as a target man and goalscorer in championship)

Our best setup is Hooper up front with Joao/Aty, Fernando on the left, Bannan in the middle. Hooper is significantly better when Fernando is in the left, Fernando is miles better when he's on the left and Bannan is better in the middle.

We lost the game yesterday when the team was announced. Fernando is a winger and shouldn't be partnered up front with Hooper.

So it's Carlos' fault we didn't go up then?

Give it a rest. That set up has served us well on plenty of occasions, especially against the top sides.

The players didn't turn up and a team packed with PL quality were too strong for us. That's why we lost.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

So it's Carlos' fault we didn't go up then?

Give it a rest. That set up has served us well on plenty of occasions, especially against the top sides.

The players didn't turn up and a team packed with PL quality were too strong for us. That's why we lost.

I'm not "blaming" Carlos, I just think he made a mistake or two which is very rare for him. I think he's fantastic and proud to have him as our manager.

Sorry, I can't recall ever reading a positive thread by you, hence my post.

Everyone except Westwood stood out as being under-par. It happens. Hull had a plan and executed it well.

I can barely recall us having the ball in Hull's final third after the first 30 mins, and that is where Hooper does his work - if that ball is rarely there, how do you expect him to do his job?

We seem to play better with Forestieri out wide, with Hooper having Nuhiu or Joao next to him. That's when we are the most effective and that is when Hooper is effective.

Not sure why Carlos isn't playing that set up, but he knows more than both of us out together.

Is it negative to have the opinion that to have a go at the top 2, hooper, nuhiu & joao aren,t good enough.

Or positive to suggest ff is and we need better?

I think suggesting change is positive. Think we need at least 1 centre half and new full backs - shoot me!