Watched the game in full last night.

Hoopers performance, workrate, attitude, body language, little strops were embarrasing.

He's a fair weather player who plays for himself. When the going gets tough and need players to standup, Hooper is useless.

No surprise he did well at Celtic, but failed at Norwich. He's a good finisher, awful player & attitude. Personally hope he's not here next year.

Think it's a bit harsh, he had us breakaway twice in the first half with some very good play. Second half he tried a number of one touch layoffs to try and create an opening but didn't come off for him.

Needs a partner definitely. FF is incredible but Hooper looks better with others alongside.

Hoopers spell here has been in 3 parts.

Crap

Very good

Crap

Agreed. So why?

Crap - getting fit

Very good - played with Joao or Nuhiu, 9 goals in 13

Crap - partnered Fessi.

It is so clear and so easy to fix that it is painful.

As others have stated, and I have stated, Carlos got it wrong. We needed Nuhiu or lucas up top from the start.

Plus I don't see many threads about Bannan shirking from every single tackle he needed to make and misplacing numerous passes during the game leading to undue pressure on the back four. But I wouldn't would I... him being our current golden boy.

Agreed. So why?

Crap - getting fit

Crap - partnered Fessi.

He's a box player, and we don't get it in the box enough. We need some pace to get round the back, and them we might see a different player. My issue with Hooper is his work rate.

Agreed. So why?

Crap - getting fit

Crap - partnered Fessi.

It really is that simple IMO.

Also take into account that Forestieri has far more influence during the game playing from the left, where he sees more of the ball, creates more chances, gets more assists and scores more goals.

It's a no brainer.

If we bring in another striker in the summer to play with Hooper and play FF, wide left, we'll see a far more effective Gary Hooper and Fernando Forestieri.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest Mancunian_Owl

That turn in the first half opened up Hull for the first time.

He had a tough job yesterday and got isolated when Ff went wide.

He worked hard couldn't fault him.

I'm not a fan of Hooper

I'd rather explore the possibility of replacing him with someone way more prolific for a real Premier League push

Way more prolific!

Played with a proper strike partner he scored 9 in 13 games.

That's Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Play him with a partner for all of next season and he will create records and be a Hillsborough legend.

Think about this....many on here dont rate Joao yet, and despise Nuhiu. So, if Hoops can score 9 in 13 playing with those two, what would he do alongside a Nugent or Wickham?

Agreed. So why?

Crap - getting fit

Crap - partnered Fessi.

Absolutely bang on..get it right and he has 20 goals a season in him.

Just hope CC addresses this - will be critical next term.

Way more prolific!

Played with a proper strike partner he scored 9 in 13 games.

That's Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Play him with a partner for all of next season and he will create records and be a Hillsborough legend.

Think about this....many on here dont rate Joao yet, and despise Nuhiu. So, if Hoops can score 9 in 13 playing with those two, what would he do alongside a Nugent or Wickham?

Yeah fair points

Owlstalk Shop

Some folk on here literally can not wait for Wednesday to lose so they can start singling players out and try to put them down.

The same people go f*cking quiet when results are going our way.

That is what is truly embarrassing.

Its a football forum.

Imo Westwood stood out for a good performance, hoopers attitude & workrate made him stand out for the opposite.

He's a complete individual, not a team player. Good enough when things are going good, but cant or wont roll his sleeve up. Wouldnt want him anywhere near my dressing room.

We need better and comitted players. Celtic is the perfect team for him; favourites every week. Not a hard slog in the championship.

It was apparent to me that our midfield was the 'issue' on Saturday - I agree with whats been said previously, that we played too deep, too defensive. There were a number of occasions where second balls dropped between the centre circle and hull box and there wasn't a Wednesday midfielders within 30 yards. we played two up top, neither of who had outright strength or pace so they were always going to struggle when isolated against four defenders. 

It was just a bad day at the office, Hull dominated for large parts so we were inevitably going to get camped in our own half at times.