Players who should be no where near first team next season

Some people are far too harsh on Hunt.

I thought he was solid on Saturday. Has definitely improved defensively.

There was a few times where players went to take him on down the wing and he emerged with the ball or bullied them out for a goal kick.

I would love to see him play behind a quick, out and out winger. I rate Wallace but even with JJ's limited ability I've seen him occupy both a full back and winger from the opposing side. That would free Hunt up so much to go on marauding runs.

Guest Fedor

Hunt was our best outfield player on Saturday. Much improved defensively.

As for the answer to OP.

Nuhiu, Nuhiu, Nuhiu, Nuhiu and last but by no means least Nuhiu.

Unless you think Joao really is going to come good, we need another forward, and this would be top priority. It's not daft to think he will come good, but I am sceptical.

Completely disagree re Lopez who has been one of our unambiguously premier league quality players - but I think this is wholly moot now.

Melo has been injured. It happens. He could yet be a star for us.

Don't disagree with the rest.

I have said we need another striker, but yes I also think joao will be better next year.

As much as the OP has bulldozed a thread like this very early in the summer when we are still hurting and proud of the players... it is a valid point. 

If we want to progress we have to be honest and admit that a few aren't good enough for the next level. I'm sure Carlos knows who he wants to get rid of though and we should be proud of what the squad achieved as a collective. I can't see too many going or coming, maybe 5-6 each way. 

Hunt plays the role demanded of him. That's why he doesn't play when we go defensive. Carlos deploys him as an auxiliary winger.

I despair at our fans sometimes.

Me too mate. I get the frustration and the disappointment but we need to remember we exceeded expectations this year. If that isn't improved on then that's the time to be frustrated. I've already said in another thread that this time last year all anyone wanted was to sign mcgugan! Look how far we've come beyond that. I have every confidence that plans were and are in place for next year. The division just needed to be confirmed.

I had a wonderful day Saturday. So proud to be a Wednesdayite. The amount of people that have come to me to talk about our fans (I don't live in Sheffield) is incredible. Made a real impression on people. But then I get sat in front of 3 people who after 5 mins started shouting "fu**in rubbish Wednesday" the main target of their abuse? Westwood! Doesn't come out to collect enough crosses apparently

Hunt plays the role demanded of him. That's why he doesn't play when we go defensive. Carlos deploys him as an auxiliary winger.

I despair at our fans sometimes.

Me too mate. I get the frustration and the disappointment but we need to remember we exceeded expectations this year. If that isn't improved on then that's the time to be frustrated. I've already said in another thread that this time last year all anyone wanted was to sign mcgugan! Look how far we've come beyond that. I have every confidence that plans were and are in place for next year. The division just needed to be confirmed.

I had a wonderful day Saturday. So proud to be a Wednesdayite. The amount of people that have come to me to talk about our fans (I don't live in Sheffield) is incredible. Made a real impression on people. But then I get sat in front of 3 people who after 5 mins started shouting "fu**in rubbish Wednesday" the main target of their abuse? Westwood! Doesn't come out to collect enough crosses apparently

i think we have 5 very very good players 6 if you play hutch at centre back ...as for the others most are decent and can do a job

but to progress we need to get the very very good players up around 8 or 9 .......

Pretty harsh title.

Loanees;

Turner

Bennett

Lopez

Sasso

Pudil

Mcgeady

Out of contract

Semedo

Price

Lavery

Potential movers

Palmer

Bus

Melo

Helan

Sougou

I'd look at trying to keep Pudil as long as a decent deal can be agreed and Palmer I don't think is a bad backup

Lopez would cost a mint to keep I think but the rest I would look to offload to free up as much space as possible

The likes of sougou, melo, bus should be moved on as soon as interest is shown

I'd look at trying to keep Pudil as long as a decent deal can be agreed and Palmer I don't think is a bad backup

Lopez would cost a mint to keep I think but the rest I would look to offload to free up as much space as possible

what makes you think lopez would be expensive , seems to me if sporting are happy for him to go on loan for a season they'd be happy

to get shot .

Sougou sadly not up to it.

Carlos has obviously made his call on Bus and no doubt is right.

But on Melo we just don't know.  Admittedly he came in a cluster of signings that were less exciting than they seemed at the time.   But based on the very limited evidence I'm hopeful.  Premature to get rid.

Guest wilyfox

Agree with OP regarding Helan and Nuhiu, but not Hunt and Palmer. I think Hunt is improving defensively, and Palmer is adequate cover and competition. We've averaged conceding just under a goal per game over the league season, and matched the club record for clean sheets in consecutive seasons. In light of that, criticism of our full-backs is harsh.

Agree with OP regarding Helan and Nuhiu, but not Hunt and Palmer. I think Hunt is improving defensively, and Palmer is adequate cover and competition. We've averaged conceding just under a goal per game over the league season, and matched the club record for clean sheets in consecutive seasons. In light of that, criticism of our full-backs is harsh.

I think being brutally pragmatic I've got to ask the question: What does Hunt offer? Defensively he's sometimes questionable, but everyone says the offset of that is that he's good going forward. The way we played this season, we essentially relied on our fullbacks to be late arriving wingers, with that in mind we'd expect to see a lot of goals coming from them. 

Hunt managed 1 assist all season. That isn't good enough, especially when you do a comparison

Pudil managed 2 goals and 4 assists

Odubajo managed 2 assists

Bidwell managed 2 goals and 5 assists

George Friend managed 1 goal and 6 assists

Bruno managed 1 goal and 2 assists

Cyrus Christie 1 goal and 3 assists

I know it's oversimplifying it a lot, but even looking outside of those somewhat shallow stats, he didn't really seem to create that many clear-cut chances in a game. Excellent at carrying the ball and allowing us to make progress, but I lost track the number of times he got tackled and the ball went out for a throw in or corner or he just overran it for a goal kick this season. It was very rare he put a telling ball into the box that resulted in chances. 

I'm probably being over-critical, and by all means shoot me down for it guys, but I just felt at times we had a RB who wasn't the most defensively consistent and was more full of blind running than someone with any end product. 

That said, he has shown sparks this season... he definitely played an absolute blinder against Hull, one of the few players that showed what they were capable of on Saturday!

EDIT: I should also add that if he were our first choice RB next season I wouldn't be too disappointed... for me it's definitely one of the areas on the pitch we need to worry least about... but I'd still look for a better option if it's possible

Edited by StudentOwl

Guest wilyfox

If Carlos wasn't satisfied with Hunt, he wouldn't have turned his loan permanent in January. When questioned about interest in Sarioglu, Carlos spoke of Hunt, Palmer, Vermijl, and sounded very content with his RB options. I wouldn't expect changes there.

All this getting mad at the OP stuff seems a bit childish.

Whenever anyone is negative it seems the witch hunt starts. Anyone being positive claims morale high ground and we can't discuss the OP.

If you want to explain where he's wrong like in the instance of Hunt then that's cool. But people have a right to an opinion - even if it tastes bitter to some.

All this getting mad at the OP stuff seems a bit childish.

Whenever anyone is negative it seems the witch hunt starts. Anyone being positive claims morale high ground and we can't discuss the OP.

If you want to explain where he's wrong like in the instance of Hunt then that's cool. But people have a right to an opinion - even if it tastes bitter to some.

The wording of the thread title is unecessary, but you're right, the usual OT thought police need to relax.