Players who should be no where near first team next season

Doesn't mean they have a right to stay. Sentiment has no place in modern football

Maybe not, but perhaps this thread could have been more tactful/respectful. ie Who would you bring in in which positions (I think we've already got several of those) inferring that some players would be moved on or not get into the first team. We've had players this season not even make the bench that would have been cast iron first team picks in any season over the last 15 years. No doubt the same will happen next season. Pretty sure there'll be new faces that will lift the standard even further. 

Edited by themaskedowl

Maybe not, but perhaps this thread could have been more tactful/respectful. ie Who would you bring in in which positions (I think we've already got several of those) inferring that some players would be moved on or not get into the first team. We've had players this season not even make the bench that would have been cast iron first team picks in any season over the last 15 years. No doubt the same will happen next season. Pretty sure there'll be new faces that will lift the standard even further.

Well said

Hunt plays the role demanded of him. That's why he doesn't play when we go defensive. Carlos deploys him as an auxiliary winger.

I despair at our fans sometimes.

Still, we need to improve if we are to challenge for automatic next season.

And RB is an area we can improve, as well as:

A winger to challenge / replace Wallace (with some pace)

A cb to replace / challenge Loovens.

A rb to replace / challenge Hunt

A striker to partner Hooper.

Still, we need to improve if we are to challenge for automatic next season.

And RB is an area we can improve, as well as:

A winger to challenge / replace Wallace (with some pace)

A cb to replace / challenge Loovens.

A rb to replace / challenge Hunt

A striker to partner Hooper.

So we basically need 9-11 new faces then!

Just not bothered...

Helan -pace and nothing else

Hunt - weak link in our defence

Palmer -same as hunt

Nuhiu -scoring record is pathetic

Anyone else ?

Terrible OP

Hunt would be an amazing second choice RB, yet you're saying he has no right to stay here. We only bought him in January ffs

Hunt is much underrated, in my opinion he offers much more than Pudil does on the other side, he has decent pace, he tracks back well and he is a worker. If anything he lacks a bit of physical strength but that can be labelled at 4 or 5 of our squad.

For me he was one of the plus points at Wembley.

Guest DontblametheRef

Always a place for fhe big man to come off the bench. Like

Heskey his impact should be measured defensively as well as with goals.

Unbelievable. He simply is not good enough. Granted he has served us as well as he could but MUST go. We're trying to get promoted to the premier league ffs and Nuhiu is our "off the bench" option? If thats the case then we won't do it. Don't agree with op that hunt should go, hes made a few errors but would be a good understudy for a quality signing. Imo we need 2 CM (assuming Lopez is history), FB, CB, Winger and CF. So 6 decent signings away from a genuine push. Get these signings right and we could well be on our way WAWAW

There will be movement of players this closed season that's pretty obvious if we are to improve. Hunt should not be one of them. He has improved steadily through the season, and as said above does not play the conventional full back role. The Carlos system is for full backs to push forward with central defenders going wider and Hutchinson/Lopez dropping deep when we attack.

This puts pressure on full backs who then look out of position when the opposites mount a fast break. Rotherham/Colin exploited this earlier this season but it was Pudil who does not have Hunt's pace who was exposed. I suspect left back will be the first position to be strengthened. Bennett likely to return, Helan out of contract, Pudil on loan and wrong side of thirty.

Make or break season for Joao, but have to agree about Nuhiu.

Also have to wonder about rumours connecting Tom Lees with W B A. Could be a surprise there with Hutch looking a better centre back than midfielder to me.