Apologies

Against Hull and Boro over 450 minutes and 5 games we created nothing

This is what annoyed me in the day. We just didn't have enough threat.

Now ok, maybe hull were great and they thwarted our threat... But we were poor from set pieces.

We just didn't have anything it seemed. I didn't feel like we were knocking on the door.

I said before the game all this great season stuff was worrying. We had to take promotion on Saturday.

I forgive you.

Some posters would rather I was banned for life or had to walk naked through the streets of Hillsborough having rotten vegetables chucked at me.

While Neil walks behind me ringing a bell repeating 'shame' over and over.

Guest _Ibbo_

I'm still laughing at the £25 McDonalds lol

Have a look at his posts in the 'Health and Fitness' Thread....

Tas just makes stuff up. Including the £25 McDonald's story.

What was positive about Saturday?

We pressed snooze, we officially pressed snooze on the giant.

You talk absolute poo ....and before you tell me folks are allowed their opinion ...that's mine

This is what annoyed me in the day. We just didn't have enough threat.

Now ok, maybe hull were great and they thwarted our threat... But we were poor from set pieces.

We just didn't have anything it seemed. I didn't feel like we were knocking on the door.

I said before the game all this great season stuff was worrying. We had to take promotion on Saturday.

I think you are doing a huge disservice to hull.

Bruce had them set up perfectly, and they all did their jobs. There wasn't an inch of space for us to exploit, Hull did their homework and a little bit of class and experience got them through.

The question was always which hull would turn up. Any of the other sides we've seen of hull this season, we probably win.

Why don't we man up and admit that, on the day, the better team won. Wed's support apart, it wasn't a great game, merely average for Championship. All the fuss and palaver about it being a £170MILLION game got to us more than it did Hull.

'We closed down your threat, played to your weakness, and even then it took a superb goal to beat you. Only wish we had your support instead of our miserable lot. '

Not my words, but the words of a Hull City Fan I walked to our car with, and an accurate summary, I thought. 

If we accept a few things that are glaringly obvious then we have a base to build from.

Hooper can score you 20 goals if he has a genuine strike partner.........go and get him one then

FF scores goals coming in from the left......play him there then

If FF is wide left the our wide right be that in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 must offer something different to our other wing. That means pace and an outlet when we're under pressure

Barry bannan is a central midfield play maker........play him central

Tough calls need making this summer on Lee and Wallace in my opinion

Lee stays, top scoring midfielder I think. I'd like to see a natural right midfielder who can deliver cracking crosses with out having to cut back.

Obviously need a quality partner for hooper.

A new centre back to partner lees.

A new right back that can cross and do the defensive duties.

Pudil signed permanant.

A big box to box player who can control games and dominate stronger opponents.

The expectation levels in the week leading up to the game were off the scale of ridiculousness

I thought we could definitely beat Hull but the way some were talking it was a formality - they have better players than us in virtually every position - not all, but most

I take issue with you thinking Hull pressed well - they didn't - at all

In fact they were wide open to be picked off - their lack of out-of-possession effort genuinely led me to believe they were sulking for some reason

Unfortunately we didn't have the guile to exploit the gaps they constantly left

I think on another day we would have but the huge occasion overwhelmed us

Spot on

After the season we have just had, amazes me how some folk dig out perceived negatives. We got our squad together pretty late with our key signings, meaning our season started back end of September. We came up a little bit short when it mattered, yet hull had a much better squad after dropping out of the premiership. Let's just get behind our team and enjoy the brilliant season we have had. No fairytale ending, but, we have nobody to fear in this league. Onwards and upwards next season.

This is awkward guys, I was just like apologising to a few people. I don't need to be forgiven, we just move on.

Owlstalk is all about emotion and comments made on the hoof which in the cold light of day we can regret.

I am the master of this and frequently post when i am not in control of my emotions when i would be better keeping quiet.

This has led to me getting a 2 day ban when the Paris shootings happened and more recently getting a right old slagging for my comments when i got home from Wembley following an ill advised outburst.

I think most seasoned posters understand what goes on and even after a strong exchange of views, metaphorically shake hands & move on.

Much better in my opinion to express a genuine emotional opinion, no matter how ill advised when you look at it in the cold light of day, than the cynical, S**t stirring type of trolling post beloved of some posters.

People will always have massively differing views about about certain issues and yet form an unlikely alliance relating to other topics. It is what makes not just Owlstalk, but life itself interesting.  Long may it continue.

WAWAW!!

Ps. Anyone who doesn't agree, can just F**k off!!!! 

:biggrin: