Apologies

Sorry for being OTT after the result, like many I was pretty annoyed... Obviously we had a large number of fans who'd just put a lot of time and effort into going to Wembley who didn't want to read such statements. 

I also didn't mean to do two threads saying the same stuff, I was pretty leathered. I went out and got a 25 quid macdonalds not long after. 

BUT 

I thought the team were poor, really poor. We had this amazing week leading up where we painted Hull as the underdogs and the message didn't hit the squad or manager it seems. 

Hull were out the blocks, the pressing was amazing and about 3 minutes in I knew we'd got everything wrong in the planning phase. Hull could have had 2 by HT and 2 more by the end. 

We were taking long aimless shots when we did attack and there was no cohesion from the players. 

Additionally our defense put in a performance worthy of L1, not the most lucrative game in football. 

The next inflammatory thing I said was we don't do anything next season – I don't think we will. There are going to be at least 6 better equipped teams in the league. We have 46 to 49 games to traverse. We had one game on Saturday, one! We didn't play the occasion and I'm STILL fuming that we played that way. 

Perhaps Hull are that good that we looked that bad, perhaps I'm wrong, but it's how I feel. 

As for comments that I was 'trolling', 'getting attention', 'that I'm not a kid and I'm 30' and shouldn't be posting such silly things... it's a football forum, we just lost a big game, scratch that, threw away a big game. I was annoyed.  

Also for the 'a mod should grow a pair and ban him forever' remark... I said we were rubbish after we didn't register a goal, created 2 or 3 chances at best in the biggest game we've ever had and other mods agreed with the sentiment as did other posters.  

So sorry for the double thread, the timing and the bitterness. But not sorry for the point I made. We were poor and it wasn't reflective of the 40K+ who went and showed what a premier league support we have. 

The expectation levels in the week leading up to the game were off the scale of ridiculousness

I thought we could definitely beat Hull but the way some were talking it was a formality - they have better players than us in virtually every position - not all, but most

I take issue with you thinking Hull pressed well - they didn't - at all

In fact they were wide open to be picked off - their lack of out-of-possession effort genuinely led me to believe they were sulking for some reason

Unfortunately we didn't have the guile to exploit the gaps they constantly left

I think on another day we would have but the huge occasion overwhelmed us

You are way off Tas.

We kept their 9m striker pretty quiet.

Barely remember Liversedge touching the ball.

Forestieri should have scored one of those two 2nd half chances.

We were beaten by a wonder strike, and a side full of quality who made almost no mistakes. No reason to start ripping the squad up, Hull were always going to be difficult to beat if they turned up. And unlike the fans, they did.

No shame at all for us yesterday. Probably a year too early if anything

It felt like Hull were keeping us passing in there final third and we couldn't play how we planned. It seemed like they sussed us really quickly.

There 3 attackers seemed to be able to get forward while keeping really tight and we seemed to be really spread. It's like they didn't want to play to the bigger field and it worked for them.

What really got me though is I just couldn't see us scoring, and when we conceded I thought we are going out here with a whimper.

It was really really frustrating, as I said, maybe Hull are that much better. They have a great team but I hoped we'd play the occasion a bit better.

What really wound me up to was the sheer opportunity of it, one game. I think it's safe to say 2 of the relegated sides will be in the autos next season. I just think the giant pressed snooze instead of waking up and it will now be a few seasons... getting to nearly 20 out the top flight.

It was such a big game and something was off with our approach.

I always said we were underdogs after seeing both the games this season..they battered us at kc without scoring..snodgrass, despite being a tail is a brilliant winger and they have premiership quality throughout the whole team..more important they have a strength and and premiership cynicism that we dont have..burnley had it and their whole performance was verging on nasty..our midfield was swamped yesterday..only way we could have won would have been a moment of sheer quality in extra time..but not to be.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

If anything it highlighted a gap in the squad for a goal getting plan b.

We brought on nuhiu, they brought on two more defenders.

Without Wallace we have no wide threat. And Forestieri up top with hooper doesn't work. Nor does hooper playing lone striker, especially against Dawson and Davies.

If we hadn't got past Brighton, or even just missed the play offs like cardiff, it'd have been a positive season. We've over achieved just getting to wembley

You are way off Tas.

We kept their 9m striker pretty quiet.

Barely remember Liversedge touching the ball.

Forestieri should have scored one of those two 2nd half chances.

We were beaten by a wonder strike, and a side full of quality who made almost no mistakes. No reason to start ripping the squad up, Hull were always going to be difficult to beat if they turned up. And unlike the fans, they did.

No shame at all for us yesterday. Probably a year too early if anything

Maybe you're right. At the time I was fuming but maybe Hull are that good.

I just didn't get why we weren't creating chances and testing their keeper more.

You will struggle to pick anyone off Scram when you have no out ball like we did

If we have learnt one thing out of yesterday it is that we desperately need to inject some quality and pace to open teams up.

We haven't beaten virtually any of he top teams over the season for that reason, we can give them a game but going that extra mile has proven beyond us.

This, we aren't good enough to go up yet and ripping up the whole squad isn't a good idea when we do. We need to take a sterdy team to the PL.

Guest Fedor

Dont apologise for voicing your opinion.

This site is dieing a slow death cos theres too many happy clapping sheep on it

There is a way to beat Wednesday if we play with FF and Hooper up top. Squeeze the pitch give us no time and room to pass cos for certain this team ain't got the pace to go over the top of you

Hopefully CC will address this next season and they won't play together... 2/3 good additions and if we address the shortcomings we showed on Saturday (they were pretty obvious) we should be ok next season.

Newcastle will for absolute certain. The other spot might be a little bit more open

No certainties at all. They have the money and the coach but this guarantees nothing. Just ask cardiff, Fulham, wolves, Ipswich, brum, Blackburn, forest and derby, who have all out spent the rest of the league yet still sit in the championship.

Why do you think two of the relegated sides will fill the auto's?

I don't think Villa, Norwich and Newcastle will go the way of Wolves and Cardiff and QPR.

I think those 3 are rich enough, bug enough and prepared enough to take at least the 2 top spots.

Newcastle and Norwich will probably romp it leaving PO spots. Unless we are going seriously big on transfers. With FFP and the aforementioned clubs wealth I don't think we can have much of say in the top 2.

Which is why that performance was such a cluster roger.

I like a lot of the posters who were annoyed. It was really poor timing and I dropped two almost identical threads.

I would like to see a sheep clap.

Maybe it could then turn round and give its abuser a round of applause.

Latte, blc, Big Mac, family box of chicken nuggets, filet o fish, fries, quarter pounder, cheesy bites. Some other stuff I think.

Stopped on way back for a battered sausage and also picked up a bottle of red wine.

Then apparently decided to watch in the heat of the night on Netflix with my man Sydney.

Guest Robster01

Hull were the better side, just look at the quality of their chances (1v1s with Westwood, Diame hitting post before his wondergoal)

We have to accept that Steve Bruce and almost all of the Hull players know more about what it takes to get promoted than most of our players do. Huddlestone and Livermore shut down every attempt by Lee or Bannan trying to link up to Hooper and Fessi and Saturday was just one big game too far for Wallace.

We have a lot to look forward to and once the dust settles we'll do a little more strengthening and be ready to compete next year in a championship where there are no clear favourites from the non-relegated teams in the division. Newcastle, Villa and Norwich will be strong but beatable, and automatic promotion should definitely be the aim.

Our players have now tasted how it feels to come so close and fail, and won't want that to ever happen again.

UTO