Your favourite match of this season

Birmingham away for me. Teaming it down and absolutely drenched by the time we got to the ground.

Lee injured before the match. Three further injuries in the first half and then a goal down. Playing on a quagmire. Literally everything seemed to go against us.

Then that comeback. Wow. Just wow.

And it was made even sweeter after that fan of their's decided to waste time by dancing around with the match ball and refusing to give it back when it was 1-0 to them. Only for us to go ahead and him look like a complete tail for his time wasting.

Honorable mention to Forest away and Cardiff at home. Two stunning performances.

Play offs go without saying, but Newcastle away was fantastic. Great atmosphere, 4.5k owls travelling up midweek, and turning them over. Wednesday just don't do cup upsets! Then we did another in the next round just for a laugh.

Forest away was also great, perfect away performance.

So many to choose from, but there is one that stands out, high above the rest for me:

Brentford at home.

This was the day we had the minute applause for our dearly departed brother from the East Midlands Owls, Daz Haigh.

We were joined by around fifteen or so of Daz's family and friends from Haverhill, and were all sat together near the front of the Kop.

Already being a goal infront, the back of the Kop started applauding ten or so seconds before 28th minute started. To see all four sides of the ground applauding our hero was truelly breathtaking, and when the Kop belted out "We're all Wednesday aren't we" I started to get rather emotional.

What happened after sent me over the edge. ONE SECOND after the 28th minute ended, Gary Hooper volleyed home a beautifully hit goal that was met with an absolute eruption of emotion from all the East Midlands Owls and Daz's friends and family. You simply can not have written it any more perfectly.

To turn and see Daz's wonderful smile beaming down on us on the flag not only after the goal, but after the final whistle on a fantastic four goal victory is a memory that will live with me forever.

It was simply the best memory I have of following Wednesday, ever.

Guest wilyfox

The Arsenal game was fantastic, but I'd say the Cardiff game was my favourite. The lads knew what needed to be done, and there was a quality and conviction in their play to ensure they did it.

1-Brighton Home. Greatest home atmosphere and feeling in 30 years I've been going.

2-Wembley. We didn't do it but the whole weekend was so special.

3-Birmingham away. Was absolute quality. That Hooper goal is my favourite of season.

4-Cardiff home. Special performance and we hit the result that meant everything.

5-Arsenal home. Yes it was a special night, but I'm surprised so many people have put this as 1 or 2. League cup and my memory was of a bit of a flat atmosphere second half, probably through shock more than anything else from most tbf.

What a season, roll on 10 weeks

Edited by goodytheowl