NORTH STAND

I can't remember the games, but we've been stopped more than just the once, but it has been a while since the last time.  When we beat West Ham in the cup a few years ago, the police introduced those silly stainless steel screens to separate supporters at the Leppings Lane end, I wonder if these screens were brought in so we could still exit at Leppings Lane.

They sent the West Ham fans under the south stand that game iirc. Resulting in fighting outside the south stand bridge.

I wonder if it depends on where you sit in the stand and which level concourse you are on? I sit 9 rows up and more or less on the half way line. We get to the seat from the ground floor and have never been stopped from exiting via Leppings Lane since 1961. But is the system sometimes different for those on the upper concourse or those whose seats are nearer to Penistone Rd?

I remember one game

Chesterfield at home in the cup when Weaver scored the winning penalty

All the North Stand had to exit via Penistone Road

I remember this because we left our seats and went to stand in the gap between the kop and the North where the crows nest is, to watch the penalty shoot out

There has been a couple more games when we've been forced to exit via Penistone Road, but I can't remember the opposition

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Maybe Andrew Robinson has missed a couple of games. They have definitely stopped us exiting on the Lep end before but only for a handful of games. If they are expecting a larger crowd or one that has a reputation they usually put up the pointless riot barriers which just mean we mix 10 meters further along.

Speaking of those riot barriers what a joke they are, I would understand if it actually formed a proper segregation line but all it does it cause a bottle neck so everybody knows exactly who is who and then the two sets of fans meet together.

i go on the south stand and at the end of the games (big games) they stop us exiting on to leppings lane i am renewing my season tkt this season and was wondering do syp do this on the north so you have to exit via penistone rd any help would be appreciated

Do you take your Tartan blanket to keep your legs warm ?  lol

Complete rubbish. I have had a season ticket in the North since it opened in 1961. I cannot ever remember being stopped from entering or exiting from the Leppings Lane end (and don't bother with dud jokes like I must be so old I cannot remember anything!).

same here - I dont recall ever having a North Stand exit onto Leppings Lane stopped.

Complete rubbish. I have had a season ticket in the North since it opened in 1961. I cannot ever remember being stopped from entering or exiting from the Leppings Lane end (and don't bother with dud jokes like I must be so old I cannot remember anything!).

Think you might be wrong there. Kid who sits next to me in the North, brought a flask with him to the home game v Leeds in January, had the flask taken off him, and when he said he'd leave it at the turnstile and pick it up after the game, was told that he wouldn't be able to because Wednesday fans had to leave the North via Penistone road after the game.

Think you might be wrong there. Kid who sits next to me in the North, brought a flask with him to the home game v Leeds in January, had the flask taken off him, and when he said he'd leave it at the turnstile and pick it up after the game, was told that he wouldn't be able to because Wednesday fans had to leave the North via Penistone road after the game.

was told the same but we just exited the Leppings Lane entrance as we do every home game without any problems