At The End.....

I can totally agree with the fact that the whole event seemed to be surreal - a word I used myself to describe yesterday. The atmosphere was amazing ! The Owls fans camaraderie was awesome, the chanting ( especially 'On our way' ), the loudest the new Wembley had experienced by all accounts, the 'bouncing' that shook its very foundations ! This combined to create an unforgettable experience. As for the game itself - it seemed to just passed me by. It was odd - it was more like 30 mins. long rather than 90 mins. I was waiting and waiting for the moment of magic, that I was so used to seeing this season from the lads, to spark us in to life, but it didn't happen, and I couldn't understand why. I'm still in shock today and my emotions are all over the place. Could I cope with another play-off final ? I'm not so sure.

Exact words I used - it was odd

That was probably the worst feeling I've felt. Not the defeat itself but watching the lads look absolutely broken.

Hopefully this experience, and our post-match reaction, can spur them on.

Let's hope they don't think that we will always support them even if they play rubbish ...

That's why we need to buy experience in the summer. If we're to do it next season, then it will almost certainly be via the playoffs again. The survivors from this season will have that experience now, and will be better next time, but we do need some wise heads and old hands in the team. It won't come cheap, but you buy your way out of this league. It's always going to be like that when you consider what's on offer for promotion.

Good point.Both Middleborough and Watford both lost play-off finals in the last 5 years and have gone up automatically the following season.

Cheers for posting the vid mate.

Just one point and nothing to do with the poster, but i was in 242 which is obviously the middle tier just left of the goal and that is the first time i have heard (and seen) those horrendous 'clackers' being used. 

I thought everyone had held them up & then binned them but apparently not. 

The disgusting tinny noise they make and the fact people don't bother to clap when they have these things do nothing to contribute to an already wonderful atmosphere. 

I even wondered whether The Star had doctored the sound on the vid to justify their decision to give them away, but you can clearly see people lazily tapping their shoulders with them instead of clapping.

Only a tiny point in the context of what was a momentous day, but please, please, please, let us not go down this route. In the longer term they are genuine atmosphere destroyer's and we certainly don't need them. 

Guest kippax

I could cope with the clappers yesterday, simply because it was a cauldron of noise throughout and it saved me blistering my hands from clapping sufficiently loudly to show my appreciation for what the coaching staff and players have done this season.  Every week?  No thanks, absolutely not.  We can save them for the big occasions.

I could cope with the clappers yesterday, simply because it was a cauldron of noise throughout and it saved me blistering my hands from clapping sufficiently loudly to show my appreciation for what the coaching staff and players have done this season.  Every week?  No thanks, absolutely not.  We can save them for the big occasions.

I get your point, but that should be it.

They ought to be confined to history or to prove the gulf in genuine support between clubs who don't need them (like us) & clubs that do.

Americanised S**t.