At The End.....

From my view in the bottom tier it looked like all of our fans were trying to wave the players over to us do that we could give them a good send off. Its disappointing that they didn't come over. We were even trying to do the whoooooo (waving your hands out in front that we do when we win away) to Nuhiu but they all stood there looking dejected.

I know they were hurting, but we were hurting too. Fair play to Bullen for coming over. I can understand why they didn't come over to us earlier, but it was a shame.

Carlos came over to the corner before they went back up the tunnel. Had about 6 scarves chucked at him and he took every single one.

It was a really touching moment. Carlos gives nothing away usually but he was clearly gutted and more or less in tears.

They looked dumbfounded or perhaps felt guilty and just stood looking at us all whilst we cheered almost as hard as the Hull "fans" that attended

I was sat above Mr Chansiri and his dad so hopefully his dad saw the untapped potential of our fan base and will come in some how and invest - his dad spent most of the match looking at our fans so maybe I'm right

Is he the one who actually owns TUF, ie is absolutely minted? Maybe he'll be inspired to chuck in some extra cash, maybe in the form of additional sponsorship.

I was sat above Mr Chansiri and his dad so hopefully his dad saw the untapped potential of our fan base and will come in some how and invest - his dad spent most of the match looking at our fans so maybe I'm right

What so there is a dad Chansiri who is even richer? :ohmy:

Yes, they spent a fortune. Wasn't it £20 million, or something like that? So basically you've got to be prepared to stand the fine on top of the expenditure on players.

Or sell the club onto the Thai family consortium

I have watched Wednesday for many years and yesterday was probably the most emotional I have ever been at any game. Partly due to sharing the whole Wembley experience with my son, although the fantastic chorus of "Wednesday till I die" at the end of the game was very special and something I will never forget. UTO

I wouldn't be so sure Newcastle will click like they did last time. Then they had a good nucleus of British players and a manager who knew the league. This time they don't and it could be a culture shock. They could easy become a QPR full of over paid players who don't fancy the battle.

This point also stands true in our recruitment. Get players who know and can handle the league

Been there done it, bought the Tshirt....F.ookin' Lineghan '93...

Honestly that was worse...

We expected nowt this season, even reaching top 6 was a dream...The team fought like f.ook to get us there...and they took it as far as they could...as far as their talent allowed..and that is in no way slagging them off...its a testament to the guts they have shown.

Heads up and look forward to next season

I was also there in 93 but this was a completely different feeling yesterday! I wasn't heartbroken at the result in fact I was quite at ease until I saw the reaction of the crowd to stay in the ground and sing, and then after the way the players reacted. It was a sense of disappointment but like someone else has said, pride. I can't really put my finger on it, it was just a unique experience for me. Maybe just me, I don't know.

lol

I wouldn't be so sure Newcastle will click like they did last time. Then they had a good nucleus of British players and a manager who knew the league. This time they don't and it could be a culture shock. They could easy become a QPR full of over paid players who don't fancy the battle.

This point also stands true in our recruitment. Get players who know and can handle the league

I think people are seriously underestimating how strong the Championship is if they think Newcastle are going to stroll it next season. It's probably a stronger league than Serie A. Do people think Newcastle would walk that league?

I was also there in 93 but this was a completely different feeling yesterday! I wasn't heartbroken at the result in fact I was quite at ease until I saw the reaction of the crowd to stay in the ground and sing, and then after the way the players reacted. It was a sense of disappointment but like someone else has said, pride. I can't really put my finger on it, it was just a unique experience for me. Maybe just me, I don't know.

lol

of course it wasn't just you mate. Been going 35 years meself and never experienced anything quite like that. The outpouring of emotion/love for OUR club and for the players who have given us such a great season (compared to what weve come to expect) was utterly visceral and for it to be shared by so many of us, in that environment was, I think unique. Doubt we'll see owt quite like it again

of course it wasn't just you mate. Been going 35 years meself and never experienced anything quite like that. The outpouring of emotion/love for OUR club and for the players who have given us such a great season (compared to what weve come to expect) was utterly visceral and for it to be shared by so many of us, in that environment was, I think unique. Doubt we'll see owt quite like it again

True mate, I've been thinking about it all day.

of course it wasn't just you mate. Been going 35 years meself and never experienced anything quite like that. The outpouring of emotion/love for OUR club and for the players who have given us such a great season (compared to what weve come to expect) was utterly visceral and for it to be shared by so many of us, in that environment was, I think unique. Doubt we'll see owt quite like it again

Was in corporate yesterday. Fantastic view, and the atmosphere was still superb. Didn't feel out of place singing etc, but what really disappointed me was after the final whistle. There were loads in and around this area more interested in watching Hull pick up the trophy rather than cheering our lads round. Couldn't look at that myself - I had absolutely no interest in seeing that.

Guest kippax

That was probably the worst feeling I've felt. Not the defeat itself but watching the lads look absolutely broken.

This. This exact sentiment.