At The End.....

Sorry I don't agree. We finished 6th with 74 points and usually that wouldn't make top 6. It has been a poor league with no outstanding team in it.

The three that have gone up are just the most solid with a touch of quality

As for Newcastle I suspect Rafa has already had chats with some of their internationals e.g. Give me one season and they have agreed. I also suspect that during his negotiations to stay he will have asked for guarantees that he only sells who he wants to sell

He is world renowned coach who people will want to play for.

They will destroy this league and I will be climbing into 12-1 for them to get 100 points or more. One automatic spot to me has already gone which leaves one more automatic and then the dreaded play offs again

Nonsense.

They stand no more or less chance than any other relegated team.

Guest zico sterland

Who would want Mitrovic ? He is a loose cannon. Your forgetting our reserves beat there first team . Toughest league in football championship no one will run away with it .

Who would want Mitrovic ? He is a loose cannon. Your forgetting our reserves beat there first team . Toughest league in football championship no one will run away with it .

He'll spend more time suspended than Hutch and Forestieri combined. In fact doesn't he begin next season with a 4 game ban?

Wouldn't be surprised if he moves back abroad in the summer.

Sorry I don't agree. We finished 6th with 74 points and usually that wouldn't make top 6. It has been a poor league with no outstanding team in it.

The three that have gone up are just the most solid with a touch of quality

As for Newcastle I suspect Rafa has already had chats with some of their internationals e.g. Give me one season and they have agreed. I also suspect that during his negotiations to stay he will have asked for guarantees that he only sells who he wants to sell

He is world renowned coach who people will want to play for.

They will destroy this league and I will be climbing into 12-1 for them to get 100 points or more. One automatic spot to me has already gone which leaves one more automatic and then the dreaded play offs again

74 points is usually enough for 6th place, Leicester got in play offs with 68 a few seasons ago.

I had a great day. The atmosphere was fantastic, performance disappointing.

I was a bit sad at the end, but didn't last long. Today I feel ultra proud of my club and already looking forward to next season.

I just hope the 20,000 extra fans can make the effort to stick with us and make the journey to sheffield next season.

Every faith in cc and mrc

They got 102 points last time with the likes of Danny Guthrie playing for them. If they keep the likes of Townsend, Shelvey and mitriovic and their heads are right they will be a total class above anything

Add to that they will be able to buy the cream of the crop who are prepared to drop to this level from the prem.

12-1 you heard it here first. Enormous price

Norwich are better than Newcastle.

Top six will be the three relegated sides and the same three of the top six, us Brighton and derby.

Can't see any of the other teams making much of a challenge on the top six

I was dejected, but not as devastated as I would have been years ago. Football is all about money, and once you accept that then it's easier to deal with. It isn't a level playing field, and it gets less level year by year. I always thought that we'd probably lose, unless Hull had a mare. What disappointed me is that we didn't play better, like we can do. We've drawn against them twice in the league, and technically there isn't such a gap as was in evidence yesterday. But it's about experience, and that's what you pay for. They've done four years in the PL, and they've been to Wembley three times so they're old hands. We were like startled rabbits in headlights by comparison. Too many of our key players froze, and that's what really upset me.

I saw it in the highlights yesterday it was Huddlestone's 8th appearance at Wembley. There will be a few others with similar as well

They just knew to much on the day

That's why we need to buy experience in the summer. If we're to do it next season, then it will almost certainly be via the playoffs again. The survivors from this season will have that experience now, and will be better next time, but we do need some wise heads and old hands in the team. It won't come cheap, but you buy your way out of this league. It's always going to be like that when you consider what's on offer for promotion.

I just fear a season of not getting this out of our system and ending up with a mid table nothing season

why would you think that could happen ......we have a very good owner, a good manager, 6 very very good championship players and a

decent squad with power to add .......we'll be in contention next season

Sitting in the Hull end with my brother-in -law celebrating like mad was the final kick in the nuts for me. However this will be the thing that cements Carlos as a legend as he tweeks the team to bring us what we all deserve . Hull just had more experience at this level I expect that from us next year UTO onward and upward.

Be careful though cos if we end up under an embargo that's one if not two seasons written off. Ask forest and Cardiff fans

We need to invest but wisely we can't just put the clubs future at stake

True, but I'm really unsure about FFP. Some clubs seem to get around it, others don't. Am I right in thinking that Chansiri sponsored us to try to get around it? Maybe that's a loophole. And how did Boro do it? There gate receipts must have been smaller than ours, because the prices are cheaper, and they don't do big merchandising like say Leeds.

So 'Boro must have just completely chanced it. Gone for broke. Put everything on number 10, so to speak. Their expenditure must have far exceeded their income. They don't have a big fan base for merchandising, and they don't charge big entry fees. We're at saturation point with ticket prices, so how we increase the amount we can legally spend I'm not sure.

Call it progress instead

2011 - 15th in League 1

2012 - 2nd in League 1

2013 - 18th in Champ

2014 - 16th in Champ

2015 - 13th in Champ

2016 - 6th in Champ

Year on year progress for the past 5 years, we are now play off contenders and with a few good signings this summer we could be real promotion contenders. UTO

That really is a tremendous stat isn't it? Our 'room for improvement' is getting smaller though lol

That really is a tremendous stat isn't it? Our 'room for improvement' is getting smaller though lol

Just the smallest improvement possible would do next season.

I would really fancy us in play offs next season if we didn't make top two.

From my view in the bottom tier it looked like all of our fans were trying to wave the players over to us do that we could give them a good send off. Its disappointing that they didn't come over. We were even trying to do the whoooooo (waving your hands out in front that we do when we win away) to Nuhiu but they all stood there looking dejected.

I know they were hurting, but we were hurting too. Fair play to Bullen for coming over. I can understand why they didn't come over to us earlier, but it was a shame.

I've never been against FFP, but I think it's going to be untenable as the parachute payments increase. There are a lot of big clubs in this division who don't have it, and they rightly feel that they should have a chance to compete at the highest level. As things stand the PL will be a closed shop, with teams like Bournemouth in and the likes of ourselves and Leeds out.