At The End.....

I appreciate this may have been mentioned but I'm too tired to look through all the threads and I feel like I need to get it off my chest.

After the game when the staff and players were clearly dejected and were sat just looking at the fans in awe while we were still singing,

I've never felt as emotional in a football ground, I'm not ashamed to admit I nearly shed a tear. It was a surreal, special few minutes for me and I will never forget that as long as I live. I just hope we can keep the bulk of the squad together and add some more quality, as there seems to be a real bond between staff-players-fans that needs to stay.

Been there done it, bought the Tshirt....F.ookin' Lineghan '93...

Honestly that was worse...

We expected nowt this season, even reaching top 6 was a dream...The team fought like f.ook to get us there...and they took it as far as they could...as far as their talent allowed..and that is in no way slagging them off...its a testament to the guts they have shown.

Heads up and look forward to next season

I appreciate this may have been mentioned but I'm too tired to look through all the threads and I feel like I need to get it off my chest.

After the game when the staff and players were clearly dejected and were sat just looking at the fans in awe while we were still singing,

I've never felt as emotional in a football ground, I'm not ashamed to admit I nearly shed a tear. It was a surreal, special few minutes for me and I will never forget that as long as I live. I just hope we can keep the bulk of the squad together and add some more quality, as there seems to be a real bond between staff-players-fans that needs to stay.

It felt like it was just me and the players/staff.

I know there was 35k+ with me. It just seemed personal. Emotional.

Gutted we didn't do it but the pain was far worse when we lost to Arsenal in 93.

Felt worse at other times too, losing our Championship place on final day of season against Crystal Palace was a terrible time and when we got relegated from premier league in 1990 against Forest and them lot across town winning promotion on same day was absolutely horrible.

Thank god they weren't such a thing as social media back then.

It's hard to compare this to 1993. That was a cup this was promotion but this feels far worse.

A seasons work undone in 90 minutes

Call it progress instead

2011 - 15th in League 1

2012 - 2nd in League 1

2013 - 18th in Champ

2014 - 16th in Champ

2015 - 13th in Champ

2016 - 6th in Champ

Year on year progress for the past 5 years, we are now play off contenders and with a few good signings this summer we could be real promotion contenders. UTO

Been there done it, bought the Tshirt....F.ookin' Lineghan '93...

Honestly that was worse...

We expected nowt this season, even reaching top 6 was a dream...The team fought like f.ook to get us there...and they took it as far as they could...as far as their talent allowed..and that is in no way slagging them off...its a testament to the guts they have shown.

Heads up and look forward to next season

Had that T Shirt for as long as i can remember including 1966, so apart from 1991 am getting used to it, doesn't make it any easier though!!

What passed me off is how many were gone bang on full time. I've often stated support for anyone who leaves early; you pay you monly, do what you want. But half of the top tier was gone within 2 minutes of full time. Surely the lads deserved a little more attention, just this once.

Careful mate. I opened my big gob in an over emotional rant last night and got the s**t kicked out of me about this. :biggrin:  

Thankfully the "leave early brigade" weren't really in evidence yesterday.... but believe it not, in block 238 five people infront of me left with 10 mins to go.............. that I REALLY couldn't get my head around.

Boro took advantage of a very mediocre league this season. I dont think we will have that luxury

To me and I could be wrong one of the automatic spots has already gone. Newcastle will destroy this league

The top 6 in this years championship have been anything but mediocre and has probably been the strongest it has ever been. As for newcastle, i know the're gunna be favourites to go up but as i have stated that if you put their team against hulls team you would probably say that hull have the better players and they didnt storm the league. We should fear no one next season and with our fantastic support, a few good signings and a little bit of luck , we could find ourselves in the chase for promotion

It felt like it was just me and the players/staff.

I know there was 35k+ with me. It just seemed personal. Emotional.

I know exactly what you mean. It was really weird, surreal. I think it was a mixture of shock and defeat, but most of all togetherness.

I've got a massive lump in my throat just thinking about it!