Brighton Fans

Keyboard warriors are not a proper sample of a clubs fanbase. There are probably stats out there that prove it.

Take the weekend - I can't think of a Hull fan (and I met plenty) who was obnoxious before, during or even after the game. It seems odd that the ones that came are being slagged as plastic because of the ones who didn't! Bonkers. Potato Head couldn't have been more complimentary and even Mike Phelan said on Talksh£te this morning that although they were playing well they feared the crowd factor cos the Barmy Army was so Massive.

This Brighton thing has been overdone. If we had missed promotion by the margin Brighton did we would be peeved and not be enamoured of any play off opponent that wrecked our dream. They have averaged good crowds since they went to the Amex and that includes last year when they were poo.

I also think we should go easy on the big club/ little club Willy waving. Next year the Barcodes will be in this division and there will be a whole new metric when it comes to measuring support and "big club" status. If, like me, you remember them getting smaller crowds than us back in the day when we were both crap you might be frustrated but times change and so have supporter habits. Would they be as faithful if they had 16 years out of the top flight? Who knows - but they will be averaging over 40k next year. If we average over 25 I will be pleasantly surprised.

Excellent post. We have loads of potential - after two decades in the doldrums we're finally showing it. Yes we've attracted new fans of course but there were also thousands of fans who gave up on withdean other than bigger games cos of the utter dire facilities and expensive cost.

Sixth season at the Amex next year and still averaging over 25k (yes we're doing well again now but 2014-15 was a shambles) - pretty good going I'd say.

We outclassed them over the 2 legs and it hurts.

I've no problem with that, most of their fans will know last season was probably the best chance they'll ever get to get into the Premier League and they blew it, first against Middlesborough and then us.

Now they are faced with the dawning realisation of having to watch the likes of us kick on while they don't, I'm sure there'd be plenty of our fans reacting the same if the boot were on the other foot.

Brighton. lol

Serious question, what makes you think we will kick on and they won't?

Brighton have a very wealthy owner who has consistently backed them over the last few years and promised to continue backing them.

Keyboard warriors are not a proper sample of a clubs fanbase. There are probably stats out there that prove it.

Take the weekend - I can't think of a Hull fan (and I met plenty) who was obnoxious before, during or even after the game. It seems odd that the ones that came are being slagged as plastic because of the ones who didn't! Bonkers. Potato Head couldn't have been more complimentary and even Mike Phelan said on Talksh£te this morning that although they were playing well they feared the crowd factor cos the Barmy Army was so Massive.

This Brighton thing has been overdone. If we had missed promotion by the margin Brighton did we would be peeved and not be enamoured of any play off opponent that wrecked our dream. They have averaged good crowds since they went to the Amex and that includes last year when they were poo.

I also think we should go easy on the big club/ little club Willy waving. Next year the Barcodes will be in this division and there will be a whole new metric when it comes to measuring support and "big club" status. If, like me, you remember them getting smaller crowds than us back in the day when we were both crap you might be frustrated but times change and so have supporter habits. Would they be as faithful if they had 16 years out of the top flight? Who knows - but they will be averaging over 40k next year. If we average over 25 I will be pleasantly surprised.

I like you.

Hi guys. I'm back. Posted on here trying hard to be friendly after you whacked us in the playoff semi last week. I'm not wading through all of this thread. I've got stuff to do. However, I thought I'd chip in with my tuppence worth.

Yes, we are bitter. Sorry. It's just the way of things. If you'd been out of the top division for 33 years, had made the playoffs three out of the last four years yet hadn't even had so much as an way day at Wembley and then got dumped out on your arse by a team that finished 15 points behind you, you wouldn't be thrilled. We're carrying a fair bit of pain around. Some wear it better than others.

I saw the remark on here that Brighton are bottlers. In those last four years we've played six playoff matches. How many have we won? None. Nada. Zip. Diddly. Even when we were running all through you in the first half of the second leg we still found a way to not even win the match, let alone the tie. Sadly I have to concur that there is a little bit of the bottle about us at the moment.

Finally, your supporters did you proud at Wembley. Filled out your end a treat and made a cracking din. That was why I would have been happy to see you promoted. You've a fiercely loyal support that turned up in big numbers even when you were in the third tier. That's no mean feat and it deserves reward/recognition. Please don't diss our numbers too much though. The Gillingham/Withdean years really were a trial. Most clubs numbers would have take... er... a bit of a downturn.

So that's my bit. See you next year. In the nicest possible way I hope we find a way to beat you. Your use become one of our top bogeys.

Best of luck to you all.

Serious question, what makes you think we will kick on and they won't?

Brighton have a very wealthy owner who has consistently backed them over the last few years and promised to continue backing them.

Well if he backed them the season before this he didn't do a great job of it considering they only just avoided relegation.

His wealth is dwarfed by Dejphon Chansiri's and TUF.

I'm genuinely curious. 'bags more potential'

How do you quantify that?

I'm not suggesting that we have 'bags more potential'. At this time I see us as two pretty much similar clubs. Sure you can get more

people off of their sofas for the 'big' games than we can and you have a great history, that is a given.

Please don't try to tell me you can compare with the potential at Hillsborough.

I've been to 2 playoff finals and combined around 82,000,000 Wednesday fans joined me. The potential is there for all to see, that's how Milan Mandaric sold us to Dejphon Chansiri who's turned us into serious candidates for promotion to the Premier League.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see the potential at Hillsborough, that's why all the TV pundits bang on about it so much inspite of our 16yr absence from the top flight.

I'm yet to hear Brighton spoken about in the same light.

You have a dab of selective deafness then. Sky pundits have been banging on about our ground and academy and saying we are "Premier League ready" or a "Premier League club in all but name" almost every time we are are on the TV. Brighton's "potential" is regularly addressed.

This isn't a meant as a dig. My previous posts have referenced your potential more than once. To be honest, I'm tired of hearing about our potential. It means nothing if it's not fulfilled.

Guest seagull_overhead

Please don't try to tell me you can compare with the potential at Hillsborough.

I've been to 2 playoff finals and combined around 82,000,000 Wednesday fans joined me. The potential is there for all to see, that's how Milan Mandaric sold us to Dejphon Chansiri who's turned us into serious candidates for promotion to the Premier League.

Anyone with half a brain cell can see the potential at Hillsborough, that's why all the TV pundits bang on about it so much inspite of our 16yr absence from the top flight.

Mistakenly I assumed you were talking about your team.

82 million in two games is pretty impressive  :laugh:  I appreciate that was a typo btw!  

But I have already given way on your supporter base in my previous post.

You were making stuff up mate.

The plastic flags and your following up here were very tinpot.

Why do we have to accuse all other fans of being tinpot? Have you forgotten we only got 16k at home to Bournemouth in the Championship in 2014/15 (before the ticket prices went up)?

Why do we have to accuse all other fans of being tinpot? Have you forgotten we only got 16k at home to Bournemouth in the Championship in 2014/15 (before the ticket prices went up)?

Mention tinpot and as by magic.

I've been slightly confused about this apparent tiff for the past few weeks tbh. Do the majority of us Wednesdayites really feel there's anything fundamentally not to like about B&HA as a club? Sure, there's a palpable sense of freshness – easy to misread as 'newness' – that pervades the stadium, the seemingly quite family-friendly fanbase, and so on. But they're hardly fresh off the conveyor belt, credit-carded into existence ten years ago by a passing businessman with some plastic fantasy of inventing a club out of thin air.

If there is any real tension between us and them, my guess is that it's because they actually play a more similar game to us than almost any other team in the league. It used to be pretty much just Wednesday at this level that scooped all the plaudits for trying to get the ball down and play it attractively, even when it didn't work out that well. Now it's often just us and Brighton.

That's a big part of why I LOVED Wednesday beating them well over two legs – but I can see that they were unlucky in some regards, and I certainly don't begrudge them a good moan about it. God knows we'd do the same in the reverse position. Meh.

I've been slightly confused about this apparent tiff for the past few weeks tbh. Do the majority of us Wednesdayites really feel there's anything fundamentally not to like about B&HA as a club? Sure, there's a palpable sense of freshness – easy to misread as 'newness' – that pervades the stadium, the seemingly quite family-friendly fanbase, and so on. But they're hardly fresh off the conveyor belt, credit-carded into existence ten years ago by a passing businessman with some plastic fantasy of inventing a club out of thin air.

I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Maybe why week in week out they have such a poxy atmosphere down there

I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Maybe why week in week out they have such a poxy atmosphere down there

Everyone cheating to keep them down? They are the southern pigs, their long lost brosons

Haha. Pot kettle black mate. We averaged 26k this season so not many plastics shipped in. You averaged 20k this year (really not great for such a massive club) and suddenly sold out the semi. Who shipped in plastics?

Do you actually believe that your claimed attendances are accurate?