Brighton Fans

They are compleaty over the moon after yesterday's result,it's there best result of the season.They are so confident for next season it's unreal.

A bit like the pigs then, they were more nervous about the game than we were

I'm very surprised, though. I really had no idea that Brighton bear such animosity towards us, and I can't understand why. Like I said to them, you should be lambasting your own players for missing those chances. I suppose they're just looking for a scapegoat.[/quote

To be fair, we really, really don't have any animosity towards you. I don't know anyone who has anything negative to say about Wednesday. Surely the way your fans were treated down at the Amex the other week also shows that.

A fan message board doesn't make a fan base. If you'd lost in similar circumstances I'm sure this board wouldn't be too disimilar - just look at the animosity towards hull now and their fan base.

For what it's worth, your fans were class on Saturday. Huge league next year and everyone I know is being pretty realistic about our chances. Will be extremely tough to replicate this season.

An absolute nothing club. A total irrelevance for their entire history and deep down they know it.

Perhaps comments like this (which seem pretty commonplace on here, like with hull now) is why *some* fans on nsc seem to dislike Wednesday.

We outclassed them over the 2 legs and it hurts.

I've no problem with that, most of their fans will know last season was probably the best chance they'll ever get to get into the Premier League and they blew it, first against Middlesborough and then us.

Now they are faced with the dawning realisation of having to watch the likes of us kick on while they don't, I'm sure there'd be plenty of our fans reacting the same if the boot were on the other foot.

Brighton. lol

No need to rise to the bait chucked by a few trolls on another message board. Lots of Brighton fans have been complimentary and several remarked on the atmosphere at Hillsboro, wanting their own to do similar.

If there's a Brighton fan reading this. You had a brilliant season. Good luck next but hope we do better.

Couldn't care less what jealous throwers think.

Pigs, Leeds fans, Brighton fans and anyone else who has something bad to say about us only make comments about us because they suffer with an inferiority complex.

The media and a high number of neutrals have all made comments about how fantastic our fans have been and that to me makes me even more proud.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

They've averaged a lot more in each of the last 4 seasons than we've managed this century (including in the Premier League).

Football didn't start 4 years ago and before that they were nowhere to be seen at that Athletics track they used to play at.

Guest seagull_overhead

Every club has it's short sighted village idiots. Some are on this thread and some are on Twitter ( from both clubs ) and some are on NSC. (Brighton forum)

The more level headed fans in the Championship know that we were desperately unlucky to lose out on promotion to the Premier League via goal difference of 2!! to 'Boro.

Over the two legged semi final you were the team that scored more than us and rightfully took your place at Wembley.

Both of our teams 'over achieved' this season. Personally I would have been happy with top 10 before the season started, after our flirtation with the near bottom of the Championship last season.

But now, both our teams must kick on, recruit cleverly (it's not all about the money).

I hope that this time next season, both Wednesday and ourselves will be Premier League teams!

ps... Knockeart is NOT for sale  :laugh:

Knockaert wished us good luck, maybe we should still send an offer to him seeing as we're more likely to go up next season? :P

ps... Knockeart is NOT for sale  :laugh:

Problem with football these days is that everything is for sale if you have enough money.

Perhaps comments like this (which seem pretty commonplace on here, like with hull now) is why *some* fans on nsc seem to dislike Wednesday.

Which in turn stems from what outwardly appear to be the biggest bunch of moaners that I have come across. I know its not all Brighton fans who bleat on about the 'unfair play-offs', bad luck with injuries (none incidentally caused by bad tackles at Hillsborough), bad refereeing decisions (well if the ref in the second leg was doing his best to get you back in the game and keep 11 of your players on the pitch), but it appears to be a sizeable number. Their actions have done your club no favours in the football world.

I couldn't give a shiney poo what you or any Brighton fan thinks about me or Wednesday. You've had a good season this year where you were unlucky and lost out right at the end. Your home attendances have been excellent for the last few years, your new stadium is very smart, and you have a strong 2nd division team at the moment, but you've never been anything in English football and that is a fact. 4 years in the top flight and a bare trophy cupboard is all you've managed in 115 years of history. I couldn't care less if that offends it's completely true.

Football didn't start 4 years ago and before that they were nowhere to be seen at that Athletics track they used to play at.

I wonder what attendances you'd get if you spent 2 years playing 50 miles away and then over 10 at a godawful makeshift stadium completely open to the elements?

Before our decline in the 90s we averaged very respectable crowds and we're now showing our potential. 6th season at the amex and there'll be 25k season ticket holders next season. Like it or not, we're clearly a club moving forward - football changes. Some of the comments on our history make me laugh. You've done nothing of note - or what some of you believe to be of note - for quite a long time too now. And Hillsborough for your average home game has looked half empty for about a decade.

I couldn't give a shiney poo what you or any Brighton fan thinks about me or Wednesday. You've had a good season this year where you were unlucky and lost out right at the end. Your home attendances have been excellent for the last few years, your new stadium is very smart, and you have a strong 2nd division team at the moment, but you've never been anything in English football and that is a fact. 4 years in the top flight and a bare trophy cupboard is all you've managed in 115 years of history. I couldn't care less if that offends it's completely true.

It doesn't matter though? Football changes!! Yes you have a right to be proud of your history but I'm also very proud of our long history, albeit mostly outside of the top tier.

The club I used to play for at a lower semi pro/top amateur level also has a long and interesting history, but at the lower semi pro end of the pyramid. Does their history not count either cos it's not in the top tier??