In the cold light of day

Sadly that's what he turned out to be - although he was the chairman who gave us our only trophy since Hitler came to power and the best football from a Wednesday side I've ever seen. When I met him in the early 90s I genuinely felt he was a fan as well as a Chairman. Shame how it ended up.

Yep.  That's all fair.

In about 2003 found myself sitting diagonally opposite him on a train to London.  Was very tempted to spill coffee over his papers.  Contented myself with a Paddington-esque hard stare.

On the train back, going to keep on drinking over the long and glorious weekend and try my best to not relive the almost unbearable pain of seeing that you had... sold more tickets.Seeing my little upstart club win against such giants of English football at Wembley and win so comprehensively might just be a day I'll never forget. Commiserations. Tinpot but loaded.

Suppose we should be glad you lot didn't decide to have a pitch invasion and square up to our players and manager. Tin pot doesn't even begin to describe that.

Envy? Nope. Disgrace? For not selling more football tickets? Only from attention seeking sensationalists. How on earth would such bedwetters put a meaningful disgrace in context. Tin potters do have issues but a new owner (rich Americans rumoured) and hundreds of millions should help sort things out. The glory of winning at Wembley against a once but fading giant of the English game is a good place to start. Enjoy next season, sure you're in with a great chance of getting promoted like we did yesterday for the third time in 8 years. Hold on to your ticket stubs to remind you of how close you once came.

Wouldn't hold me breath mate. Americans are all about image and the dollar. Having sold just over half of your allocation wont fill them with a lot of hope of making a return on their investment.