In the cold light of day

Hull are indeed a tinpot club, always were, but they're a tinpot club with a cartload of money, and that's football as it is today. When I was growing up you'd see Brucie trudging off the field at full time after being given a roasting by Hirst. You wouldn't have kennelled a dog at Boothferry park, and if anyone had told me then that the likes of Hull would beat us in a Wembley final I'd have laughed at them. But our board made an horrendous mess of everything, and it took the taxman to finally get them out after a disastrous decade. In the end if Chansiri wants promotion he'll have to pay for it.

Guest ForzaOwls

My three lads took it so well that it helped me deal with it too.

Queueing with 2 hull fans who complained that they found it difficult to get tickets and thats why they had so few fans !!!! I had to laugh! I laughed even more when she said "and im not being funny but we have been here before!"...such a BIG club that they are complacent about getting to wembley.....my reply? "Well you better save up cos you will be doing it again in 2 years time!"....

And now for the cold light of day and what might have been....the pain of being a wednesdayite strikes again.

UTO WTID

The players looked dumbfounded at the cheering and support at the final whistle. I thought it was a touching moment and they are rare in football.

I really hope we can build on this, but I think it will take a couple of serious moves of intent to shake this hangover from the club and get everyone fired up for next season. Failed play off finals can have a sapping effect on a team and fans. The playoffs were a novelty for us this time but imagine having to go through that lottery again, it would feel different.

Guest T3lex

Actually I'd say the opposite...

While it still hurts like hell I've had chance to think about things now and we might actually be better for an extra season to strengthen (we don't want to be like Derby when they last went up). What's for sure is that this club is moving in the right direction and it's only the start of a wonderful ride.

Disappointing, that on the filed, we didn't play the football we can. As everyone else has said it highlighted how much further we need to go. That doesn't have to be a bad thing.  

Off the field , out amazing support won many friends, We will be held in high regard, and people will welcome us back to the premier, league, when it does happen.

Down yes, but I know we are on our way back, and I am positive our futures bright.

Sad yes but nothing will every hurt like Arsenal 93. Bring next season Opener Villa away please. 

Disappointed - YES

Gutted - NO

DC and CC know what they need for next season and if we get it early we will be a force. We came so close and be honest, nobody expected it at the start of the season. We have a fantastic manager who has had a season to learn about the Championship and will be better prepared next season. We nearly did it though, roll on next season. UTO

I wish I felt upset. But I don't. I would have if I felt something was taken from our grasp. If we'd have been close. If I was looking back thinking 'if only that happened'

But we didn't even get close yesterday. No threat at all.

So I just feel empty. Short changed. No idea what our plan was to win the game.

Overall, in time, I'll look at yesterday with fond memories of the best away day ever.

Right now though I'm sulking.

It's weird. I'd be in a better mood if I was upset.

It hit me when i woke up this morning, just had a quick flick through the game on SKY... it hit me when there were shots of Westwood on his back, Hunt crying, Lees & Wallace with tears, looking completely despondent... i was gutted for them. Completey gutted.

Up the Owls!!

Not looked at any of this yet. Possibly why I'm managing to remain positive. Perhaps best I don't bother looking?!

The players looked dumbfounded at the cheering and support at the final whistle. I thought it was a touching moment and they are rare in football.

Was probably more upset seeing the lads upset. So defeated.

Heart breaking seeing the likes of Tom Lees absolutely broken.

Guest The Horse

I was quite philosophical yesterday but I have to admit I'm feeling angry this morning.
For the reasons said by Bluesteel - the parachute payments just screw the rest of the championship over.
Obvs, we wouldn't complain if it was us but sod it, I'm going to be bitter and it's galling that we never saw any parachute money.
How a tinpot club like Hull can yo-yo and dance about in the Premier whilst us, Leeds and Forest play down here with what is effectively a handicap makes my blood boil.
I also think Carlos got it wrong yesterday. Worrying too much about them instead of playing to our strengths.
I'll calm down when I see some new and inspiring transfers but in the cold light of day I'm a mushroom cloud laying mutha-fukka today.

Still buzzing off 90 minutes of fantastic performance by the fans. Was a pleasure to be part of that.

Yes the loss was saddening but if you had offered me Wembley at the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off.

How many of us expected another relegation battle or at best mid table mediocrity at the start of the season?

Look at the players we have brought in and that was after being cast adrift for so long. now we have a solid base of a squad to build on and we are even more attractive now for new players to come to.

Been one hell of a season and is just a stepping stone, we went past our expectations and we showed the world and especially hull what a true set of fans are

Disappointed but hey, we're a year infront of ourselves. Beaten by a better side on the day. Could have been 3-0 and we didn't really cause them any serious problems. First year in charge for Mr C and Carlos - I don't think they did a bad job.

I think that we overachieved and that raised expectations too highly, both amongst the fans and players. Last season we were a mid-table side, which probably would have finished lower had we not played a belt-and-braces style. We signed 15 new players, some of them after the season had begun, and we had a new manager who didn't even know this country, let alone this league. We were competing against teams with PL money, or against established good Championship sides who'd spent lavishly. When you consider that lot, we've done very well and promotion would have been a fairy story.

Absolutely gutted. But proud of what we've achieved this season. Sounds soppy but I'm proud of the way the team and club has handled itself through the playoffs and in defeat.

Yesterday Loovens went into the dressing room to congratulate their lot. And at Brighton t'other week, all our players made sure they consoled a gutted Brighton team.

They didn't turn up yesterday on the pitch. Hulls experience came through and they were worthy winners. With their missed chances I thought it was going to be our day, but a brilliant goal won it - Diame sh*te all season and picks the top corner out.

Fans were brilliant, pretty much drowned out their lot when they lifted the trophy. On the trains and around the ground you wouldn't have known who'd just won promotion. We were in an underground station, mixture of Wednesday and 'ull. Very subdued at atmosphere, and all of sudden the Wednesday fans erupted into fine voice when the PA system announced "mind the gap".

Even though we lost Ihad a brilliant day spent with good friends and world class supporters. London didn't what hit 'em.

But what a season it has been, and what a platform we have to build on. .

Was probably more upset seeing the lads upset. So defeated.

Heart breaking seeing the likes of Tom Lees absolutely broken.

Saw a few of them in the Corporate areas and the hotel reception after. They were obviously not jubilant. Told Fessi to keep his chin up lol (saw Garrido give him a massive man hug!) Looked to be a few goodbyes going on (Sasso). Gave Carlos a little round of applause as he came in that he acknowledged. I think some were getting straight off whilst others were heading for a party at the Hilton (heard one of the staff asking hotel staff to get Alex Turner's brother into the party without a wristband!)

Bully was in good spirits, telling fans we need to make sure we don't have to mess about with the play offs next season.

Carlos is a good psychologist-he'll have picked them up, don't worry about that.