In the cold light of day

Numb last night. Though I did drink lots of painkiller fluid.

Slightly bitter and twisted this morning. Trying to stay positive but lets be honest we all know we had a great oportunity but didnt make the most of it.

No guarantee we would have won, but should have done much better.

Disappointed yesterday but fine today having had chance to reflect

We should be positive. It's been a great season, taking it to the final game.

We're starting from a great foundation this year. We're 4 quality players away from being in and around automatic. Excited to see what the summer brings.

Deep down I thought we would be up against it in this final, but when they kept missing I thought it may be our year after all.

The hope arrived, then they scored lol

I didn't feel too down about the game because I think it was evident that we were not good enough, I think we could have played better but over three games against Hull I've felt they have been able to hold us as arms length in each game.

What hurts me more is the football system now, we weren't ready yesterday but at the same time it felt crucial that we took the chance to get our hands on game changing cash, or risk being left behind a bit (with the rest of the championship). It's sad that it comes to that.

I also think that football would be nothing without fans. It wound me up more than anything that Hull fans only got into their day on the last 15 minutes after a goal. It doesn't seem right that these yo yo clubs keep being given an advantage for proving they are not good enough for the premier league. No one in there wants to play Hull again when there is Wednesday, Leeds, Forest. Villa, Newcastle in the second tier. I'm not suggesting the big clubs should have a right to it, but parachute cash is completely skewing things and yesterday's play off final had that under a micro scope.

In utter despair, still upset.

Foookin' gutted.

Gonna go for a walk.

Sun is out, need to shake myself.

Very proud of the progress this season, the players and being part of the best fans in the country on show again for everyone to see.

Go again next season.

Disappointed yesterday but fine today having had chance to reflect

We should be positive. It's been a great season, taking it to the final game.

We're starting from a great foundation this year. We're 4 quality players away from being in and around automatic. Excited to see what the summer brings.

This is how I'm trying to look at it, it was a bit chaotic at the start of the season and got off to a slow start trying to bed players in and get the team to gel. This season we should hopefully do our business early and hit the ground running.

I'm just disappointed we never really turned up.

And the fact that there was an awful phantom farter on our coach.

Really sorry about that. Black sheep bitter and kebab. If it's any consolation my underpants, jeans and socks are a write off.

Deep down I thought we would be up against it in this final, but when they kept missing I thought it may be our year after all.

The hope arrived, then they scored lol

I didn't feel too down about the game because I think it was evident that we were not good enough, I think we could have played better but over three games against Hull I've felt they have been able to hold us as arms length in each game.

What hurts me more is the football system now, we weren't ready yesterday but at the same time it felt crucial that we took the chance to get our hands on game changing cash, or risk being left behind a bit (with the rest of the championship). It's sad that it comes to that.

I also think that football would be nothing without fans. It wound me up more than anything that Hull fans only got into their day on the last 15 minutes after a goal. It doesn't seem right that these yo yo clubs keep being given an advantage for proving they are not good enough for the premier league. No one in there wants to play Hull again when there is Wednesday, Leeds, Forest. Villa, Newcastle in the second tier. I'm not suggesting the big clubs should have a right to it, but parachute cash is completely skewing things and yesterday's play off final had that under a micro scope.

Good post sums it up for me.

There was no doubt that we were second favourite yesterday and sadly came out second.

We needed some luck and we did not get it

I can't describe how I feel this morning. I think I feel worse than I did last night. Seeing all the reports of how wonderful the fans were but how ruthless Hull were doesn't even help. It's the first time since '93 (and I was only 7 then) that we've lost a single game with real meaning. The relegations came over 46 games and were sadly expected. This just feels like a total kick in the balls.

This must be how it feels to be a Blunt!

Just not bothered...

This is how I'm trying to look at it, it was a bit chaotic at the start of the season and got off to a slow start trying to bed players in and get the team to gel. This season we should hopefully do our business early and hit the ground running.

This.

Keep the vast majority of this side, add a tiny improvement here and there, start well, never out of the top four or five all season.

Really need a settled side from the outset this year. I trust DC and CC to deliver that.

I'm down today. Yesterday I was a bit numb I think, but today it's sunk in and I'm gonna have to work at being positive a bit. My lad was gutted but he didn't cry which I was surprised about, think I'll have to support him a bit today. He's still asleep and I'm currently in his room waiting for him to wake up. He'll get a hug from me as the first thing he does today. We've shared pain over our club, we'll heal each other.

During the game I was really annoyed about the empty seats. I'm still annoyed about it now and on top of that their fans after have annoyed me. Moping about mainly, no joy at all. Their team deserved it, most of their fan base didn't.

Trying not to reflect on what might have been and concentrating on the positives of this season.

If the play offs didn't exist we'd have been out of contention weeks and weeks ago, but we'd be reflecting on the huge steps forward we've made in 12 months.

Everyone knew to turn us into automatic promotion contenders was a long job. Everything is on course. Forget all the flapping about who's coming down- let them worry about the momentum clubs like us and Brighton are sensibly building.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

As disappointing as it was to lose. We came as massive underdogs and had a massive ducking party. Possibly the best atmosphere we have ever had at a game.

Cannot fault a single player for their effort yesterday, the game was won by a wonder strike, Hull turned up and made it really difficult for us. balance of play on the day says they deserved the win.

Am I angry, bitter, upset? No we've had a cracking season and I'm excited to see this team starting next year without the two months it took for us to gel together this year.

Proud is the only emotion I feel right now.

I thought with time to reflect and gather some perspective that I'd feel fine today

I dont.

I feel gutted.

We had a great season and I'm so thankful for the impact of chansiri and Carlos. But I am a bit heartbroken that we didn't get out fairytale ending

Edited by Kate

It hit me when i woke up this morning, just had a quick flick through the game on SKY... it hit me when there were shots of Westwood on his back, Hunt crying, Lees & Wallace with tears, looking completely despondent... i was gutted for them. Completey gutted.

That was hard, because these players don't need to be despondent, they should be proud of the season they've had... the reaction from the Wednesdayites who stayed stayed behind spoke volumes for the team... we did that for the team because they deserved it. 

That team has given us hope, they've given us some great moments this year and they've most definitely stirred the giant. 

Sheffield Wednesday became stronger yesterday, the togetherness between club, players and fan is as strong has it's ever been. The players will know that and they'll come back next season and be an even better team.

We are definitely on our way back.

Up the Owls!!

I feel...okay at the moment

Gutted of course, and while I still had hope before yesterday, I still kept telling myself that Hull were favourites, we're more likely to be in the Championship, etc.

It's been a long crazy year, but I'm looking forward now to relaxing a bit, enjoying the Euros and Olympics, and starting all over again in August. UTO