Plea to Mr Chansiri

I don't think our chairman could have made it any more clear that his strategy involves regarding some form of 'up front' commitment from fans in return for discounts on prices.

Whether this being, season tickets, memberships or whatever.

It is pointless arguing that one off prices for POTG should be cheaper.

The break even point for membership is arguably 6 games and to be honest and i don't think he is interested in pandering to 'fans' who won't commit to even that minimal level of support. From an economic point of view it would not make any sense to do so.

It has also been proved beyond measure that the benefits to membership (even to people who live away and can maybe only make a few matches) are way beyond purely the economics of buying membership but equally as important for the benefits regarding priority in buying big game tickets.

If people haven't learnt this lesson after the scrambling for tickets for Wembley & the preceding games then they have learn't nothing. 

Having said that, i think it is very unlikely we will repeat the PR disaster that was Bristol which set the tone for the season regarding the ticket price argument, even though it was hardly repeated.

I dread to think how much I spent this weekend.

Fuel, parking, hotel, food, pints at 5 quid each, ticket... it adds up big time. Probably over 200 notes.

But living in Stoke with rare free Saturdays, it makes zero sense for me to buy a season ticket - but will be at Hillsborough a few times for sure.

Cheapskate. Spent double that without really trying.

Well if it irks you I guess fans should re-prioritise their entire lives. Some people put football second. That's ok.

That's fine. But then they can't demand changes to the loving structure to suit them.

But I do hope we can freeze ticket prices as much as we can for this stage. That would have a knock on effect on potg prices though. You can't have those working out less than a season ticket.

I don't think our chairman could have made it any more clear that his strategy involves regarding some form of 'up front' commitment from fans in return for discounts on prices.

Whether this being, season tickets, memberships or whatever.

It is pointless arguing that one off prices for POTG should be cheaper.

The break even point for membership is arguably 6 games and to be honest and i don't think he is interested in pandering to 'fans' who won't commit to even that minimal level of support. From an economic point of view it would not make any sense to do so.

It has also been proved beyond measure that the benefits to membership (even to people who live away and can maybe only make a few matches) are way beyond purely the economics of buying membership but equally as important for the benefits regarding priority in buying big game tickets.

If people haven't learnt this lesson after the scrambling for tickets for Wembley & the preceding games then they have learn't nothing.

Having said that, i think it is very unlikely we will repeat the PR disaster that was Bristol which set the tone for the season regarding the ticket price argument, even though it was hardly repeated.

Spot on. Ticket prices for arsenal, then pay offs and even Cardiff game we're all good or reasonable. But people bang on about £50 tickets all the time.

If people don't have the money upfront for q season ticket then that's perfectly understandable of course. I would urge people to get membership in that case. But fans do need to show some commitment in whatever way if they expect Chansiri to. And he's proved as good (in fact better!) than his word all season.

The good times are back. We need as many people on board as possible.

Guest Breakfast Beers

Surely if you only attend 10 games membership would be the better option.

Yeah it probably would, but I'm saying if the ST prices were decent I would (on the back of this buzz) make a greater commitment and buy one, then come to twenty matches.

Not even sure how membership works...Do you also get away ticket priority with membership?...

Not even sure how membership works...Do you also get away ticket priority with membership?...

I think you used to for some games. I wasn't a member this season but seem to remember something similar from previous years.

Absolute it is. But don't then whinge about prices and spend £500 on a weekend away.

I am a season ticket holder because for me I deem it value but I just 'don't get' how people like you 'don't get it'.

For most people that whinge about price it's not about affordability it's about value.

There is absolutely no value in buying a season ticket if you can only go to half the matches because of work, family or other commitments.

For instance a season ticket makes no sense to lads who play cricket because they know they'll miss half a dozen matches in August, September, April and May. That's fine by me, people have lives outside of Wednesday.

They then don't deem £36-£46 good value to go to some of the matches.

They deem £300 on a trip to Wembley good value.

Every year, I spend a fortune on a family holiday abroad and I deem that to be good value. Therefore I could afford a fortune for a family holiday at Butlins but I wouldn't pay that because I wouldn't deem it to be value. I might pay 20% of the price though because that would be value.

I don't get how some Wednesday fans don't get this.

In order for Wednesday to have a high average we need to increase season ticket sales firstly but also make POTG affordable.

Keeping season ticket prices the same as the last phase if you buy before June 30th would be a marketing master stroke and a huge success.

If we can see it, hopefully Chansiri can too.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

The Early Bird Prices were:-

Kop £395

North/ Grandstand £480

South £550

Per match this works out at:-

Kop £17.17

North £20.87

South £23.91

Have these until the end of June and I hinestly think we'll have over 20,000 season ticket holders.

A 10% increase for the next phase.

Then average matchday prices off at:-

Kop £30

North £33

South £36

Membership £50 with a £10 discount

All of that equals us having our highest average for 20 years. If we're challenging at the top we might get close to a 30,000 average which I never thought I'd see without PL football.

Promised my lad season ticket for next season on the strength of our trip to Wembley.

We won't get to every game due to our location but as the OP says if they get the pricing right it's a great opportunity to get us lost fans back on a more regular basis

The club and the fans need to work together to build on the momentum of this season.

We've seen the lift to the team that can be brought from a packed house and also that the broader support is still out there. That sort of turn out needs to be the norm rather than the exception.

Looking at the number of people who tried to get playoff semi final or final tickets, if we can encourage those who otherwise haven't been to Hillsborough recently or only go to a game or two a season to just go to a few extra games next season, then across the board we should be able to get attendances up to an average in the very late 20k's and hopefully 30k+.

It's unrealistic to expect a large proportion of that section of the fan base to just immediately become season ticket holders - there are a number of genuine reasons why some fans can't commit to going week in week out and we shouldn't be splitting the fans criticising each other about it - we're all are still fans and need to stick together and just encourage people to get down to Hillsborough more regularly, particularly to ensure we maintain for the future the amazing, massive fan base we saw turn Wembley into a sea of blue and white on Saturday and which was a credit to us and widely praised in the press.

For myself, a season ticket is no good as I live in Australia but I make it back for a few regular games each season and also managed to get back for both the semi final and final this time around. As I'm not able to go often, I'm just happy to pay whatever the price may be, but there are many who can't / won't if it is too high.

For the club's part, they need to make POTG prices more accessible to bring in the broader fan base more regularly. The shock of this season's top pricing brackets (although not actually applied to that many games) and not giving the best advertising to pricing for the cheaper games had an impact on attendances in a very successful season.

The club could challenge the fans to buy into this as well - e.g. they set POTG ticket prices at a decent discount (but obvs above the per game cost for a season ticket holder) for the first quarter / half of the season as a test run and commit to maintaining those discounted prices going forward for as long as the average attendance across that period and going forward is at least X thousand. This should achieve the same net economic return on ticket receipts as a smaller turn out paying higher prices and have more people in the ground to spend on food, drink and merchandise. If we then still don't achieve the necessary attendances, then we as a fan base can have no complaints about the club charging high POTG prices.

Kop £395

North/ Grandstand £480

South £550

Kop £17.17

North £20.87

South £23.91

Have these until the end of June and I hinestly think we'll have over 20,000 season ticket holders.

Kop £30

North £33

South £36

All of that equals us having our highest average for 20 years. If we're challenging at the top we might get close to a 30,000 average which I never thought I'd see without PL football.

That was last year's prices, already had tickets at £465 on Kop I think.

Mine was just over £1200 for 3 seasons on Kop.

My youngest is at Uni and may only get to maybe 10 games. 

I got him a season ticket because that still equates to amazing value at Student prices and guarantees tickets for mega demand games.

I can understand the financial restraints on some people regarding season tickets (i've been there), but i cannot understand people holding out against getting a membership, especially in our current situation where the chance of super high demand games is quite likely coupled with the fact that the number of games needed to 'break even' is relatively low. 

I booked 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn at Wembley for myself & 2 sons, 3 months before the event. That probably saved me £80.00 or so against booking it the week before (if rooms were still available).

I booked with Ryanair to fly to Palma as soon as the Summer schedules came out back in Sept /Oct or whenever it was. This will probably save me a couple of hundred pounds against booking a month before.

The examples would be too numerous to mention, but all across the commercial world, companies are looking for prior commitment to enable them to budget, plan ahead and schedule accordingly and offer discounts to attract this early commitment.

Why would a football club, if managed properly be any different?

When the ticket price debate was at its height halfway through the season, i made the point that "When demand outstrips supply, the price issue would become irrelevant".

I got some replies saying, "Are you serious, when will demand ever outstrip supply at Hillsborough"?

It didn't take long for that to become the case, so if people haven't learn't from recent experience that the answer to both the cost issue and the supply issue is to make SOME commitment, then it seems to me they will never take it on board and will pay the price both literally and also respect of getting tickets for the big show stopper type games. 

I had a season ticket for 6 years but haven't had one for a few seasons purely because of the distance (and I became disillusioned prior to Chansiri taking over). However, I have still forked out a small fortune going to 15 home matches this season! It would have been more had it been cheaper.

It's not that I'm put off with the whole £50 ticket fiasco, it's that the whole strategy is wrong. I don't like the way the attractive fixtures are so expensive whilst the lesser fixtures are moderately priced. I felt a little exploited last season to be honest, and I don't think it's just me!

I understand that the club will always use a tier strategy for pricing games depending on their attractiveness. However, the price gap between attractive and unattractive games shouldn't be so wide.

Kop £395

North/ Grandstand £480

South £550

Kop £17.17

North £20.87

South £23.91

Kop £30

North £33

South £36

As pointed out I was wrong, they are last seasons prices.

Kop £455 (£19.78 per match)

North £555 (£24.13 per match)

South £645 (£28.04 per match)

That convinces me even more that he should stick with those prices until the end of June.

POTG

Have two simples categories:

£25 Kop/£30 North & G-stand/£35 South

Plus £5 on above prices for Cat A.

Do three or four offers for when the likes of Brighton or QPR bring their van-full on a Tuesday night or the odd Saturday when appropriate.

Under 16s £10 & U11s £5 all season with a membership.

Sort the West for upper only to away fans. Do what others do and don't give the opposites any advantage. Can't be hard to have the entry/exit from/to the lower North concourse.

Let's get the old lady rocking.

Edited by 33