Plea to Mr Chansiri

I dread to think how much I spent this weekend.

Fuel, parking, hotel, food, pints at 5 quid each, ticket... it adds up big time. Probably over 200 notes.

But living in Stoke with rare free Saturdays, it makes zero sense for me to buy a season ticket - but will be at Hillsborough a few times for sure.

The platform is there. I believe DC and his team have a choice on the back of a month of the best marketing the club could wish for. The scenes at the Cardiff game, the Brighton game and then Wembey have ignited the club and engaged a wider section of our fanbase than we've been able to reach for 20+ years.

The club now attempts to squeeze as much out of the 18-20,000 die hard fans that will go to 90% of the games next season regardless, or the club takes a punt with a more reasonable POTD pricing policy and potentially drag in 25k every other week if the team start to do the business on the pitch again next season.

IMO I believe a big push on the membership is now the key, and (at the risk of upsetting Big D again- sorry mate!) we should do this by doubling the discount per game to £10, but with a membership fee of £50.

Making the discount £10 would make virtually all categories a reasonable price for top end Championship football.

The increase to £50 is justified by the additional discount and added perceived value of membership because of the frenzy for Wembley tickets.

A larger initial outlay encourages a bigger buy in across the season as people will feel they need to maximise their investment in membership by attending more regularly.

The matchday pricing should centre around season ticket prices- in other words if you join the membership and attend every game the cost should be the same as a season ticket- the only difference being the additional £50 outlay for membership. I think this would be more than fair.

Think that would be a great way to go about it. Hopefully the club have something similar in mind, but why not drop a line to them suggesting it anyway? You never know they may not even have considered it.

Maybe even consider increasing the discount in the club shop as a sweetener.

Edited by Utah Owl

The only plea I have is that DC never insists on calling us the Sheffield owls, never replaces our announcer with someone who asks for separate cheers from each stand in the stadium and that goal music is never ever introduced

I know that. But it irks me at times like this when it comes to talking about prices. People will find the money for a one off game and day/weekend out. Then ***** and moan about paying for 23 games in one go. If you can't afford then I feel for you, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't go. But I get the feeling some just use it as an excuse when they've used all their other excuses.

For some it's about value, not whether it's affordable. Anyway, a debate for later perhaps, or maybe it's been done to death!

Think that would be a great way to go about it. Hopefully the club have something similar in mind, but why not drop a line to them suggesting it anyway? You never know they may not even have considered it.

Maybe even consider increasing the discount in the club shop as a sweetener.

I'm convinced it's the right way to go Leon. There's so much 'low hanging fruit' out there now for DC to collect- people are looking for a way to be part of what's going on, but at the same time want to feel as though they're getting value and not being taken advantage of.

£50 for membership is a commitment to the club that you'll more than likely attend 6+ games.

£10 discount is a reward for that commitment.

The club still have control of pricing with the categories, particularly re away fans.

Guest Merry dolphin

If chansiri spends, I'm willing to spend. Charge the going rate for tickets, simplify the catagories, publish them in advance for the whole season and put this to bed. Too many threads, too much tittle tattle and it's causing a distraction. We don't want the club subsidising tickets when its investment in the team that is the priority. If DC is going to plough millions into the club, we should either pay the going rate or pick the games we can afford. Done.

I'm convinced it's the right way to go Leon. There's so much 'low hanging fruit' out there now for DC to collect- people are looking for a way to be part of what's going on, but at the same time want to feel as though they're getting value and not being taken advantage of.

£50 for membership is a commitment to the club that you'll more than likely attend 6+ games.

£10 discount is a reward for that commitment.

The club still have control of pricing with the categories, particularly re away fans.

I really would write to the club with the suggestion Richard whilst it may have been considered it's equally possible something s simple (and brilliant) as this has been overlooked.

If Derby can average nearly 30k, then there is no reason why we can't either especially now the fans appetite has been whetted.

If chansiri spends, I'm willing to spend. Charge the going rate for tickets, simplify the catagories, publish them in advance for the whole season and put this to bed. Too many threads, too much tittle tattle and it's causing a distraction. We don't want the club subsidising tickets when its investment in the team that is the priority. If DC is going to plough millions into the club, we should either pay the going rate or pick the games we can afford. Done.

30k paying an average (across the whole ground) of 25 each, or

22k paying an average of 30 each?

The support for the team at Wembley demonstrated the support that Wednesday can command. The fans did you proud, the club proud and the city of Sheffield proud. No-one can have failed to have been impressed. It was truly remarkable.

Please consider this when pricing up the Season Tickets for the next stage. Prices usually rise, I think it would be great to keep them at the same price as the last stage. There are many supporters whose appetites have been whetted by our football this season, both old and new, and who turned out yesterday. Let's get Hillsborough rocking again for next season.

Ps  I already have my ST paid for so this plea is not made in self-interest. 

I'm buying (I haven't had one for 3 seasons and actually stopped going) on the back of yesterday.

Guest Breakfast Beers

I'm considering a ST.

I live in Cumbria, haven't had one since I live in Sheffield nearly 20 years ago.

It's an 8 hour round trip, so I do it 10ish times on a good season (like this year)...if the season ticket prices were decent I would be tempted to get one despite the travel.

I think Wednesday seem to have more than the average amount of fans that travel from outside Sheffield (like myself), Mr Chansiri would be awesome if he could reach out to us too in the shape of reasonable ST prices.

There will be a lot more people on our data base now I think that is one of the reasons it was 1 ticket per ID .

Now the club have to turn those people into reguler attendees . 

Be interesting to see what the come up with . 

I'm considering a ST.

I live in Cumbria, haven't had one since I live in Sheffield nearly 20 years ago.

It's an 8 hour round trip, so I do it 10ish times on a good season (like this year)...if the season ticket prices were decent I would be tempted to get one despite the travel.

I think Wednesday seem to have more than the average amount of fans that travel from outside Sheffield (like myself), Mr Chansiri would be awesome if he could reach out to us too in the shape of reasonable ST prices.

Surely if you only attend 10 games membership would be the better option.