The band

They were positioned 5 or 6 seats from me my son/daughter and their partners block 135 row 44 and very loud being that close, however they started most songs and I noticed as they started playing the singing was picked up down both sides/terraces so its fair to say they definitely brought all the singing/noise together on many occasions. Well done band. UTO.

were your children (let me see if i can remember how it was put last week) crying because their ears were hurting???

Winds me up watching our highlights and all you can hear is the drum echoing around the ground. The point is, they could easily tone it down a bit. Yesterday the band werent overpowering and even the people who come on here slagging off the band agree that it was better and the band did a good job.

This is all that many have been asking for and I really dont understand why they cant accommodate each other .

that's 'cos how many turned out...

if we turn out as we could, then they complement the atmosphere...

if the ground is half empty, then they dominate it...

it's not the bands fault the grounds half empty...

Guest IG1OWL

The band should just do one,it's the only thing I'm embarrassed about being a Wednesday fan.Absolute scum!

I was stood near the band and I can tell you that they pretty much followed what the fans were already doing. In other words, the fans started and the band simply followed on. They didn't keep the chanting going in any way, shape or form.

I'll go as far as saying they ruined the atmosphere for me personally, as all I could hear was them. If I wanted to listen to a brass band, I would go to Brighouse! At Wembley, I wanted to be able to hear our amazing support. I appreciate that my seat being so close to theirs was the issue, but nonetheless, it ruined part of my experience.

Guest Copthorneowl

were your children (let me see if i can remember how it was put last week) crying because their ears were hurting???

Guest Copthorneowl

No, they weren't crying because of the band, my son is 36, daughter 31 but at full time like me they were crying tears of sadness

Got the entire Wednesday support singing as a whole. The beginning of the second half was special!

They were excellent today.

Got to agree with the "The beginning of the second half was special!" bit.

10 minutes non-stop of "we're on our way" was amazing.

Not 100% sure the band were as significant as some think though but they probably did help.

Block 130 

And as you will see from the number of other people posting that they did not hear them at all i think your argument that they " kept things going" falls down somewhat 

I dislike the band intensely but am not petty enough to say i didn't hear them once if i had, i genuinely thought they must have not been allowed to bring their instruments in as i fully accept that they are Wednesdayites and would have been there 

Did you read what I said...ie 'kept things in order'....not 'kept things going'. Big difference, drum got us started, got us together, thats a big fkn barn, it could have sounded like Captain Beefheart otherwise. Momentum kept it going, drum was the start line.

My pov with the band is - I dislike them at Hillsborough, they remind me of bad times and I personally would like things to move on. I don't mind if other people do like them tho, I'm sure a lot of young ones who are the future do, it's live and let live, it won't stop me from going or p1ssing people off on here. I didn't used to like Sammy taking a leak in the middle of the Kop, but it was all part and parcel.

Drummer did a sterling job yesterday, it may not be needed week in, week out, but yesterday..top job Mr Drummer. UTO.

I'm not a fan of the band normally wither, but kept thinking at the start of the second half yesterday that the drum was a godsend. The only way to deal with Wembley is to all sing one thing at once and you need something like that to coordinate it.

I'm definitely gonna be slagging them off next season, though.

Guest Hirstpower

Don't really like the band, as a little poxy, however yesterday they certainly helped the fans sing in unison, unlike At the millennium stadium, as we had pockets of fans singing different songs.

Let's tell them they can only turn up next time we are at Wembley.

We're supposed to be WAWAW and yet, even on a day like Saturday, some fans sat around the band consistently verbally abused them and in particular targeted the old man (90 year old) who had come out of retirement for the day to provide this support.

I don't care what anyone's view of the band is, this is absolutely disgusting and uncalled for behaviour against one of our own. It has to stop.