The band

The band start many chants and help keep them going.

The atmosphere wouldn't have been near what it was without them.

Their dreadful row wasn't in evidence where I was stood yesterday. Our supporters were phenomenal, and I remember thinking how nice it was not to hear that tuneless row the "band" make. Having said that, whether the band had an influence or not, I've never been in an atmosphere like yesterday's.

Guest Deleted member

First 2 or 3 minutes of seconds half were strangely muted, til the band got everyone going. It was truly memorable after that

Hate to say it. But the clappers really helped too

Edited by Deleted member

They did ok yesterday, but a lot of the chants started up and went round very quickly, without the need for any "musical" assistance. The whole world loves a novelty act, but the novelty of the band wore of years ago. re-invent or retire please, but thanks for the effort.

In a half empty Hillsborough they are an embarrassment.

But yesterday I think they helped and did well. I am not sure what the difference is but my gut feeling is the drum beat is what is needed more than the trumpets etc.

As others have said credit where credit is due congratulations to the band

Guest Copthorneowl

They were positioned 5 or 6 seats from me my son/daughter and their partners block 135 row 44 and very loud being that close, however they started most songs and I noticed as they started playing the singing was picked up down both sides/terraces so its fair to say they definitely brought all the singing/noise together on many occasions. Well done band. UTO.

The band start many chants and help keep them going.

The atmosphere wouldn't have been near what it was without them.

Where i was sat i never heard a drum or any of their inane parping i said to my sister they must have either not been allowed to bring in their trumpets or Leeds Rhinos must have been playing 

So in our area your post is complete bolloooxx

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Where i was sat i never heard a drum or any of their inane parping i said to my sister they must have either not been allowed to bring in their trumpets or Leeds Rhinos must have been playing 

So in our area your post is complete bolloooxx

Where were you sat? I know for a fact that in blocks around us 528/30 that drum def kept things in order...and I also think that the drum led to the whole of our end being one voice for the songs that needed it. That's the point of a drum...to keep time. But yes, no audible parping was welcome. UTO.

Where were you sat? I know for a fact that in blocks around us 528/30 that drum def kept things in order...and I also think that the drum led to the whole of our end being one voice for the songs that needed it. That's the point of a drum...to keep time. But yes, no audible parping was welcome. UTO.

Block 130 

And as you will see from the number of other people posting that they did not hear them at all i think your argument that they " kept things going" falls down somewhat 

I dislike the band intensely but am not petty enough to say i didn't hear them once if i had, i genuinely thought they must have not been allowed to bring their instruments in as i fully accept that they are Wednesdayites and would have been there 

The band werent the be all and end all of the support today. They werent over powering. They didnt play over people and drown people out. You couldnt just hear the drums reverberating around the stands so loud that you couldnt hear the singing.

I get that this was because there were 40,000+ Wednesday fans there, but it proves what many of the fans have been saying, if they can tone it down a little at Hillsborough then there can be harmony.

Theres no need for them to drown people out, theres no need to think that everything has to be about them. What winds me up the most about the band is that it COULD be fantastic.

Well done band for yesterday.

In a half empty Hillsborough they are an embarrassment.

But yesterday I think they helped and did well. I am not sure what the difference is but my gut feeling is the drum beat is what is needed more than the trumpets etc.

As others have said credit where credit is due congratulations to the band

the half empty hillsborough is the embarrassment...

the half empty hillsborough is the embarrassment...

Winds me up watching our highlights and all you can hear is the drum echoing around the ground. The point is, they could easily tone it down a bit. Yesterday the band werent overpowering and even the people who come on here slagging off the band agree that it was better and the band did a good job.

This is all that many have been asking for and I really dont understand why they cant accommodate each other .