Man of the Match against Hull and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Hull  

551 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Hull?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Lee
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Helan
    • Nuhiu
    • Joao

I was a bit confused as to how we didn't really change the way we played despite the introduction of Nuhiu. Rather than try to hit him and worry their defence we continued to look for the same passes that hadn't been there all game. All a bit disappointing that we didn't appear to have plan B and I expected a bit more from Carlos

Kinda echoing what's already been posted, but I thought Westwood was obviously outstanding. Again.

However I didn't think we were as bad as some posters are saying.

First 15 mins I thought we looked in control and had the potential to create chances.

But as Hull upped their game we didn't seem to have an answer. Perhaps it was a case of one game too many?

Wallace didn't really get into the game and Hull were comfortable with our midfield playing the ball about in front of them. Plus I didn't think we linked the play with Fessi and Hooper very well either.

All in all it wasn't our day, but that said we kept what is essentially a Premier League team to 0-0 until they scored an outstanding goal to win the game.

But my abiding memory will be our fans.

I keep watching the videos I took yesterday over and over again, getting goosebumps every time.

Simply amazing.

Kieran Westwood kept us in it, so has to get MotM.

I thought Kieran Lee was as good as ever, so can't understand how some are rating him only a 5! He was the one player trying to make things happen and covered so much ground.

Edited by Polar

Westwood  -  9      Magnificent

Hunt  -  6    Did OK

Loovens  -  5     Looked uncharacteristicly jittery

Lees  -  5     Ditto

Pudil  -  5    Never got going

Lee  -  5    Great season but didn't turn up when it mattered most

Bannan  -  4    Biggest disappointment of all.....seems his otherwise brilliant season peaked around March and has slowly tailed off since   

Hutchinson  -    6    Looked rusty first half , better second

Wallace  -  4    Not one decent delivery all game

Hooper  -  4    Never got involved........never looked like he wanted to either

Forestieri  -  5    So often our spark but went missing yesterday

So disappointing to give these ratings after a great season , but the truth hurts and we were really poor yesterday.

Never got going ,seemed strangely leggy and nervous , poor and baffling substitutions , Hull didn't play all that well but were still much better.

Great chance missed , ah well sleeves up , onwards and upwards.

I gave KW our man o the match.

Felt so sorry for the rest of the lads who just couldn't muster their 'A Game' as hard as they tried. The fans and the Players gave each other everything but Hull were just that little better on the day. No one let anyone down we achieved more than in our wildest dreams and the team will be bigger, stronger and better next season.

Sorry. Negged by mistake! Meant to green arrow!

Fully agree with this post.

There's been some understandable emotional reaction last 24 hours.

But it has been a terrific season overall.

Obviously Westwood - not even close.

Funny how people see games differently - thought Lees was all over the place and the weakest CB on the pitch!

Hunt did ok as did Loovens

Not a game of top performances other then Westwood

Edited by scram

Read the papers today in it and what really comes home is the difference in formation and the impact it had.

That 5 in midfield for Hull was key - we just looked so light in comparison which is where the game was lost IMO. We never got any control or penetration there, so we couldn't release the front men or get behind them.

Yes Hooper and Wallace weren't great but they were feeding off scraps - though Wallaces's delivery was very poor which didn't help.

Livermore and Huddlestone had a free reign.

I can understand CC going for his first team choice but I was suprised he didn't change things around at HT to deal with this when it was clear we were starting to struggle.

Without the goal it could easily have gone to pens and maybe CC was holding out for that ..we could have played all day and not scored - a game to far in the end.

No one poor, only westwood exceptional.

Pudil and hunt had one of the better games iv seen, considering the players they were up against.

Westwood proved yet again he's the best keeper in the league.

Hooper can't play up top on his own.

Lee worked himself into the floor.

Hutch was excellent.

Forestieri and Wallace looked dangerous on the rare occasions they were able to run at hull.

Thought we matched them player for player, but diame and huddlestone eventually outdid us for experience.

I'd take Elmohammedy, huddlestone and Dawson if hull decided they weren't premiership quality.

Westwood MOTM.

Won't score the players as I don't think they did themselves justice on the day - and they probably know it too. They've been brilliant this season, the Final has been and gone, now we need to pick ourselves up and get plenty of hard work done in the summer to be up there again next season.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Westwwod 8

Hunt 6

Pudil 5

Loovens 4 

Lees 5

Lee 5

Bannan 4

Hutchinson 6

Wallace 5

Hooper 5

FF 6

But you have to bear in mind Hull's budget and players and their performance and we were nowhere near. Did well to keep to just 1 goal gap.

Westwood was outstanding

I thought despite his mistake for the goal Lees did well as did Hunt and Loovens

Lee and Hutchinson tried to make an impact but credit to their midfield for their performance

I thought Hooper looked lost and Wallace had the worst game of the season