Anyone else going down with medical/health issues?

I have something called Gist and am taking it head on!

I have a page on FB called Lee Brown taking the Gist of anybody wants to follow me and help with my future efforts of raising money and awareness for Gist.

I can't wait tomorrow and am even going to treat myself to a beer or two lol

Just had my second cycle of chemo on Wednesday. No way I was missing this game.

It's been a tough 3 years having been diagnosed with bowel cancer aged 35 only to find that it returned to my lungs in 2016. So far this years I've had two major lung surgeries and just started six months of chemo.

Drove down this morning with my eldest who's 8 and a bag full of chemo medicine and supplements. We've been into London to see some of the sights and will be doing the same tomorrow am before heading to the ground around 3

It's been a tough year so far but it's all about getting on with life and creating memories. Let's hope tomorrow is a good one. Wawaw

Edited by onefurlongout

It's been a tough 3 years having been diagnosed with bowel cancer aged 35 only to find that it returned to my lungs in 2016. So far this years I've had two major lung surgeries and just started six months of chemo.

Drove down this morning with my eldest who's 8 and a bag full of chemo medicine and supplements. We've been into London to see some of the sights and will be doing the same tomorrow am before heading to the ground around 3

It's been a tough year so far but it's all about getting on with life and creating memories. Let's hope tomorrow is a good one. Wawaw

Good man

I have something called Gist and am taking it head on!

I have a page on FB called Lee Brown taking the Gist of anybody wants to follow me and help with my future efforts of raising money and awareness for Gist.

I can't wait tomorrow and am even going to treat myself to a beer or two lol

Well deserved mate #weareinthistogether WAWAW

Never a truer word spoken.

I'm glad to hear you have the strength of both body and mind to be there. I don't know what it's actually like being on Chemo, but I have seen first hand the side effects. You must feel exhausted so I hope you sleep well tonight, wake tomorrow feeling rested and optimistic about the day, and your own future. Enjoy the day and keep up the positive thinking. It's strange where it can lead.

Never a truer word spoken.

I'm glad to hear you have the strength of both body and mind to be there. I don't know what it's actually like being on Chemo, but I have seen first hand the side effects. You must feel exhausted so I hope you sleep well tonight, wake tomorrow feeling rested and optimistic about the day, and your own future. Enjoy the day and keep up the positive thinking. It's strange where it can lead.

Cheers Chapsmurf

I was diagnosed with cancer in February, a 26cm tumour attached to my messentary bowel. I'm on tablet chemo and have been for 2 months.

It's also my first wedding anniversary tomorrow and I can't think of a better way than spending it watching Wednesday with my wife.

Something like this brings life into perspective and makes you evaluate what life's about! You realise that all you really have and leave behind are memories. A lot of my best memories involve Swfc and football, from my first match with my grandad when a Mel sterland secured our top flight status in 84, to my 5 trips to Wembley, a great day in Cardiff and even wet nights in Hartlepool.

I'm 41 and have 4 kids and my two boys are coming tomorrow. They are 9 & 7, I had a tear in my eye against Brighton just watching them bounce and knowing they will remember that day forever. Tomorrow for me will all be about making memories with my family and I hope I'm shedding a little tear of joy at 7pm knowing that my boys will be living a moment they always remember and I'll be sharing it with them!

Come on you blue and white wiiiizzzzzzaaaarrrddddssss

I can't believe how many people seem to have this awful condition, especially bowel cancer.

Tomorrow will be the best day of your life brownowl91, because you will make it so. Thanks for allowing us all to be a part of that day with you.

WAWAW.

My own health issues are too bad at the moment for me to make the journey down which left me feeling very sorry for myself. After reading some of the posts here it has helped me to put my own problems into perspective. I hope you all have the best day ever and hopefully I'll be back at Hillsborough next season for some Premiership matches. Good luck all.

Sorry Kivo, I have got so sidetracked with this thread, I've forgot to give you my best wishes mate. I'm sorry to hear about your condition, but you know you aren't alone. There will be others suffering the same, and while ever you have your extended family here, you will never be alone with your problems.

Big love to all the worldwide Wednesdayite family, whatever else you or your loved ones may be going through in your own lives at this giddy and brilliant and nervy-as-hell time in our ongoing journey together.

I really hope those of you wanting a little extra boost get one today, regardless of the result, from the simple fact that in a very real sense we're ALL standing shoulder-to-shoulder for this one – be that inside the ground or far, far further afield.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Had a stay at hospital with stroke inducing Atrial Fibrillation recently at 33, whole family got heart issues even in their 30's which is a nuisance.Got 24 hour ecg and heart scan booked for next week , since they put me on beta blockers only 2 times i've noticed my heartbeat go off track majorly were the Brighton games.

Have panic attacks, anxiety too which affects the A.fib i'm sure and travelling alone tomorrow but more excited than worried.

Hope all that are going with medical issues have a safe enjoyable day.