Official Wembley Pre Drinks Thread

Guest Ferkorf

The Flag next to the station in Watford looks good. Will be calling in there for some beer and food before jumping on the train.

We ended up in there for a few hours last season it was a decent place to be fair

I really have no bleeding idea.

We're on a coach leaving Dronfield at 9.00. We'll park up at a pub outside Wembley (I know not where, and as long as it sells beer, I don't care). Some pub the coach driver knows, He has an arrangement going with the landlord. We stop off there for a drink, and the coach driver can park there for free. He drops us off at the stadium after we've had some beers, then goes back to the pub to park up. Then picks us up again after the game.

Sounds reasonable to me. Avoids coach parking costs and brings down the cost of the coach ticket.

London Bridge and Borough Market from about 10am then up to Wembley for about 3, can't believe it's only Monday!

Wrong side of the river but great for boozing especially the wheatsheaf.

We shall be in Marylebone from 11 am.

I really have no bleeding idea.

We're on a coach leaving Dronfield at 9.00. We'll park up at a pub outside Wembley (I know not where, and as long as it sells beer, I don't care). Some pub the coach driver knows, He has an arrangement going with the landlord. We stop off there for a drink, and the coach driver can park there for free. He drops us off at the stadium after we've had some beers, then goes back to the pub to park up. Then picks us up again after the game.

Sounds reasonable to me. Avoids coach parking costs and brings down the cost of the coach ticket.

Who's put the coach on, one of the dronfield pubs? Edited by shez owl

Who's put the coach on, one of the dronfield pubs?

No, my nephew's football team (their manager) has organised it for the young uns going plus family and friends. Hope it's got a beer garden / play area for the kids whilst us adults have a few beers.

Before you ask, I enquired with my brother earlier this morning and it's now sold out. Was thinking if they needed to fill empty seats could mention it on here, but all the seats have already gone, sorry.

Edited by theowlsman

No, my nephew's football team (their manager) has organised it for the young uns going plus family and friends. Hope it's got a beer garden / play area for the kids whilst us adults have a few beers.

Before you ask, I enquired with my brother earlier this morning and it's now sold out. Was thinking if they needed to fill empty seats could mention it on here, but all the seats have already gone, sorry.

No it's fine, I'm on train, being from dronfield just wondered who as I heard nothing.

Guest sw11owl

Borough Market - straight up on the Jubilee Line from London Bridge - 32 mins to Wembley Park. Wheastsheaf, Market Porter, The Rake, Southwark Tavern etc, etc, etc. Not to mention every kind of food on earth

Drive down to Watford Junction (anyone know what parking options there are near by ?)

Swift couple in the Flag, then on to Wemberleeeey

Probably stand around the Green man most of the day. Or go to this park farm place for a drunken kick about

The Globe directly opposite Baker Street underground and 12 mins away from Wembley Park on the Metropolitan Line. Its a regular for England home games and many other London home games. Recommended by a cockney mate of mine. I am travelling up from Cornwall and aim to be in there at midday, would love to make it a blue and white boozer for the afternoon.

Drive down to Watford Junction (anyone know what parking options there are near by ?)

Swift couple in the Flag, then on to Wemberleeeey

Probably stand around the Green man most of the day. Or go to this park farm place for a drunken kick about

As per other thread this is my plan. Done this a few times and there is a large station car park, which you can pre book for a fiver. Train is about 12 minutes, and 20 minute stroll at the other end, but as Scram noted you do pass about 6 boozers on the way to the ground.