Assists...

After seeing Nuhiu' s assist this weekend (3rd goal), I just wondered if anyone has any stats regarding assists this season. Nuhiu has not scored that many this season, but how many goals have come from his assists?

With his newly signed deal & being very high in the appearance rankings...it's clear CC values him at this level.

And you only have to see what impact he had at the weekend for why

Not a big fan of the assist stat.

Could mean a fantastic cross or a simple pass and there are many important roles besides just flicking a header on for someone else to pull out a bit of magic.

Its an American thing and more suited to basketball or ice hockey imo

Guest wilyfox

Atdhe Nuhiu:

Assists...8

Shanks at goal...67

Number of players drawn towards him...1,203

Games turned by his beard...39

Not a big fan of the assist stat.

Could mean a fantastic cross or a simple pass and there are many important roles besides just flicking a header on for someone else to pull out a bit of magic.

Its an American thing and more suited to basketball or ice hockey imo

Don't think you can knock an assist stat if players, such as Wallace as an example, are constantly getting assists.

Sure, the odd assist in 40+ games isn't spectacular.

But players like Wallace who are constantly pinging enough balls into the right areas for players to score deserve their recognition.

6 assists for Nuhiu isn't bad going.

I presume he'll be a bit part player next season coming off the bench , We do need an upgrade though to partner Hooper, I rate the lad Kodjia at Bristol city.

I've just posted that in another thread, wished I'd have seen this first......looks like I've nicked your idea now. lol

Did they buy him in the summer. How much did they pay for him?

About £2 million, and yeah they bought him last summer

Shame, I said back in May/June last year he was one we should have gone for. All turned out alright in the end though, so my grumbling is extremely limited lol

Signing Nuhiu up to a new deal just meant we had our options open. Doesn't mean cc rates him as we can sell him in the summer now for a fee instead of losing him for nowt.

If we stay down he'll stay if we go up he'll go simple as that. Decent in championship not good enough any higher

If we stay down he'll stay if we go up he'll go simple as that. Decent in championship not good enough any higher

I want more than anything for him to play in the Premier League, even if it's only for one 10 minute substitute appearance.

Can you imagine the meltdown on here that would have happened a year and a half ago if I'd suggested that Nuhiu would one day be a Premier League player? lol

Whilst his stats don't suggest going on goals and assists, I think this has been Atteys best season he's been much better and been more effective in how is been used. Plus I suggest he's a massive part of our changing room. You can see how players respond to him and the character he carries. Dismissing the first few years big Dave now has a part to play even if on the field it only to come on in certain games