31,843 attendance, 39,732 capacity.

we should register to the football league to officially reduce our attendance.

People keep saying the capacity on the upper west is 4200 - they'll never be 4200 in that stand again.

As I said, there were 9 of us in the North, and only 2 sat in their seats, and then only briefly So it would have been easy to spot those 7 seats and think they hadn't been taken. When it's busy, plenty don't sit in their seats

He is - I had the same opinion

The amount of people wearing blue made it hard to differentiate between them and the seats though.

Makes it hard to give a really guess of how empty it was

Everyone should wear red so that you can differentiate between fans and seats.

Sell out to home fans. Odd empty seat because some season ticket holders genuinely can't get every game. Five seats next to me are taken by season ticket holders yet they've been sat in probably 5 times! Money to burn some people. The ground should be reclassified 'cos it's more like a 35k stadium now. Still, I'm happy keeping it at 39900 or whatever the exact figure is. Looks better.

My seat was unoccupied on Sat, but only because of a prior holiday planned. I don't have money to burn, but I have still attended most of the games, so I am prepared to forgo the odd game and pay the ST price so that I know I have retained my seat for the entire season, and have been guaranteed it for the play-off game, and sod the POTG fans. It is still commercially a better prospect for me than cherry-picking games.

Sell out to home fans. Odd empty seat because some season ticket holders genuinely can't get every game. Five seats next to me are taken by season ticket holders yet they've been sat in probably 5 times! Money to burn some people. The ground should be reclassified 'cos it's more like a 35k stadium now. Still, I'm happy keeping it at 39900 or whatever the exact figure is. Looks better.

They've probably been at the games but not sat in their season ticket seats.

I don't always sit in my seat on kop, obviously when its full like Saturday there's no option to go and sit somewhere else.

How many do you think will be there for the playoff game, considering its on tv ?

I'll be getting 2 tomorrow (Thursday)

WAWAW

It will definitely be a sell out.

I don't think they'll be many left for general sale.

14,000 season ticket holders already purchased.

5,000 members

2,000 foundation members

2,500 new season ticket holders who can purchase from tomorrow.

50% of season ticket holders purchasing additional ticket.

30,000ish.

Edited by bradowl

Further evidence that the Leppings Lane end needs pulling down.

Even putting aside any points about it being a.) a sh*t tip and b.) a relic of the disaster (which ARE both a factor in it needing to come down), it's also a source of lost revenue for the club.

I imagine having a 39k capacity stadium that you can only "sell out" at 32k due to away fan numbers and/or police and safety restrictions must have Chansiri pulling his hair out. Fair enough Hillsborough sell outs have been rather sparing over the last decade, but if the club has ambition then we can't be held back over the ridiculous seating and capacity situation that the Leppings Lane and NW corner represent. If we got promoted we'd be the only club in the top flight with visibly empty seats that either aren't or can't be sold.

That whole end of the ground needs a start-from-scratch re-think.