Hooperman

If you have any lingering doubts about our play off chances, get on youtube and watch his Norwich and Celtic goals. The epitome of a natural finisher. Some of the back-heal flicks to score for Celtic are worthy of Bergkamp or Zola.

If you watch his goals for Celtic you can see almost identical goals to this season's. The bullet into the roof of the net (Cardiff), the perfectly timed arrival goals (Brum second away), the swept in first timers (MKD), the ricochets off the keeper (Leeds) are all there.

Interesting to read the youtube comments attached to the vids. Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton fans etc, wanting him at their club, and calling for him in an England shirt ahead of Rooney, Defoe and the like.

If he is firing on 13th, 16th and 28th May, happy days.

it's looking likely that his lack of form was down to anxiety of his daughter's birth as he suddenly returned to form on Saturday

the hacking of the 2nd goal out of nothing was the best of his '3' imo  and in games to come he could make the difference - hope so 

Even when he doesn't score he's a problem for defenders. They daren't leave him alone and his link up play is good as well.

For me this is just as important as his goals, I really don't think people appreciate how much of a contribution he makes regardless getting on the score sheet .

the mans instinct in front of goal says it all to me a true striker doesen't think about it he just does it ,the knack of being in the right place at the right time is normal to such as him .we have here gentlemen /ladies a natural born striker who is as good as any in the game today ,Hooper can and will make the difference for us he is a cut above many of the rest and given a full season will prove so ,

He was getting slagged to bits by some individuals on here during his 'drought'.

GH offers so much more than goals, his link up play is 2nd to none. Unfortunately though, some fans will never get their heads around that.

Yep . Probably the same people who were laying into Loovens saying he was a liability and should never have had his contract extended. Totally ignoring the fact that he'd had 3 different people playing along side him when Lees was out.

Owlstalk culture.

Edited by Ibbo48

Excellent player.

I think he looks a lot better with Joao or Nuhiu alongside him rather than Forestierri. If he has a larger ball winner alongside him he seems happy to drop back and get the ball, flick link play then get in the box. If they are not there he's having to try to play the target role, and that's not him.

We look so much better all round with Forestierri on the left

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

Yes and his form and goals seems to come in bursts/. Let's hope his latest burst has just started.

He seems to go in bursts of scoring 2 goals every game for 4-5 games

It wouldnt suprise me if cc intentionally put ff back on the left and a big man up front for this stage

Excellent player.

I think he looks a lot better with Joao or Nuhiu alongside him rather than Forestierri. If he has a larger ball winner alongside him he seems happy to drop back and get the ball, flick link play then get in the box. If they are not there he's having to try to play the target role, and that's not him.

We look so much better all round with Forestierri on the left

Couldnt agree more. It is clear as crystal he thrives with Joao and Nuhiu, and that Fernando performs better left.

But my fat fingers negged you. Will make up for it.

I enjoyed watching him warm up before the game from the back of the Kop on Saturday... I turned and said to my brother at the time 'reckon he's gonna score today' he looked so confident even then and rarely missed during the warm up, just had one of those feelings it was going to be his day.  He was excellent imo.