Well done Leicester but we had that T Shirt printed in 1929

Leicester City have landed the championship having spent less in their entire 130 year history than some
of todays Premiership clubs have spent in the last decade. Not only have they accomplished this feat but it has been done from a position of absolute adversity sat in a near impossible position less than 14 months ago; So heartiest congratulations must go to them.

Yet this never before seen feat, according to some news men, has in fact been achieved before. As yesterday Totenham Hotspurs were once more peripheral to the events. It was the 1927/28 season when Bob Brown
secured the services of an ageing Jimmy Seed to add some experience to a young enthusiastic
Sheffield Wednesday side.

However, with a dozen games to go Wednesday were cut adrift at the bottom of the old 1st Division and relegation looked a mere formality. Miracles can and did happen losing just one of their last 12 matches and scoring 32 goals ( 6 of which came from Seed) Wednesday managed to avoid relegation by a single point finishing in 14th place on 39 points along with 6 other teams). The fairy tale of captain Seed didn’t end there as the very next Season he lead Wednesday to their 3rd Championship title and registered a further 8 times in the process.

Just for good measure, as though to prove it no fluke, Jimmy Seed was a regular the following season.
Securing the Championship for Wednesday in successive seasons. Jimmy Seed made his last appearance for
Wednesday on 4th April 1941 in a 4-0 victory at home to Blackpool.

Jimmy Seed :- b. Blackhill Durham 25/3/1895 d. Farnborough 16/7/1966.

Blimey, Leicester have achieved something regarded as virtually impossible in the modern day football, with squad that cost around 54 million, that's less than Man City paid for Kevin De Bruyne and there's a post making comparisons to the Wednesday side of the late 1920's ,.......amazing.

Blimey, Leicester have achieved something regarded as virtually impossible in the modern day football, with squad that cost around 54 million, that's less than Man City paid for Kevin De Bruyne and there's a post making comparisons to the Wednesday side of the late 1920's ,.......amazing.

Well it sounds similar to me or because it's more recent does that mean it must be better?

Leicester City have landed the championship having spent less in their entire 130 year history than some of todays Premiership clubs have spent in the last decade. Not only have they accomplished this feat but it has been done from a position of absolute adversity sat in a near impossible position less than 14 months ago; So heartiest congratulations must go to them. Yet this never before seen feat, according to some news men, has in fact been achieved before. As yesterday Totenham Hotspurs were once more peripheral to the events. It was the 1927/28 season when Bob Brown secured the services of an ageing Jimmy Seed to add some experience to a young enthusiastic Sheffield Wednesday side. However, with a dozen games to go Wednesday were cut adrift at the bottom of the old 1st Division and relegation looked a mere formality. Miracles can and did happen losing just one of their last 12 matches and scoring 32 goals ( 6 of which came from Seed) Wednesday managed to avoid relegation by a single point finishing in 14th place on 39 points along with 6 other teams). The fairy tale of captain Seed didn’t end there as the very next Season he lead Wednesday to their 3rd Championship title and registered a further 8 times in the process. Just for good measure, as though to prove it no fluke, Jimmy Seed was a regular the following season. Securing the Championship for Wednesday in successive seasons. Jimmy Seed made his last appearance for Wednesday on 4th April 1941 in a 4-0 victory at home to Blackpool. Jimmy Seed :- b. Blackhill Durham 25/3/1895 d. Farnborough 16/7/1966.

I knew everything except Jimmy Birth place, ta, mate

Think it is impossible to compare 1980's football and that in 2016 never mind football in the 1920's.

Nah, they definitely still have quite a lot in common. It's far harder to compare football in 2016 with, say, The Strasbourg Dancing Plague of 1518.

todays footballers would balk at the conditions of the pitches played on and equipment used in the 20's i should think, the wet leather balls that handled like concrete or the pit boots with cork studs held in by panel pins . lol And often the pins would come right through the sole of the boot you didn't half jump then let me tell yer . we had em in the fifties and they sorted the men from the boys

todays footballers would balk at the conditions of the pitches played on and equipment used in the 20's i should think, the wet leather balls that handled like concrete or the pit boots with cork studs held in by panel pins . lol And often the pins would come right through the sole of the boot you didn't half jump then let me tell yer . we had em in the fifties and they sorted the men from the boys

I can remember wearing an old pair of brown high ankled boots with the nail on studs. Yep; the nails came through. I'd like to say that they were nailed to my feet to give added traction but at 8 years old they just brought tears to my eyes.

Cue the 'four Yorkshiremen' sketch...... lol

Guest mrbluesky

Leicester City have landed the championship having spent less in their entire 130 year history than some of todays Premiership clubs have spent in the last decade. Not only have they accomplished this feat but it has been done from a position of absolute adversity sat in a near impossible position less than 14 months ago; So heartiest congratulations must go to them.Yet this never before seen feat, according to some news men, has in fact been achieved before. As yesterday Totenham Hotspurs were once more peripheral to the events. It was the 1927/28 season when Bob Brown secured the services of an ageing Jimmy Seed to add some experience to a young enthusiastic Sheffield Wednesday side. However, with a dozen games to go Wednesday were cut adrift at the bottom of the old 1st Division and relegation looked a mere formality. Miracles can and did happen losing just one of their last 12 matches and scoring 32 goals ( 6 of which came from Seed) Wednesday managed to avoid relegation by a single point finishing in 14th place on 39 points along with 6 other teams). The fairy tale of captain Seed didn’t end there as the very next Season he lead Wednesday to their 3rd Championship title and registered a further 8 times in the process.Just for good measure, as though to prove it no fluke, Jimmy Seed was a regular the following season. Securing the Championship for Wednesday in successive seasons. Jimmy Seed made his last appearance for Wednesday on 4th April 1941 in a 4-0 victory at home to Blackpool. Jimmy Seed :- b. Blackhill Durham 25/3/1895 d. Farnborough 16/7/1966.

And breathe.

I knew everything except Jimmy Birth place, ta, mate

Quote from the book "The Jimmy Seed Story"

"It is generally stated that I was born at Whitburn, but I first saw the light of day at Blackhill and my parents moved to Whitburn on the north-east coast a couple of miles from the Sunderland ground when I was two".