If we don't go up...

Now is the best time to go for it.  

A window of opportunity has presented itself and we need to take it with both hands.

Exactly just like what has happened to Tottenham, they had a great chance to claim the league this year but have failed to grab it. Hopefully we can grab our chance and get back to the promised land. 

I keep seeing a lot of our fans say we've over achieved. I disagree, to say over achieved means our players aren't good enough. I think they are good enough. I'd say we've exceeded expectation, but not over achieved

Yep, I was trying to think of this before and it wouldn't come to mind. Yes we exceeded expectation but I think we have achieved exactly what we deserve. Had we got our players together earlier it could have been even better. 

What ever happens we have a had a remarkable turn around and the football at times is sensational. 

Exactly just like what has happened to Tottenham, they had a great chance to claim the league this year but have failed to grab it. Hopefully we can grab our chance and get back to the promised land.

But Spurs might not get the chance again where as we probably would finish top six again next year.

People say its now or never but we're back to being a competitive club and I'd expect to see us top six for as long as it takes to go up.

But Spurs might not get the chance again where as we probably would finish top six again next year.

People say its now or never but we're back to being a competitive club and I'd expect to see us top six for as long as it takes to go up.

Yep very true good point. 

That's the only question I have regarding DC, how long is he in it for investment wise? Is it just for 2 years and then cut back?

How much money do we stand to make from this? Gate receipts etc.

• How much if we end up losing over the 2 legs?
  • How much if we get to the final and lose?
  • How much if we actually go up?

I reckon about 1m from the semis, at least before deductions.

If we made the final, I'd like to think we agree (as Norwich and Boro did) that the loser takes the gate money. I understand Boro earnt 6m off the playoffs in total as the loser of the final.

Norwich weren't bothered because they hit the jackpot and that jackpot is now at least 160m

Well that's the strangest business plan I've ever heard off it is.

Invest for two years, if we haven't achieved promotion, cut back and then have a massive loss on your hands with no prospect of getting it back

He will continue to sensibly invest until the job of top flight football is done or he has just flushed millions down the pan

You can only invest at the same level constantly if you have the funds to do so. No one intends to make a loss but plenty of owners do. You do see owners make an impact when they first arrive and for a time before their ability to keep that up wanes a little. Look at Forest, Cardiff, wolves perhaps. It's a gamble.

If DC has the kind of funding available to him to keep a sustained challenge going for a number of years then great and I have no reason to think otherwise, but by the same token I don't think many amongst the fan base really know for sure. They only assume.

This season is a free hit for us. No one expected us to be in the play offs this season. 

If we dont go up its still been one hell of a season ,and DC will invest in the summer for an extra push next season. 

This season is a free hit for us. No one expected us to be in the play offs this season.

If we dont go up its still been one hell of a season ,and DC will invest in the summer for an extra push next season.

This if we don't do it this season we'll come back stronger next season.

I keep seeing a lot of our fans say we've over achieved. I disagree, to say over achieved means our players aren't good enough. I think they are good enough. I'd say we've exceeded expectation, but not over achieved

This