New ground v redevelopment ?

Develope and stay for me..... changing, or rather reverting to calling it Owlerton would help to ease the stigma.

develope for me as well .... changing the name fair enough if we have a sponsored name but to change it just to appease others ..dont

think so .

Be interesting to see an outline plan and design for a new stadium showing any potential location with costs and benefits versus a redeveloped Hillsborough, wonder if any plans exist.

And yes change the name back to Owlerton, it's what my old grandad used to call it.

Redevelop.

We are a historic and traditional club and Hillsborough is part of our heritage.

Knockdown the Lepp and rebuild it as the World Cup plans, redevelop the Kop as per the World Cub plans which would include removing the pillars, a new roof for the Kop and North, filling in tangos corner completely which would connect the Kop to the North, new and updated concourses for the Kop and North. Rebuild the shop into the North as per the World Cup plans. 45k would be a good size for us.

Owlerton would be a great name if we were to ever have a stadium name change. I'd prefer we kept it as Hillsborough though, no need for a name change to appease others.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

The current stadium doesn't have the facilities needed for a modern Premier League club. I'm open to a new stadium or redevelopment but the club has to choose whichever option is the best way to maximise revenue streams and increase turnover because we are severely lacking in that area. There's no point being sentimental because in truth Hillsborough currently is not fit for purpose.

It's been said by someone before,and I think it's a good analogy-If someone offered you a brand new fiat punto or a vintage Bentley that needed restoring which would you prefer?

I know which I would choose-Hillsborough is a great stadium and will be at it's finest today with a full house.

(Other brands are available and no disrespect to owners of Fiat Puntos!) :biggrin:

The current stadium doesn't have the facilities needed for a modern Premier League club. I'm open to a new stadium or redevelopment but the club has to choose whichever option is the best way to maximise revenue streams and increase turnover because we are severely lacking in that area. There's no point being sentimental because in truth Hillsborough currently is not fit for purpose.

what are our facilities like ....never have been in the hospitalty area's ,dont we already have conference rooms, again no idea what

they are like .......

We should have some sort of museum honouring the dead with proceeds going to charity in a redeveloped west stand. At the moment I think it's like we try to ignore the disaster which I feel holds us back.

We have a memorial. That is enough. 

Moving on from the disaster, again...

No stigma for me, i love our ground and dont give a flying fluck what scousers, journos and self appointed stadium design experts think about it.

Its part of our DNA as a club and all it needs is some TLC to bring it up to scratch. Half of the clubs in the prem would love a ground like ours.

A move away to a soul less identikit bowl would would be folly of the highest magnitude.

I don't see the Hillsborough location being able to cope with the traffic or parking required. By redevelopment we also mean knock the whole thing down along with a few houses and start again. I can see a new location and stadium being the cheaper and better option. Wouldn't want a bowl design though and would love to be proved wrong regarding Hillsborough

New ground for me, creates better atmosphere, better facilities, generate more money.

Would have to disagree on that. New grounds have terrible atmospheres in general. Look at man city. Excellent atmosphere at Maine Road when they were sh i t. It's like a morgue now with double the fans and a good team.

I don't see the Hillsborough location being able to cope with the traffic or parking required. By redevelopment we also mean knock the whole thing down along with a few houses and start again. I can see a new location and stadium being the cheaper and better option. Wouldn't want a bowl design though and would love to be proved wrong regarding Hillsborough

Why should the majority who don't go by car have to change to suit the minority?

No stigma for me, i love our ground and dont give a flying fluck what scousers, journos and self appointed stadium design experts think about it.

Its part of our DNA as a club and all it needs is some TLC to bring it up to scratch. Half of the clubs in the prem would love a ground like ours

A move away to a soul less identikit bowl would would be folly of the highest magnitude.

Dunno about half, Palace, Norwich or West Brom maybe, too big for Watford or Bournemouth , most others bigger or newer, doubtless with the fancy corporate facilities deemed more important than owt else in the top flight these days.

Hillsborough traffic coped in the 90's when we were in the prem so why not again? Also parking, how would that be solved by moving to a new stadium? And as to knocking down houses, supposedly the reason we havent put a roof on the nw corner was due to planning permission due to the houses behind. If redeveloped we could do something a bit like the aviva stadium in dublin where clear glass/ persepex has been used at the back of the stand to let natural light through. Also to improve the concourses on the north there is plenty of room behind the stand where the megastore and sports hall are. We probably would only be able to build 3 quarters of the way up the back of the stand, but as long as the new buildings werent built up as high as the existing structure we wouldnt need to demolish any houses and cant see any reason as to why planning permission wouldnt be granted