The Owls vs Cardiff City. Official Matchday Thread

Guest minsk owl

Nev - forgot to say.... Warboys was a good servant to us and i'll never forget a lovely goal he scored against Liverpool in our 1-1 draw against them in the autumn of 1970. Always up for it was Alan Warboys. Worth a good deal more than his fortune paid him, methinks.

A better Warboys' goal ( 69/70 season ), was the one that smartened up 24 game unbeaten Derby  ( 2nd and 1st Div under Cloughie ),  then about 10 mins later, he ran into the post and knocked himself out

Edited by minsk owl

I was a young man in my late teens just touching 20, so had been brought up with our new super striker David Layne after Keith Ellis and before Warboys,

John Ritchie. So Alan Warboys was very raw when we got him. Thing is he was showing significant improvement when we got rid of him.

Nice bloke and eventually a decent front man, but we never really benefitted.

After Warboys Rotherham worked us a powder offloading Steve Downes onto us. The Star Headline about Rotherham striker signing for Owls got me going as I thought it must have been Trevor Phillips who was very good but alas no !  

Guest minsk owl

I was a young man in my late teens just touching 20, so had been brought up with our new super striker David Layne after Keith Ellis and before Warboys,

John Ritchie. So Alan Warboys was very raw when we got him. Thing is he was showing significant improvement when we got rid of him.

Nice bloke and eventually a decent front man, but we never really benefitted.

After Warboys Rotherham worked us a powder offloading Steve Downes onto us. The Star Headline about Rotherham striker signing for Owls got me going as I thought it must have been Trevor Phillips who was very good but alas no !  

as a young 'un , once got on the bus to Hillsboro' from Hunters Bar, ( autograph huntin' ) , who's on the back seat , top deck ??, John Ritchie ..........  two little swallow tats , between thumb and forefinger .........  got that autograph early 

Yeah well remembered Minsk 45,000 in that day but don't forget our stadium needs downsizing !

'Hold Tight' Dave Dee, Dozy, Beeky, Mitch & Titch was in the charts.  We banged that one out that day and for many years after, still there on intro to TC's 'Singing The Blues'. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Top notch OMDT Pauli:

This sums up our situation.

This day is call'd the feast of Carlos.

He that witnesses this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Carlos.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Carlos."
Then will Forrestieri show his scars,
And say "These bruises I had on Carlos's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats we did that day. Then shall their names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Forrestieri the King, Bannan and Westwood,
Nuhiu and Hooper, Lees, Loovens and Lopez—
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the Wednesday man teach his son;
And Carlos's day shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We owls, we happy owls, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that stands at Hillsborough with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Sheffield now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their Wednesdayhood cheap whiles any speaks
That cheered with us upon Saint Carlos's day.

This vile dragon of Wales needs must be slain. It represents all our demons, nightmares and sufferings over the last 20 years. It is time to end it once and for all. In victory we shall have redemption and it will give us the strength to go on to the greater prize. So dear Wednesdayites;

Once more unto the breach dear friends once more!

For England, Wednesday and St Carlos!

Apologies to Will Shakespeare (but definitely not Craig)!

C'mon Wednesday it's time to go sheep worrying and dragon slaying. Mint sauce at the ready chaps!

Edited by Utah Owl

Morning chums............. especially the MGG

No predictions from me or Ollie today...............just heartfelt thanks to Mr Chansiri, King Carlos and the players for making this such an enjoyable season. Whatever happens from here on in just being able to look forward with optimism makes such a refreshing change. Thanks as well to all our fans who go every week home and away and sing their hearts out........... wonderful to be part of such a family.

Off now for some stick and ball           tick

Lunch with Mrs MK6                           tick

Beers in fridge                                    tick

Mrs MK out this arvo                          tick

Does life get any better?             well it will if I can find a stream

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Absolutelelelely the best OMDT ever...!

Well done pauli

Sat on a plane on the tarmac wishing I hadn't been so foookin daft to book a week in the sun.

Hopefully we can ram plenty of the goals in against the men of Harlech and FFly into the play offs.

Pork Pies, Pork Pies and more Pork Pies... food of Gods and Yorkshiremen, children of God in God's second city.

Love you pauli...

Love you Tay Tay...

Love you Giant Shadow Llama...

Love being so Minty...!

A rousing atmosphere and a rousing performance.

4-0

Let's foookin have it...!

Good luck everybody.

C'MON LADS

UTO

Edited by 33