The Owls vs Cardiff City. Official Matchday Thread

Apparently not. So.....

Wonderful wonderful OP, Pauli. The Cardiff gremlins are just as I imagined them to be. And after the way they folded against the pigs back in 70-71 (long memory!) 1-5 it's time for payback. I would have chosen Paul Simon's "Mother and Child REunion" me sen but I think good ol' Curtis is probarbably better!

Put it to bed today, Wednesday!

Let's DO THIS THANG!!

Brilliant as always !! .......... lovin' a bit of Curtis

Time for these pretenders to finally lie down, ............ 3 - 1 Wednesday, not bothered who scores, so long as Dave gets the last one to wrap it up

WITH THE FULL ENERGY !!!

oko91.gif

Brilliant Pauli.

brilliant Minsk but it should be CCMF CN WFI NESLAY...

lol

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant Pauli.

brilliant Minsk but it should be CCMF CN WFI NESLAY...

lol

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: ..........  REMEMBER IT WELL    :biggrin:

Edited by minsk owl

post-17101-0-62909200-1461972705_thumb.j A Big Hello to my friends

Pauli and Nev and of course all you lovely Wednesday fans. I got a call from my good friend Lily Aldridge

last night (that would be the night before last) she was in NY and wanted to meet up. I told her I had to be in the UK this weekend so we finished up having a 5 a.m. breakfast of eggs and waffles at that little bar by Madison Square Gardens. Not had a bite since so when we get to Leeds I'm hoping the night Porter will rustle me something up.

I'm here all week as Nev has managed to get me a Wolves ticket, my PR man failed miserably on that score so I'll be stood or sat with you lot. Really excited about tomorrow, I don't see how we can fail. Though my

predictions have failed alarmingly this last few weeks so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Nev wanted me to go see the famous Wednesday Cricket Club on Sunday then share three days at Headingly

Watching more cricket. So I've compromised with him, I'm off to see Scotland for the Week. A couple of days Aberdeen and Inverness then driving down to Fort William and see Ben Nevis. Then I'll be back in good time for the Wolves game.

Take on board the message from Carlos shout like crazy UTO WAWAW Big X for Pauli Love you all x x x

attachicon.gifTaylor-Swift-Lily-Aldridge-Having-Lunch-LA-April-2016.jpg A Big Hello to my friends Pauli and Nev and of course all you lovely Wednesday fans. I got a call from my good friend Lily Aldridge last night (that would be the night before last) she was in NY and wanted to meet up. I told her I had to be in the UK this weekend so we finished up having a 5 a.m. breakfast of eggs and waffles at that little bar by Madison Square Gardens. Not had a bite since so when we get to Leeds I'm hoping the night Porter will rustle me something up. I'm here all week as Nev has managed to get me a Wolves ticket, my PR man failed miserably on that score so I'll be stood or sat with you lot. Really excited about tomorrow, I don't see how we can fail. Though my predictions have failed alarmingly this last few weeks so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. Nev wanted me to go see the famous Wednesday Cricket Club on Sunday then share three days at Headingly Watching more cricket. So I've compromised with him, I'm off to see Scotland for the Week. A couple of days Aberdeen and Inverness then driving down to Fort William and see Ben Nevis. Then I'll be back in good time for the Wolves game. Take on board the message from Carlos shout like crazy UTO WAWAW Big X for Pauli Love you all x x x

you sly dog Nev, slipping TayTay a ticket for Wolves,

Guest minsk owl

it's alright for you. You speak Russian and can read Cyrillic.

ФФС

давай уэнсдей  !!  Ð¤Ð¤Ð¡  !!!! 

attachicon.gifTaylor-Swift-Lily-Aldridge-Having-Lunch-LA-April-2016.jpg A Big Hello to my friends Pauli and Nev and of course all you lovely Wednesday fans. I got a call from my good friend Lily Aldridge last night (that would be the night before last) she was in NY and wanted to meet up. I told her I had to be in the UK this weekend so we finished up having a 5 a.m. breakfast of eggs and waffles at that little bar by Madison Square Gardens. Not had a bite since so when we get to Leeds I'm hoping the night Porter will rustle me something up. I'm here all week as Nev has managed to get me a Wolves ticket, my PR man failed miserably on that score so I'll be stood or sat with you lot. Really excited about tomorrow, I don't see how we can fail. Though my predictions have failed alarmingly this last few weeks so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. Nev wanted me to go see the famous Wednesday Cricket Club on Sunday then share three days at Headingly Watching more cricket. So I've compromised with him, I'm off to see Scotland for the Week. A couple of days Aberdeen and Inverness then driving down to Fort William and see Ben Nevis. Then I'll be back in good time for the Wolves game. Take on board the message from Carlos shout like crazy UTO WAWAW Big X for Pauli Love you all x x x

Beware of anything that they give to you there, unless it's a railway ticket to far away! :laugh:

Victory Bell what did you expect all those years back, Warboys was leading the line for Cardiff..... "I was there BTW" he said Sheepishly lol

Yeah, I was there.  Remember that horrible Mirror headline the next day? "Harris's Bombers Blitz Cardiff". I nearly puked over me biology exercise book. Last thing I remember was going out of BL when it was 4-1 to the pigs and then hearing a truly deafening cheer from within and thinking "That's not a Cardiff goal". I was right. 

That season, I went to about 4 games at The Stain just to cheer on the opposites (of the pigs). Only one was joyful - the game the barstewards played v Hull. No word of a lie - I've never seen a dirtier, more brutal match in my life. I think the press reports will bear me out. Ken Knighton, of course, was playing for Hull that night.

Never seen anything like it. The ref called the 2 teams together to tell them God knows what (probably "I'm going to stop the match if this continues"). There was a picture of that in the papers. Quite amazing.

Hull won 2-1 !! Hoofarkinray!!! 

Nev - forgot to say.... Warboys was a good servant to us and i'll never forget a lovely goal he scored against Liverpool in our 1-1 draw against them in the autumn of 1970. Always up for it was Alan Warboys. Worth a good deal more than his fortune paid him, methinks.