The Owls vs Cardiff City. Official Matchday Thread

bazZuUl.png          RymGLOI.png      

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

The build up to the game has been intensifying all week, Carlos has issued his challenge to the fans, the Cardiff newspapers have been mithering on about how their lot can win (they won’t) and I’ve been collecting some bits and bobs for this thread…

bfT13h7.png

With a little help from Owlstalk poster, Sheffield Dave, we came across this letter…

Cardiff City FC
Cardiff City Stadium,
Leckwith Road,
Cardiff, CF11 8AZ

'RE: Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff City’

Dear Mr. Vincent Tan,

I am a Blade, a Sheffield United fan. This season, our fifth in the division, has been one of the most terrifying Bladeacoasters I've ridden so far in the 27 years of supporting The Blades home and away. Last weekend also spoilt it quite a bit for me as we didn’t quite get the result we wanted and so Barnsley are going to knick 6th spot with one game remaining, having been bottom at Christmas, meaning we need to beat Coventry City on Saturday and hope your football club pull off an amazing feat and spoil the Wendy’s ALREADY PLANNED promotion party.

I understand, despite your faffing around for most of the season in mid-table, you are a good team on your day as you showed us when we came down to your ground decades ago and needed another spozzy last minute goal just to draw with you. I am just praying you can overcome the understandable worry of remaining in the Champoinship and really rally yourselves to beat the overly arrogant Owls on their own patch. Their fans already believe they’re up, they’ve already beaten Arsenal and that your ‘Tin-Pot’ club has not even a chance on Saturday.

WELL LET ME TELL YOU THIS CARDIFF CITY F.C – YOU DO HAVE A CHANCE, PLENTY OF CLUBS HAVE BEATEN THEM THIS SEASON AND THERE IS NO REASON YOU CANNOT DO THE SAME.

PLEASE, play with your heads held high, chests out bursting with pride as you are a professional club and good one at that. You will all be in Blades’ hearts forever should you win at Hillsborough and how nice would it be to silence 36,000 arrogant fans in the stands who just see you as a given.

I will be praying you win and pull this off.

Yours in hope.

Abdullah bin Bogrol.

Researching the Cardiff and Wales in general, I found this advertisement in a Monty Python book…

AlNhPW0.gif

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.
Kick Off: Saturday the 30th of April at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Home Shirt. Massive flags. No Pibgorns.

Matchday drink: 16 pints. Easy. Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Bluebird and Leek.

Matchday Song: Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Sam Hutchinson could be included in Carlos Carvalhal's side following a bout of glandular fever. Meanwhile, winger Ross Wallace serves the second of a three-game ban after his dismissal in the goalless draw against MK Dons.

Cardiff striker Lex Luthor should be fit to face the Owls after missing the Bolton game last week with an illness. But defender Bruno “Gerhard” Manga  has malaria !! and Fabio “Goldie” Da Silva (groin) is also ruled out.

NDL2Et4.png Head to Head m602yss.png

â–ª Wednesday are winless in their last six games against Cardiff (D2 L4).

â–ª The Bluebirds are unbeaten in their last two games at Hillsborough (W1 D1) - they've never gone three games unbeaten there in their entire history.

â–ª After a run of four consecutive wins, the Owls are winless in four Championship games, though the last three have ended level.

â–ª Cardiff have lost their last two away games by a 2-1 scoreline, shipping three of those four goals in the final seven minutes.

â–ª If Cardiff fail to win, Sheffield Wednesday will secure a place in the play-offs.

Y90cqgR.png

My prediction: We will win 3 - 0 and confirm our play off place. Ooooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“The next game is important, we know that one point is enough to achieve the sixth position but we play all the games, all the season to try to win and to try for the three points. We will do exactly the same in the next game and after we will see.

We do not feel pressure, we still have two games to play but of course our focus is on Saturday. We need to continue what we are doing, with the quality that we are doing and we expect a nice environment on Saturday with our fans. I’m absolutely sure we will show the power of Hillsborough.”

749W5A3.jpg

“Looking at the Owlstalk this week, a former player was at our game to the Derby. This is upsetting his current club. Tony Mowbray, coach of the Coventry is a very interesting man. I am told his family is making the delicious pork pie, a traditional English delicacy. To be sure, I am not trying this yet, but my magnificent players - they are all saying; "Carlos, Carlos, you have to eat the pork pie". So far I resist.

Some of my beautiful players for instances the Fernando also Atdhe, they are trying the polite way too, "Mister Carvalhal… Boss… Senhor, you must, you must!" I want also to try the pork pie, of this I am certain. In the moment however, I am considering the Weetabix and the decision of the warm or cold milk before the important game.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight!

kyL3RXy.gif

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant as always !! ..........  lovin' a bit of Curtis

Time for these pretenders to finally lie down, ............  3 - 1 Wednesday,  not bothered who scores, so long as Dave gets the last one to wrap it up

WITH THE FULL ENERGY !!!

post-38035-0-95205600-1461971291.gif

Victorious OMDT, but which one will triumph. My money's on this one. And the Owls. Ten nil all of them on the break. Everyone scores except Nuhiu. Nuhiu gets ten assists though. Positively Wednesday. Massive Satdy night

Absolutely fekkin brilliant Pauli.

Top drawer match day thread: check.

Party atmosphere down under: check.

All kids out of house for weekend: check.

Mrs Maskedowl all set to run amok: check.

Only one thing missing. C'arn you blue and white beauties!!

Morning all. Hope you're keeping well. How awesome is this. Props to all those going, sing your hearts out and carry our lads to victory.

Today has nothing to do with Cardiff or anyone else. It's all about us. Let's enjoy it.